British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   ACS assessment response plz help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/acs-assessment-response-plz-help-805487/)

momin.jaweed Aug 9th 2013 7:45 am

ACS assessment response plz help

Hello
Today, I receive ACS assessment.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261312(developer programmer) of
ANZSCO code.

The following employment after january 2007 is considered toequate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevent to the code

Date: 01/05-09/05
Position Software developer
Country Pakistan

Date: 09/05-12/06
Position Software engineer
Country Pakistan

Date: 12/06-10/07
Position developer programmer
Country Pakistan

Date: 10/07-05/13
Position Software developer/Programmer
Country Pakistan

I would like to know WHY after january 2007?

Moreover, after january 2007 mean 6 years and 3 months and I would like to claim 8 years of experience to get full 15 points of oversease experience.

Any advice?

old.sparkles Aug 9th 2013 9:30 am

Re: ACS assessment response plz help

Originally Posted by momin.jaweed (Post 10842158)
Hello
Today, I receive ACS assessment.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261312(developer programmer) of
ANZSCO code.

The following employment after january 2007 is considered toequate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevent to the code

Date: 01/05-09/05
Position Software developer
Country Pakistan

Date: 09/05-12/06
Position Software engineer
Country Pakistan

Date: 12/06-10/07
Position developer programmer
Country Pakistan

Date: 10/07-05/13
Position Software developer/Programmer
Country Pakistan

Moreover, after january 2007 mean 6 years and 3 months and I would like to claim 8 years of experience to get full 15 points of oversease experience.

Any advice?

ACS changed their assessments this year, there has been lots of discussion on this if you use search. Basically, depending on your qualification and its relevance to the position, they also require a level of work experience to deem you skilled. Their summary criteria is here - http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/...f-Criteria.pdf

momin.jaweed Aug 9th 2013 9:56 am

Hello
thnaks for reply.

MY qualification assessed as follow

Master of information system from Karachi University has been as comparable to an AQF Master degree with a major in computing

You bachelor of Science(Computer Science) from Karachi University has been as compareable to an AQF Bachalor degree with a major in computing

But I would like to know can I claim all my experience to get 15 points or experience which ACS consider which is after january 2007.

old.sparkles Aug 9th 2013 10:00 am

Originally Posted by momin.jaweed (Post 10842265)
Hello
thnaks for reply.

MY qualification assessed as follow

Master of information system from Karachi University has been as comparable to an AQF Master degree with a major in computing

You bachelor of Science(Computer Science) from Karachi University has been as compareable to an AQF Bachalor degree with a major in computing

But I would like to know can I claim all my experience to get 15 points or experience which ACS consider which is after january 2007.

I would get advice from a MARA agent in your situation. Do you have enough points if you only use 6 years experience?

sun23 Aug 9th 2013 10:12 am

Originally Posted by momin.jaweed (Post 10842158)

Could have something to do with your Graduation date? As you might know only post-graduation experience will be counted...

momin.jaweed Aug 9th 2013 11:54 am

Hello
I have completed my bachelor in 2005 and all my work experience start after my degree

momin.jaweed Aug 9th 2013 11:57 am

Hello
Is this because of software engineer?

Can I email ACS for clarification

old.sparkles Aug 9th 2013 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by momin.jaweed (Post 10842430)
Hello
I have completed my bachelor in 2005 and all my work experience start after my degree

But if you look at the ACS criteria, you now also need a minimum amount of experience to be deemed as skilled by them. If you have a degree with ICT major closely related to your occupation, you need 2 years work experience to be deemed skilled by them. It was on that link I gave earlier.

Rhubarb65 Aug 9th 2013 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by momin.jaweed (Post 10842430)
Hello

When did you complete your Masters degree?

momin.jaweed Aug 9th 2013 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Rhubarb65 (Post 10842454)
When did you complete your Masters degree?

Bachelor in 2005
Master in 2011

old.sparkles Aug 9th 2013 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by momin.jaweed (Post 10842524)
Bachelor in 2005
Master in 2011

Momin - did you look at the ACS criteria? A successful skills assessment requires at least 2 years experience - only after you have experience do they deem you to be skilled. You started work Jan 2005, therefore by there rules you are skilled Jan 2007.

momin.jaweed Aug 9th 2013 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 10842528)
Momin - did you look at the ACS criteria? A successful skills assessment requires at least 2 years experience - only after you have experience do they deem you to be skilled. You started work Jan 2005, therefore by there rules you are skilled Jan 2007.

Hello Sir
Thank you for reply, One last question plzzz

Can I claim 8 years of experience (which start from 2005) in my EOI to get 15 points?

old.sparkles Aug 9th 2013 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by momin.jaweed (Post 10842538)
Hello Sir
Thank you for reply, One last question plzzz

Can I claim 8 years of experience (which start from 2005) in my EOI to get 15 points?

I'm not knighted nor male, so need to make me a Sir :lol:

As I said earlier, that would be your risk. If you get to 60 points without claiming it, I don't think I would risk it. The best advice would be to see a MARA registered agent.

momin.jaweed Aug 9th 2013 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 10842543)
I'm not knighted nor male, so need to make me a Sir :lol:

As I said earlier, that would be your risk. If you get to 60 points without claiming it, I don't think I would risk it. The best advice would be to see a MARA registered agent.

News & Updates

ACS Skill Assessment Result Letters

All ACS Skill Assessment Result Letters report on a date (mm/yy) of when an applicant becomes ‘skilled’.

This date will be when the applicant meets the ACS Requirements, these requirements are detailed in the Summary of Criteria

Please note, only employment completed after the date the applicant has met the ACS requirements will be counted as skilled employment.

plz explain in bold data

old.sparkles Aug 9th 2013 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by momin.jaweed (Post 10843047)
News & Updates

ACS Skill Assessment Result Letters

All ACS Skill Assessment Result Letters report on a date (mm/yy) of when an applicant becomes ‘skilled’.

This date will be when the applicant meets the ACS Requirements, these requirements are detailed in the Summary of Criteria

Please note, only employment completed after the date the applicant has met the ACS requirements will be counted as skilled employment.

plz explain in bold data

Where did you find this information - if it is DIAC site it means that you can only claim experience after Jan 2007 in line with your ACS assessment. If it is the ACS site, it is confirming what your assessment says.