ACS assessment response plz help

Old Aug 10th 2013, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

momin.jaweed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS assessment response plz help

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Where did you find this information - if it is DIAC site it means that you can only claim experience after Jan 2007 in line with your ACS assessment. If it is the ACS site, it is confirming what your assessment says.
Hello
I find this on ACS site
https://www.acs.org.au/migration-ski...ws-and-updates

Does it mean that I can claim all my experience means 8 years
Old Aug 10th 2013, 8:02 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by momin.jaweed
Hello
I find this on ACS site
https://www.acs.org.au/migration-ski...ws-and-updates

Does it mean that I can claim all my experience means 8 years
Your ACS assessment says employment after Jan 2007 is considered skilled. For the best advice with your situation consult a MARA agent.
Old Aug 10th 2013, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Your ACS assessment says employment after Jan 2007 is considered skilled. For the best advice with your situation consult a MARA agent.
Hello
Thanks, I will soon meet MARA agent.

One very interesting information I find while filling EOI form

Skilled employment can also be in a closely releated occupation. Any
Periods of employment in a closely releated occupation must be undertaken
at the relevant skill level of the nominated occupation. This means employmnet the cline
t to be closely releated to the nominated occupation must be

1) in the same ANZCO unit group or
2) consistent with a plausible carrer advancement pathway

So, In my case my experience before January 2007 was
1) Software developer
2) Software engineer

and according to me they both fall in one unit group.

What do you think?
Old Aug 10th 2013, 12:33 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by momin.jaweed
Hello
Thanks, I will soon meet MARA agent.

One very interesting information I find while filling EOI form

Skilled employment can also be in a closely releated occupation. Any
Periods of employment in a closely releated occupation must be undertaken
at the relevant skill level of the nominated occupation. This means employmnet the cline
t to be closely releated to the nominated occupation must be

1) in the same ANZCO unit group or
2) consistent with a plausible carrer advancement pathway

So, In my case my experience before January 2007 was
1) Software developer
2) Software engineer

and according to me they both fall in one unit group.

What do you think?
My interpretation of ACS criteria is - your employment before January 2007 is considered necessary to you being skilled - it was considered by ACS as relevant as it was used to deem you skilled. ACS view it that a fresh graduate has learned the theory of what they need to do, but not the practicalities. This comes from putting what you learn into practice - after some practice in a relevant position (2 years in your case) you are considered skilled. Once you are skilled - they look to see if the rest of your employment history is relevant - in your case, the remaining 6 years was. So you have been deemed skilled from Jan 2007 with now 6 years experience - in ACS's opinion.

How DIAC interpret skilled employment is different. Because of this your best course is to take advice from a GOOD MARA agent, or not claim those years as overclaiming points results in refusal of application

Last edited by old.sparkles; Aug 10th 2013 at 12:37 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2013, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

My interpretation of ACS criteria is - your employment before January 2007 is considered necessary to you being skilled - it was considered by ACS as relevant as it was used to deem you skilled. ACS view it that a fresh graduate has learned the theory of what they need to do, but not the practicalities. This comes from putting what you learn into practice - after some practice in a relevant position (2 years in your case) you are considered skilled. Once you are skilled - they look to see if the rest of your employment history is relevant - in your case, the remaining 6 years was. So you have been deemed skilled from Jan 2007 with now 6 years experience - in ACS's opinion.

How DIAC interpret skilled employment is different. Because of this your best course is to take advice from a GOOD MARA agent, or not claim those years as overclaiming points results in refusal of application
hello
Thanks a lot for help, GOD bless you
Old Aug 13th 2013, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

sun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy ACS Result letter

I need your help guys regarding the dates on my ACS letter.

Here is what the letter states regarding my skills assessment:

------------------------------
Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:

Your Bachelor of Science (Hons) Information Systems Technology from xxx completed June 2008 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing

The following employment after September 2010 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 08/08 - 04/10 (1yrs 8mths)
Position: Systems Administrator
Employer: xxx

Dates: 06/10 - 06/13 (3yrs 0mths)

Please note that the Department of Immigration and Citizenship reserves the right to undertake further investigation regarding your skilled employment experience.
While the ACS is authorised to assess ICT skills assessments, the final decision in awarding points remains with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.

This assessment is based upon the documents provided. By issuing this letter or otherwise, the ACS makes no representation regarding:

• The authenticity of documentation provided or the veracity of content.
• The suitability of the applicant for migration or employment.

This assessment is valid for a period of 24 months from the date of this letter.

When I apply for Skill select if I fill in the Employment section gives me almost 5 Years total (based on the dates above).

What do I do with this September 2010 date stated in ACS result letter? What's this for?

Many thanks!
Old Aug 13th 2013, 10:39 am

Default Re: ACS Result letter

Originally Posted by sun23
I need your help guys regarding the dates on my ACS letter.

Here is what the letter states regarding my skills assessment:

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:

Your Bachelor of Science (Hons) Information Systems Technology from xxx completed June 2008 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing

The following employment after September 2010 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 08/08 - 04/10 (1yrs 8mths)

Dates: 06/10 - 06/13 (3yrs 0mths)

Please note that the Department of Immigration and Citizenship reserves the right to undertake further investigation regarding your skilled employment experience.
While the ACS is authorised to assess ICT skills assessments, the final decision in awarding points remains with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.

This assessment is based upon the documents provided. By issuing this letter or otherwise, the ACS makes no representation regarding:

• The authenticity of documentation provided or the veracity of content.
• The suitability of the applicant for migration or employment.

This assessment is valid for a period of 24 months from the date of this letter.

When I apply for Skill select if I fill in the Employment section gives me almost 5 Years total (based on the dates above).

What do I do with this September 2010 date stated in ACS result letter? What's this for?

Many thanks!
Threads merged as same question

The date is the time when ACS deem you skilled, and only consider the employment after this date as skilled employment. I would seek advice from a skilled MARA agent about claiming experience points.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

sun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to behold

Threads merged as same question

The date is the time when ACS deem you skilled, and only consider the employment after this date as skilled employment. I would seek advice from a skilled MARA agent about claiming experience points.
I understand the Date is for my "skilled employment", they are saying I am less skilled than my colleague who started work at the same time as me but had the letter done before May 2013... ???

Did anyone experienced the same thing? What dates did you use for Skill Select?
Old Aug 13th 2013, 2:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I understand the Date is for my "skilled employment", they are saying I am less skilled than my colleague who started work at the same time as me but had the letter done before May 2013... ???

Did anyone experienced the same thing? What dates did you use for Skill Select?
They make a decision based on your info, its nothing to do with what experience anyone else may have.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They make a decision based on your info, its nothing to do with what experience anyone else may have.
I don't understand what you mean. They will make a decision based on the input Dates. I am asking if anyone else used the date from ASC, experiencing the same situation as mine! Is this the best advise you can give?
Old Aug 13th 2013, 2:43 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand what you mean. They will make a decision based on the input Dates. I am asking if anyone else used the date from ASC, experiencing the same situation as mine! Is this the best advise you can give?
What I mean is, it doesn't matter what they have said to your colleague, they look at each application individually.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
What I mean is, it doesn't matter what they have said to your colleague, they look at each application individually.
When you say "they" are you referring to ACS or DIAC or both? Have you dealt with them before re IT experience?
Old Aug 13th 2013, 3:09 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

When you say "they" are you referring to ACS or DIAC or both? Have you dealt with them before re IT experience?
and
Is this the best advise you can give?

Do you realize how rude you sound? People here are giving advice at no cost to you, they are giving up their time to help and they don't get paid for it. I suggest you show some manners.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
and

Do you realize how rude you sound? People here are giving advice at no cost to you, they are giving up their time to help and they don't get paid for it. I suggest you show some manners.
I will appreciate and I will be very grateful for any advice offered and I wish I could do the same in return. Someone jumping on the thread with statements like: "its nothing to do with what experience anyone else may have" does not help anyone in any way...
Old Aug 13th 2013, 5:43 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
and

He/she has already been given the best advice - speak to a MARA agent, but i not they didn't bother giving any thanks for that either.Sometimes I wonder why we give up our time.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.