Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Old Jul 29th 2008, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

lyse will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

It certainly doesn't look like there are any changes for us in the 9 Aug list posted on this thread. And I'm not listening to any more rumours - a waste of energy.
I am also getting on with my life for now but have not given up hope that this dilemma will be resolved fairly and before the end of this year at least. I agree it would be a great idea to send a delegation to the minister's office as a gentle reminder that we are still waiting for some kind of decision on the way forward.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Norry_Lar is an unknown quantity at this point

We're on the verge of giving up. We've just had enough...
Old Jul 29th 2008, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

kenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Joannec2014
Please PM me IF you are in Australia or will be in Australia within the next month or so and would be willing to go with George to speak to the Department/Minister? Only a small number of delegates are required so not all who PM will get to go, those who are available will be contacted. The proposed location is Sydney.
I am based in Sydney so I could be available for the delegate team.

But I suggest we should choose a main representitive as a team leader. Maybe two are even better. As one for onshore applicants and the other one can handle the offshore ones. Obviously, it is just a thought and I can't be either one due to my insufficient english level.

At this stage, I tried to contact George lately. He said he was happy to meet us (Small Consultation Fee May Applied). If you are interested to join me. Please reach me by [email protected]. I think we defintitely need some professionals' opinions before we establish a delegate team.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

kenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Norry_Lar
We're on the verge of giving up. We've just had enough...
Never say give up!!!!! We all are trying our very best here!!!!!!

And This is what we have generally paid so far:

Almost $2000 AUD application fee
and almost $2000 AUD goes to the immigration Agent
$500 goes IELTs and Medical check-up

Nearly 800 signatures on the GoPetition.com
2000 posts contributed in this thread.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, WE DID NOT CHEAT!!!!

We have no excuse for letting our efforts waste in vain just like that.

Last edited by kenwen20; Jul 29th 2008 at 11:22 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

kaz9903 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am based in Melbourne.. anything that I can do ??
Old Jul 30th 2008, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Elton John is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Transcript of Minister Evans interview on Australian television last night.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2008/s2318150.htm

The discussion only covered refugee detention policy . Also includes his comments on ombudsman role in matters relating to his department.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 1:04 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elton John
Transcript of Minister Evans interview on Australian television last night.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2008/s2318150.htm

The discussion only covered refugee detention policy . Also includes his comments on ombudsman role in matters relating to his department.
I saw the interview... He didnt seem very sure of his ground and for all the changes there is very little difference in policy, detention decisions will be reviewed internally and no more legal rights to challenge government decisions either.

He looked and sounded like a weak and indecisive politician.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 1:16 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex_exile
I saw the interview... He didnt seem very sure of his ground and for all the changes there is very little difference in policy, detention decisions will be reviewed internally and no more legal rights to challenge government decisions either.

Remember he is also the leader of the government in the senate. It wouldn't surprise me if he has too much on his plate and as a consequence is failing to deal effectively with this issue.

S
Old Jul 30th 2008, 3:15 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Remember he is also the leader of the government in the senate. It wouldn't surprise me if he has too much on his plate and as a consequence is failing to deal effectively with this issue.

S
I agree, his priorities are divided but if you look at what he has spent his time on with regards to asylum seekers you have to question whether its a good use of legislative time. It looks like the fulfilment of an election promise, another tick in the box so that the can say they have done it but changing very little, its very New Labour.

Next on the list is the amendments to the Immigration and Citizenship acts that have to get the full parliamentary treatment so one has to wonder when he is planning on getting round to solving the 5 point issue.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

Originally Posted by ex_exile

That is certainly how he is appearing, via his (non-)dealings with us.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 10:55 am
Just Joined

in melbourne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gazzap
That is certainly how he is appearing, via his (non-)dealings with us.
lols 2 b frank my lawyer suggested me of a rumuor as welll.....he also revealed wats gonna happen according to dat rumuor...bt i didnt think of posting dat coz.......it just raises hopes n ends in dissapointment....so if sumthin comes v'll c..............v have been PATIENT enough.....so such rumuors have come n goneeee....lets c wat happens in coimmin week
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the rough

Hi Joanne

I agree with you.

I no longer believe in rumours, we were let down on numerous occasions. The best way to grapple with this thorny process is to leave it running in the background. There will be a time in which the process is reactivated, and resolved.

Cheers
Brisbound

Originally Posted by Joannec2014
We have to keep our faith that they WILL resolve this, it is NOT some dodgy banana republic we are dealing with, Australia is a law abiding nation with law and legislation to uphold, if you genuinely think there is some underhand conspiracy going on and you don't have faith in the Australian government to do the right thing, then why do you want to live there? I for one genuinely believe they ARE looking into solutions and to be honest I'm getting on with my life while we're waiting, we all just have to be pragmatic about this, it is not easily fixed and may still take some time to resolve.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

scudge is on a distinguished road

Senators interview.

From the transcript...

"So we are, if you like, restoring Australia's reputation as someone who takes its international obligations seriously and provides humane treatment."

YEAH RIGHT!!
Old Jul 30th 2008, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Elton John is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Originally Posted by in melbourne
lols 2 b frank my lawyer suggested me of a rumuor as welll.....he also revealed wats gonna happen according to dat rumuor...bt i didnt think of posting dat coz.......it just raises hopes n ends in dissapointment....so if sumthin comes v'll c..............v have been PATIENT enough.....so such rumuors have come n goneeee....lets c wat happens in coimmin week
in melbourne, pls tell us the contents of this latest rumour.
Is it positive, negative, neutral?
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Elton John
in melbourne, pls tell us the contents of this latest rumour.
Is it positive, negative, neutral?
You can always send a private message to a member of the forum, if they or you don't wish to divulge information out in the open.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.