ACS assessment response plz help

Old Aug 9th 2013, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

momin.jaweed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS assessment response plz help

Hello
Today, I receive ACS assessment.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261312(developer programmer) of
ANZSCO code.

The following employment after january 2007 is considered toequate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevent to the code

Date: 01/05-09/05
Position Software developer
Country Pakistan

Date: 09/05-12/06
Position Software engineer
Country Pakistan

Date: 12/06-10/07
Position developer programmer
Country Pakistan

Date: 10/07-05/13
Position Software developer/Programmer
Country Pakistan

I would like to know WHY after january 2007?

Moreover, after january 2007 mean 6 years and 3 months and I would like to claim 8 years of experience to get full 15 points of oversease experience.

Any advice?
Old Aug 9th 2013, 9:30 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS assessment response plz help

Originally Posted by momin.jaweed
Hello
Today, I receive ACS assessment.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261312(developer programmer) of
ANZSCO code.

The following employment after january 2007 is considered toequate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevent to the code

Date: 01/05-09/05
Position Software developer
Country Pakistan

Date: 09/05-12/06
Position Software engineer
Country Pakistan

Date: 12/06-10/07
Position developer programmer
Country Pakistan

Date: 10/07-05/13
Position Software developer/Programmer
Country Pakistan

Moreover, after january 2007 mean 6 years and 3 months and I would like to claim 8 years of experience to get full 15 points of oversease experience.

Any advice?
ACS changed their assessments this year, there has been lots of discussion on this if you use search. Basically, depending on your qualification and its relevance to the position, they also require a level of work experience to deem you skilled. Their summary criteria is here - http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/...f-Criteria.pdf
Old Aug 9th 2013, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Hello
thnaks for reply.

MY qualification assessed as follow

Master of information system from Karachi University has been as comparable to an AQF Master degree with a major in computing

You bachelor of Science(Computer Science) from Karachi University has been as compareable to an AQF Bachalor degree with a major in computing

But I would like to know can I claim all my experience to get 15 points or experience which ACS consider which is after january 2007.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 10:00 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
thnaks for reply.

MY qualification assessed as follow

Master of information system from Karachi University has been as comparable to an AQF Master degree with a major in computing

You bachelor of Science(Computer Science) from Karachi University has been as compareable to an AQF Bachalor degree with a major in computing

But I would like to know can I claim all my experience to get 15 points or experience which ACS consider which is after january 2007.
I would get advice from a MARA agent in your situation. Do you have enough points if you only use 6 years experience?
Old Aug 9th 2013, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

sun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to behold

Could have something to do with your Graduation date? As you might know only post-graduation experience will be counted...

Last edited by sun23; Aug 9th 2013 at 11:14 am.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Hello
I have completed my bachelor in 2005 and all my work experience start after my degree
Old Aug 9th 2013, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Hello
Is this because of software engineer?

Can I email ACS for clarification

Last edited by momin.jaweed; Aug 9th 2013 at 12:04 pm.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 12:00 pm

Hello
I have completed my bachelor in 2005 and all my work experience start after my degree
But if you look at the ACS criteria, you now also need a minimum amount of experience to be deemed as skilled by them. If you have a degree with ICT major closely related to your occupation, you need 2 years work experience to be deemed skilled by them. It was on that link I gave earlier.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Rhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
When did you complete your Masters degree?
Old Aug 9th 2013, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rhubarb65
When did you complete your Masters degree?
Bachelor in 2005
Master in 2011

Last edited by momin.jaweed; Aug 9th 2013 at 1:01 pm.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 1:03 pm

Bachelor in 2005
Master in 2011
Momin - did you look at the ACS criteria? A successful skills assessment requires at least 2 years experience - only after you have experience do they deem you to be skilled. You started work Jan 2005, therefore by there rules you are skilled Jan 2007.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Momin - did you look at the ACS criteria? A successful skills assessment requires at least 2 years experience - only after you have experience do they deem you to be skilled. You started work Jan 2005, therefore by there rules you are skilled Jan 2007.
Hello Sir
Thank you for reply, One last question plzzz

Can I claim 8 years of experience (which start from 2005) in my EOI to get 15 points?
Old Aug 9th 2013, 1:11 pm

Hello Sir
Thank you for reply, One last question plzzz

Can I claim 8 years of experience (which start from 2005) in my EOI to get 15 points?
I'm not knighted nor male, so need to make me a Sir

As I said earlier, that would be your risk. If you get to 60 points without claiming it, I don't think I would risk it. The best advice would be to see a MARA registered agent.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I'm not knighted nor male, so need to make me a Sir

As I said earlier, that would be your risk. If you get to 60 points without claiming it, I don't think I would risk it. The best advice would be to see a MARA registered agent.
News & Updates

ACS Skill Assessment Result Letters

All ACS Skill Assessment Result Letters report on a date (mm/yy) of when an applicant becomes ‘skilled’.

This date will be when the applicant meets the ACS Requirements, these requirements are detailed in the Summary of Criteria

Please note, only employment completed after the date the applicant has met the ACS requirements will be counted as skilled employment.

plz explain in bold data
Old Aug 9th 2013, 11:12 pm

News & Updates

ACS Skill Assessment Result Letters

All ACS Skill Assessment Result Letters report on a date (mm/yy) of when an applicant becomes ‘skilled’.

This date will be when the applicant meets the ACS Requirements, these requirements are detailed in the Summary of Criteria

Please note, only employment completed after the date the applicant has met the ACS requirements will be counted as skilled employment.

plz explain in bold data
Where did you find this information - if it is DIAC site it means that you can only claim experience after Jan 2007 in line with your ACS assessment. If it is the ACS site, it is confirming what your assessment says.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.