Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ACS Application Status & Information (merged threads)

ACS Application Status & Information (merged threads)

Old Jul 10th 2012, 10:49 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS (Skills or RPL?)

Originally Posted by Moey
But this doesn't answer my question.. RPL or Skills..

In addition, do I need MARA agent or it can be done without a MARA ?

What's the average cost of such consultancy ?
I've moved your thread to this one. It seems to have become a general ACS query thread. Hopefully there'll be someone who will have more knowledge on the subject along soon.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

sabedin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When to go for IELTS..

hi..need one information..in general how long does ACS take to provide final assessment report??
Old Sep 13th 2012, 10:50 pm
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of
Default Re: When to go for IELTS..

Originally Posted by sabedin
hi..need one information..in general how long does ACS take to provide final assessment report??
Approx. 12 weeks.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 11:04 pm
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of
Default Re: ACS (Skills or RPL?)

Originally Posted by Moey
But this doesn't answer my question.. RPL or Skills..

In addition, do I need MARA agent or it can be done without a MARA ?

What's the average cost of such consultancy ?
Is your study award is at diploma level or at degree level? Does your coursework consist of majority of IT/CS subjects? If yes, then you would go the Skill route. The RPL route is for people who are in the IT technology but doesn't hold relevant IT qualifications. It looks like to me you probably lie in Qualifications - Group B category (where the minimum experience requirement is 5 years in last 10 years). Go through the ACS info for further details.

Anyways, choosing a MARA agent is your personal choice. My friend and I chose a MARA agent to file our ACS evaluation, my case was straight forward and there wasn't any complexity, however, my friend's case was slightly complex, he has a 4 years degree credit hours completed in three years (three semesters per year instead of two). Having a MARA agent paid off when ACS rejected his evaluation, our agent communicated with ACS case officer directly (over the phone) and they reverted the decisions (without any reviews or any additional fee), we couldn't have done it.

Good luck.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 5:29 am
Just Joined

mahmoodm2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question ACS Skills assessment on 2613XX ?

Hi All,

I am preparing my documents to be assess by ACS. My company had prepared me the job experience letter like this:

- 8 years and 2 months as developer
- My university degree is in Computer engineering ( Programming, Data Structures, System Analysis & Design , Computer Architecture, Network Theory, Languages and machines Theory)

- 3 Projects like :
Analysis, design, programming and debugging of a portal for human resource department of an organization to provide online sports facilities reservation (more than 70,000 end users). This application had developed with .Net framework, C# language, SQL Server RDBMS and Sybase PowerDesigner for modeling in UML. His roles are analysis the reservation workflows and processes requirements, system design and programming.

AND responsibilities and tasks like :
- Gathering customer requirements and evaluating technologies to prepare technical proposals along with cost and time estimation used in marketing department
- Leading research and development activities to identify new technologies, tools and standards used in software development projects.

- He also successfully passed official and internal training courses on information security ,agile methodologies , system modeling with UML, Linux OS and SQL Server OLAP services.

I want to know under which ANZSCO code , I had to submit my assessment documents?
Do I have to separate the day-to-day tasks and projects from tools i am using?
Old Sep 18th 2012, 12:30 am
uzi
Java Dweeb

Default Re: ACS Skills assessment on 2613XX ?

Originally Posted by mahmoodm2
Hi All,

I am preparing my documents to be assess by ACS. My company had prepared me the job experience letter like this:

- 8 years and 2 months as developer
- My university degree is in Computer engineering ( Programming, Data Structures, System Analysis & Design , Computer Architecture, Network Theory, Languages and machines Theory)
Why does your job reference letter states your university degree courses?

- 3 Projects like :
Analysis, design, programming and debugging of a portal for human resource department of an organization to provide online sports facilities reservation (more than 70,000 end users). This application had developed with .Net framework, C# language, SQL Server RDBMS and Sybase PowerDesigner for modeling in UML. His roles are analysis the reservation workflows and processes requirements, system design and programming.

AND responsibilities and tasks like :
- Gathering customer requirements and evaluating technologies to prepare technical proposals along with cost and time estimation used in marketing department
- Leading research and development activities to identify new technologies, tools and standards used in software development projects.

- He also successfully passed official and internal training courses on information security ,agile methodologies , system modeling with UML, Linux OS and SQL Server OLAP services.

I want to know under which ANZSCO code , I had to submit my assessment documents?
261312 Developer Programmer and 261313 Software Engineer both covers your roles and duties.

Do I have to separate the day-to-day tasks and projects from tools i am using?[/COLOR]
As per ACS, each Employment Reference must contain:
• Start & Finish Dates of Employment
• Description of Duties Performed
• Hours worked - Full time or Part time
• Country of Employment
• Company Letterhead and signed by the author

The above means, your employment reference should be similar to (adopt/correct grammatical mistakes/contents):

This is to certify that person <XYZ> has been working with our company <ABC Ltd> since <date> to-date in the capacity of <Your Latest Title> as a full time (nn hours/week) employee. He started working as <YourFirstTitle> and have been gradually promoted to work in the capacity of <Your Latest Title>. He works primarily at our head office/branch office in <city/country> but is required to work temporarily at client side as the needs arise. Following are the details of his day to day duties, roles and responsibilities:

- <Responsibilities and Tasks as you mentioned above.>
- xx
- xx
<there should be atleast 5-6 bullet points explaining your responsibilities/tasks. These may include, but not limited to: >
- Analyzing requirements for the projects
- Coding (languages, paradigms, methodology etc.) ...
- Preparing and executing test cases ...
- Selection and adaption (or R&D) of software development tools ...
- Participate in daily team meetings (scrum, XP etc.) ...
- Mentoring junior team members... etc. etc.

Following is a brief description of the projects he has worked on:

<Project Heading>
<Brief (not detailed) project description>
<Tools/Technologies Used>
<Your particular role, team member, team lead or what portions you specifically worked on>

Please contact undersigned for any further details.

YourManagerSignature
YourManagerName
YourManagerTitle
YourManagerDirectContactDetails/Phonenumber/Extension
I hope above helps.

Regards,

Uzi

P.S. Looks like ACS also provide the format: http://acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_...ce-Example.pdf

Last edited by uzi; Sep 18th 2012 at 12:41 am. Reason: P.S.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 4:48 am
Just Joined

mahmoodm2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by uzi
Why does your job reference letter states your university degree courses?

261312 Developer Programmer and 261313 Software Engineer both covers your roles and duties.

As per ACS, each Employment Reference must contain:
• Start & Finish Dates of Employment
• Description of Duties Performed
• Hours worked - Full time or Part time
• Country of Employment
• Company Letterhead and signed by the author

The above means, your employment reference should be similar to (adopt/correct grammatical mistakes/contents):

I hope above helps.

Regards,

Uzi

P.S. Looks like ACS also provide the format: http://acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_...ce-Example.pdf
Thanks a lot Uzi, my Job reference letter does not states my university degree courses, I just mentioned it to clarify my situation.

As you said it is preferred to separate the duties and projects?
and What about training? Most of them are internal training without an official vendor-based certificates.
And finally my university degree is computer engineering-hardware with courses mentioned above, does it have any impact on their decision?

Kind Regards,
Mahmood
Old Sep 21st 2012, 1:13 am
uzi
Java Dweeb

Thanks a lot Uzi, my Job reference letter does not states my university degree courses, I just mentioned it to clarify my situation.
And finally my university degree is computer engineering-hardware with courses mentioned above, does it have any impact on their decision?
You have an ICT major degree with enough CS/programming courses to qualify you a software engineer/system analyst/developer programmer, I see no issues.

As you said it is preferred to separate the duties and projects?
It is not a strict requirement by ACS, but I personally have found it useful to briefly describe the project and the specific roles/duties you perform on that project and the technologies used by you. This will help the ACS case officer to evaluate your experience to your nominated occupation. I've suggested this pattern in past to several of my friends and all of us have passed ACS evaluation without any issues.

and What about training? Most of them are internal training without an official vendor-based certificates.
You can add it as a responsibility, for instance, "Participate in internal training to increase technical specialization" seems like a good role/responsibility. You can (and should) also attach the letters/certificate issued by your company to your ACS application. It will later on specifically help in your immi application as well (as it is a requirement to attach bonus letters, appreciation letters etc.).

Kind Regards,
Mahmood
You are welcome.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

amirrk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS Status With assessor

dears,

i lodged my ACS application on 6 dec 2012 and today i opened to check the status of m application i found it jumped directly to level 4 !!!
and the status is "With assessor"

My Question is : is this normal to jump from level 1 to 4 in just a day?
and how long it should take until the result?
Old Dec 8th 2012, 3:40 am
uzi
Java Dweeb

Default Re: ACS Status With assessor

Originally Posted by amirrk
dears,

i lodged my ACS application on 6 dec 2012 and today i opened to check the status of m application i found it jumped directly to level 4 !!!

There is no definite answer to your question. Every case is different and there is no way to predict how long your particular application will take. ACS website mentions general guideline of expected duration of case evaluation.

Good luck.
Old Dec 9th 2012, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

ios_ghost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS Status With assessor

Originally Posted by amirrk
dears,

Hello,

Similar thing happend to me. . . . .

It seems, i sent all necessary docs and evidence to ACS to claim my experience as System Engineer.

And the most surprising thing is i got my positive outcome even before paying my credit card bill (that i paid as ACS fee)

Best of luck for you. . . . .

I hope that within very short time you will get a response.Just check your emails every half an hour . . (I did the same LOL )

Applied : Mar 14 2012
Outcome : April 20 2012
Old Dec 11th 2012, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

australia.ind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS awaiting documents

I have submitted my acs application yesterday and today the status changed to awaiting documents stage 3,stating that I should submit my previous employers roles/responsibility in company letter head/Official statutory declaration with references from my supervisor.

My current emploer has given duties/responsibility in a letter head.For my previous employers I can't get it from letter head. So I decided to do in official statutory declaration,but my supervisor in one of my previous comapny was moved .For ther other employer I don't get anyone's contact since it was 8 years ago.

I'm really confused now.Can anyone pls help me on this?

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 11th 2012, 4:20 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS Application Status & Information (merged threads)

Threads merged.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

ios_ghost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS awaiting documents

Originally Posted by australia.ind
I have submitted my acs application yesterday and today the status changed to awaiting documents stage 3,stating that I should submit my previous employers roles/responsibility in company letter head/Official statutory declaration with references from my supervisor.

My current emploer has given duties/responsibility in a letter head.For my previous employers I can't get it from letter head. So I decided to do in official statutory declaration,but my supervisor in one of my previous comapny was moved .For ther other employer I don't get anyone's contact since it was 8 years ago.

I'm really confused now.Can anyone pls help me on this?

Thanks in advance
Go to your previous office and talk to their HR department. I guess you should have some experience certificate, appointment letter or contract document from them during that period. You can send those to ACS with your declaration.

Furthermore, for some cases your ex colleauges can support your declaration. For details pls see ACS website FAQ
Old Dec 12th 2012, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

australia.ind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS Application Status & Information (merged threads)

thanks for your reply.is that fine even if my ex -colleague is not in the same company??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.