British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   ACS--November applicats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/acs-november-applicats-582675/)

denver09 Mar 1st 2009 4:20 pm

Re: ACS--November applicats

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1 (Post 7334365)
Guys...I have filed visa today!!! kinda happy.....:)

Please join me in the post March 2009 post....
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594744

Congrats Aman,

I was closely watching your case in this forum. Wish you goos luck for further process. I will be throwing questions in future to you if I need some. Right now, I am just a month with ACS....Good luck once again

lalitahuja Mar 2nd 2009 3:53 am

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1 (Post 7334365)
Guys...I have filed visa today!!! kinda happy.....:)

Please join me in the post March 2009 post....
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594744

Great Mate.

You going to help me in filling, may be in April 2009 boat ;):thumbup:

lalitahuja Mar 2nd 2009 3:54 am

Originally Posted by tgregory73 (Post 7334631)
Saturday was a good day. Got a +ve from ACS in the mail!!! OFf to file and move on to the March 09 Visa thread! Good Luck to all. The wait is long but rewarding!

Congrats mate. Now file it ASAP.

aman_sharma2k1 Mar 2nd 2009 4:17 am

Originally Posted by denver09 (Post 7334939)
Congrats Aman,

I was closely watching your case in this forum. Wish you goos luck for further process. I will be throwing questions in future to you if I need some. Right now, I am just a month with ACS....Good luck once again

Hmm...so you were spying...lol...just kidding... :rofl:

Thanks a lot...yup..yes..I will be more than happy..just send me PM or email me ..if something you cannot put here on BE...otherwise just post one thread...will revert back...:)

Good luck for your ACS....:thumbsup:

aman_sharma2k1 Mar 2nd 2009 4:18 am

Originally Posted by lalitahuja (Post 7336311)
Great Mate.

You going to help me in filling, may be in April 2009 boat ;):thumbup:

Offcourse man!!!! Try to catch to March boat....Let's leave for Ozzzzz 2gether..it will be a fun...:lol:

lalitahuja Mar 2nd 2009 4:23 am

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1 (Post 7336347)
Offcourse man!!!! Try to catch to March boat....Let's leave for Ozzzzz 2gether..it will be a fun...:lol:

Son't Passport and Marriage Certificate are two major hurdles. Now Marriage Certificate will hopefully will be ready in a week's time bt passport will take arnd one month. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Otherwise I am ready with everything.

Where u heading ? Hv u decided on something ?

aman_sharma2k1 Mar 2nd 2009 4:35 am

Originally Posted by lalitahuja (Post 7336352)
Son't Passport and Marriage Certificate are two major hurdles. Now Marriage Certificate will hopefully will be ready in a week's time bt passport will take arnd one month. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Otherwise I am ready with everything.

Where u heading ? Hv u decided on something ?

I want to apply for state sponsorship..may be will apply for Victoria or QLD..My frnds are in QLD....but i would like to go to Victoria...lets see...hey lets do one thing..let apply for Victoria sponssorship....Agent is not willing me to help on this..let us work 2gether and apply dere..who knows if we get..we can go 2gether...and search for job..2gether..this will minimise the expenses also!! what u think..if u ok..mail me ...we will work it on and will send the form in 2-3 days..before their state sponsorhip list changes!!!

ddb Mar 2nd 2009 4:45 am

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1 (Post 7336378)
I want to apply for state sponsorship..may be will apply for Victoria or QLD..My frnds are in QLD....but i would like to go to Victoria...lets see...hey lets do one thing..let apply for Victoria sponssorship....Agent is not willing me to help on this..let us work 2gether and apply dere..who knows if we get..we can go 2gether...and search for job..2gether..this will minimise the expenses also!! what u think..if u ok..mail me ...we will work it on and will send the form in 2-3 days..before their state sponsorhip list changes!!!

I don't want to discourage you but there have been incidents posted on this forum where Victoria has rejected some sponsorship applications that already have 120 points and eligible for 175.

Best of luck !!! There is no harm in trying.

lalitahuja Mar 2nd 2009 4:52 am

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1 (Post 7336378)

That must have been very nice but

Victoria is not giving State Sponsership at the moment. I have gone through that post somewhere (One guy written about that). Trying to find out that post. I have one more concern, are we not restricting ourself by taking State Sponsership i.e. we can't work anywhere else in Australia.

I have gone through one more post where they rejected one guy's State Sponsership application as that guy was already having 120 points in his bag. They asked him to make direct application. I am looking to find all these post and will pass you link

lalitahuja Mar 2nd 2009 4:53 am

Originally Posted by ddb (Post 7336408)
I don't want to discourage you but there have been incidents posted on this forum where Victoria has rejected some sponsorship applications that already have 120 points and eligible for 175.

Best of luck !!! There is no harm in trying.

Yeah even I am talking about same post

aman_sharma2k1 Mar 2nd 2009 4:56 am

Originally Posted by lalitahuja (Post 7336422)
That must have been very nice but

Victoria is not giving State Sponsership at the moment. I have gone through that post somewhere (One guy written about that). Trying to find out that post. I have one more concern, are we not restricting ourself by taking State Sponsership i.e. we can't work anywhere else in Australia.

I have gone through one more post where they rejected one guy's State Sponsership application as that guy was already having 120 points in his bag. They asked him to make direct application. I am looking to find all these post and will pass you link

YEs..even i read somewhere they rejected the application coz of points..but who knows they want SAP people :confused: ( Little optimistic)...I think they stopped the same for some trade occupations like hairdresser and cook, coz some institutions were giving fake exp hours certificates..that is type 4 occupations..i think still we can apply..at that end they want good guys to sustain their economoy...so if you have goos resume + exp...they may accpet you!!!

lalitahuja Mar 2nd 2009 4:59 am

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1 (Post 7336428)
YEs..even i read somewhere they rejected the application coz of points..but who knows they want SAP people :confused: ( Little optimistic)...I think they stopped the same for some trade occupations like hairdresser and cook, coz some institutions were giving fake exp hours certificates..that is type 4 occupations..i think still we can apply..at that end they want good guys to sustain their economoy...so if you have goos resume + exp...they may accpet you!!!

Yeah they not accepting application for some trade ASCO 4. Go through below link

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594685

LayaboutSi Mar 9th 2009 10:06 am

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Just back from a week's holiday and I have a possitive assessment waiting for me. Got the big thumbsup on the MODL too... :thumbup:

Visaville Road - here I come....

:thumbsup:

lalitahuja Mar 9th 2009 10:19 am

Originally Posted by LayaboutSi (Post 7359248)
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Just back from a week's holiday and I have a possitive assessment waiting for me. Got the big thumbsup on the MODL too... :thumbup:

That's really great. Congrats!!!!:thumbsup:

mustafa_jaleel Mar 9th 2009 11:28 am

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Congrats buddy :)
I am also waiting for final decision from ACS.

tgregory73 Mar 9th 2009 1:11 pm

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Congrats...Get that Visa lodged and join us in the March 09 thread!!!

aman_sharma2k1 Mar 9th 2009 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by tgregory73 (Post 7359807)

hey is it you in the picture? lovely kid....she is ur daughter :)

say my hello to her...

LayaboutSi Mar 9th 2009 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by tgregory73 (Post 7359807)

That's the plan. Watch that space! :D

tgregory73 Mar 9th 2009 11:09 pm

Thanks he is my son. He was 4 in this picture but will be 6 in 2 weeks.

He is ready to go to Oz too. He is dying to see a real Koala.

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1 (Post 7360655)
hey is it you in the picture? lovely kid....she is ur daughter :)

say my hello to her...

sajeer Mar 10th 2009 12:29 am

Hi My status in "In Process" for a long time.
Application was recieved on 3-Dec-08.
Got request for more documents on 3-Feb-09
Documents Recieved on 13-Feb-09
After that it has been in the "In Process" state.

I have not yet contacted ACS. The mail that acknowledged documents said

"Please note that the time spent waiting for further documents does not count as part of the processing time. "

Does that mean that it might take the entire 8-12 weeks again after the documents were recieved?

Veterans please help!!

Thanks

denver09 Mar 10th 2009 12:36 am

Hi tgregory73,

I have a query about additional documents asked by ACS. They requested additional documents ( Academic Certificates, undergraduate and masters) from me. I think they asked similar documents from you as well.

What did you send? sealed academic transcripts from school or diploma?? Since I went to school in US like you, I sent sealed transcripts in the begining . But now I am notorizing a copy and sending diploma as well. Your help is really appreciated.. Please throw some of your experience...

tgregory73 Mar 10th 2009 12:38 am

No, I had the same thing happen to me. They said it may be 3-4 weeks after the documents were received buy it turned out to be about 2.5 weeks.

Originally Posted by sajeer (Post 7361864)
Hi My status in "In Process" for a long time.
Application was recieved on 3-Dec-08.
Got request for more documents on 3-Feb-09
Documents Recieved on 13-Feb-09
After that it has been in the "In Process" state.

I have not yet contacted ACS. The mail that acknowledged documents said

"Please note that the time spent waiting for further documents does not count as part of the processing time. "

Does that mean that it might take the entire 8-12 weeks again after the documents were recieved?

Veterans please help!!

Thanks

tgregory73 Mar 10th 2009 12:43 am

I also sent the sealed transcripts with the original application that showed I graduated 2nd in my class but they wanted a certified copy of my original Diploma. I got a notary public to witness the copy of my diploma and sent it off to them.

Originally Posted by denver09 (Post 7361890)
Hi tgregory73,

I have a query about additional documents asked by ACS. They requested additional documents ( Academic Certificates, undergraduate and masters) from me. I think they asked similar documents from you as well.

What did you send? sealed academic transcripts from school or diploma?? Since I went to school in US like you, I sent sealed transcripts in the begining . But now I am notorizing a copy and sending diploma as well. Your help is really appreciated.. Please throw some of your experience...

denver09 Mar 10th 2009 12:50 am

I appreciate your help dude.. I did the same thing. In addition, I sent notorized transcipts as well..
Thank you much

sajeer Mar 10th 2009 5:14 am

Originally Posted by tgregory73 (Post 7361896)
No, I had the same thing happen to me. They said it may be 3-4 weeks after the documents were received buy it turned out to be about 2.5 weeks.

Hey Greg

Thanks for your response.. appreciate it.

Thats a bit of a relief. I was starting to panick.
May be I will wait for another 2 weeks before hitting the panick button.

All the best on your visa application.

tgregory73 Mar 10th 2009 10:26 am

Originally Posted by denver09 (Post 7361931)
I appreciate your help dude.. I did the same thing. In addition, I sent notorized transcipts as well..
Thank you much

No problem, The ACS really seemed like the most stressful part of the whole thing so far. That may be because I used that time to get all of my Visa reqs. together. So once I got my +ve from ACS I had my Visa submitted and all documents uploaded in just days.

tgregory73 Mar 10th 2009 10:28 am

Originally Posted by sajeer (Post 7362366)
Hey Greg

Thanks for your response.. appreciate it.

Thats a bit of a relief. I was starting to panick.
May be I will wait for another 2 weeks before hitting the panick button.

All the best on your visa application.

Thanks, Hope to see you and Denver09 over in the March 09 thread. Get all of your required docs for your visa together and go ahead and fill out the paper form. Even if you are applying online the paper form will give you a heads up on all questions so you don't have to save the app and come back later.:thumbsup: Good Luck!

aman_sharma2k1 Mar 10th 2009 10:35 am

Originally Posted by tgregory73 (Post 7363017)
Thanks, Hope to see you and Denver09 over in the March 09 thread. Get all of your required docs for your visa together and go ahead and fill out the paper form. Even if you are applying online the paper form will give you a heads up on all questions so you don't have to save the app and come back later.:thumbsup: Good Luck!

Go through this link:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...61#post7362661

denver09 Mar 10th 2009 6:32 pm

Thanks tgregory73 for your wish. We wanted to be there soon from this job uncertainity in the US. Every Friday you hear lays off in the company around here..To secure your job has been like winning a battle everyday.

If you get laid off you even have a hard time in landing a minial job..I had couple of collegues already hitting worst situation after laid offs...

mustafa_jaleel Mar 12th 2009 11:07 am

hey guys,

I applied for ACS on 29th Nov 2008 and before the end of 11th week of processing the ACS person asked me to submit some more docs, that I sent on 3rd March 09, Till date my status has not change and now the 13th week of processing is going to finish as well. :(

Applied on: 29th Nov 2008
Date Received: 15-December-2008
Event Type: Skills Assessment
Managed By: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Registered Post No:

anybody know the approx time that ACS takes... AT MAX !!!

Regards,
MJ

Himanshuaus Mar 12th 2009 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by mustafa_jaleel (Post 7371285)
hey guys,

I applied for ACS on 29th Nov 2008 and before the end of 11th week of processing the ACS person asked me to submit some more docs, that I sent on 3rd March 09, Till date my status has not change and now the 13th week of processing is going to finish as well. :(

Applied on: 29th Nov 2008
Date Received: 15-December-2008
Event Type: Skills Assessment
Managed By: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Registered Post No:

anybody know the approx time that ACS takes... AT MAX !!!

Regards,
MJ

The Average time is about 8-9 Weeks if your documents are fine. What was the additional details they demanded?

mustafa_jaleel Mar 12th 2009 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Himanshuaus (Post 7371642)
The Average time is about 8-9 Weeks if your documents are fine. What was the additional details they demanded?

They have asked me for the experience letter from the current employer, as when I submitted the application to ACS I attached all the experience letter plus the appointment letter from the current employer, the exp. letter from current employer was missing and that's what they asked for. Tomorrow my 13th week is going to over :( but no further news from ACS.

Regards.

mpgrewal Mar 12th 2009 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by mustafa_jaleel (Post 7372000)
as when I submitted the application to ACS I attached all the experience letter plus the appointment letter from the current employer
Regards.

Could not understand what are you saying? You said you submitted experience letter from current employer originally..then what they asked for now?

Himanshuaus Mar 12th 2009 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by mustafa_jaleel (Post 7372000)
They have asked me for the experience letter from the current employer, as when I submitted the application to ACS I attached all the experience letter plus the appointment letter from the current employer, the exp. letter from current employer was missing and that's what they asked for. Tomorrow my 13th week is going to over :( but no further news from ACS.

Regards.

What they want is a detailed experience letter from you current employer ( or the employer where you have worked under MODL)

A very general might work - might not work. They need a description of your roles and responsibilities in 5-6 points. Lets keep our fingers crossed. Hopes it goes fine.

mustafa_jaleel Mar 12th 2009 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Himanshuaus (Post 7372397)
What they want is a detailed experience letter from you current employer ( or the employer where you have worked under MODL)

A very general might work - might not work. They need a description of your roles and responsibilities in 5-6 points. Lets keep our fingers crossed. Hopes it goes fine.

Hi Himanshu,

All my experience is from Software Industry, as I am Senior Software Engineer, now my overall experience is more than 4.5 years. Hope the things will shape up and I will see the results from ACS soon :)
And yes indeed! I am keeping the fingers crossed and will wait for hearing from the authorities.

Regards.

Himanshuaus Mar 13th 2009 4:25 am

Originally Posted by mustafa_jaleel (Post 7373371)
Hi Himanshu,

All my experience is from Software Industry, as I am Senior Software Engineer, now my overall experience is more than 4.5 years. Hope the things will shape up and I will see the results from ACS soon :)
And yes indeed! I am keeping the fingers crossed and will wait for hearing from the authorities.

Regards.

Best of LUCK buddy!!

shatirgill Mar 15th 2009 7:03 am

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1 (Post 7140894)
Guys,

Any one who has applied for the ACS assesment in the Nov last week. What's the status as of now. Below is y details:

Date Received 26-November-2008
Credit card chanrged: 3rd Dec 2008
Status To be allocated

After that no update as of now!!

Is there anyone who is at the same boat?

Please update and keep in touch

- Regards

Dear Aman Sharma Please tell me which documents you sent to ACS. I am plaining to apply next week. and also did you get the +ve assesment.

Shatir Gill

aman_sharma2k1 Mar 15th 2009 8:36 am

Originally Posted by shatirgill (Post 7380539)
Dear Aman Sharma Please tell me which documents you sent to ACS. I am plaining to apply next week. and also did you get the +ve assesment.

Shatir Gill

Hello mate,

I applied through Agent...and below are the documents that you must provide:

1. Reference letter (with ur duties..check format n ACS.
2. All my promotion letters
3. my certifications....
4. All my education certificates..(degree, marks asheets, 10th, 12th)
5. All sal slips from all my empoyers..
6. Offer letters (though they said they dont need offer letter)

just try to give all documents....does not matter whether they want or not..

Yes..I got +ve Assesment with MODL points..and applied for visa on 1st march ..now long wait...:)

Himanshuaus Mar 15th 2009 8:39 am

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1 (Post 7380706)
Hello mate,

I applied through Agent...and below are the documents that you must provide:

1. Reference letter (with ur duties..check format n ACS.
2. All my promotion letters
3. my certifications....
4. All my education certificates..(degree, marks asheets, 10th, 12th)
5. All sal slips from all my empoyers..
6. Offer letters (though they said they dont need offer letter)

just try to give all documents....does not matter whether they want or not..

Yes..I got +ve Assesment with MODL points..and applied for visa on 1st march ..now long wait...:)

Hi Aman,

Did u sent the originals of the Promotion letter or notrized transcripts?

Also the salary slips of current employer should be in letter head or again notrized?

ddb Mar 15th 2009 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Himanshuaus (Post 7380716)
Hi Aman,

Did u sent the originals of the Promotion letter or notrized transcripts?

Also the salary slips of current employer should be in letter head or again notrized?

Salary slips are NOT required for ACS assessment.
I didn't send any and have got +ve assessment with MODL.