489 Visa timescales

Old Nov 11th 2018, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 489 Visa timescales

The 75% and 90% processing times are the times that the people whose visas are currently being granted have waited.
Processing timelines vary considerably over time dependent upon a variety of factors.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Dan.S is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, I'll add to the forum knowledge as well.
After receiving my TRA successful assessment and SA state sponsorship in February 2018, here is what happened since:
  • March 6th: application lodged (for me, wife, 6y old daughter)
  • April 10th: officer was allocated, med checks requested.
  • May 1st: med check results submitted.
  • Aug 28: additional details requested, including form 80 to be filled in. Time to send documents: 28 days.
  • Sept 2nd: all documents sent.
  • Sept 21: confirmation received from officer, no other documents are required. The status changed to "This application is currently being assessed. The department may contact the applicant if further supporting documentation is required".
  • Nov 20 (today): 2 months later, I'm getting really impatient although I know they are doing the best they can, having an avalanche of applications to go through.
I remember couple of months back reading about the processing times for the 489 state nominated visas being advertised as 10-15 months, then 8-11 months (90% - 75%). Today I can only find this information related to 489:

489 - Skilled Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) Skilled Regional Unavailable due to low volume of applications.

Hang in there, its hard for them too, not just for us.

Last edited by old.sparkles; Nov 21st 2018 at 8:08 pm. Reason: correction for OP
Old Nov 20th 2018, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Dan.S is an unknown quantity at this point

Can an admin please modify my last bullet to
  • Nov 20 (today): 2 months later ......
Thank you kindly.
Old Nov 21st 2018, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Ssauce85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much for responding, hopefully we both hear soon. It would be a nice Christmas present!
Old Nov 21st 2018, 8:08 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan.S
Can an admin please modify my last bullet to
  • Nov 20 (today): 2 months later ......
Thank you kindly.
Done
Old Jan 31st 2019, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Soeki is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there,

Have you recieved your visas in the meantime?

I lodged my 489 application (including form 80 and medicals) on the 17th of January. On one hand I’m superpositive that my visa will be granted very soon (I’m the only one applying, which I think makes the process less complicated). On the other hand, I’m anxious that the process will indeed take months - as mentioned on the gov-website...

Is it true that people from Europe are more likely to be granted their visa sooner than other countries? I suppose applications are being processed as they come in, right? Or are applications directed to different teams, as in: team Europe, team Africa, ...? There are so many speculations

Wishing everybody lots of succes on their journey!

Old Jan 31st 2019, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Clacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Soeki
Hey there,

Have you recieved your visas in the meantime?

I lodged my 489 application (including form 80 and medicals) on the 17th of January. On one hand I’m superpositive that my visa will be granted very soon (I’m the only one applying, which I think makes the process less complicated). On the other hand, I’m anxious that the process will indeed take months - as mentioned on the gov-website...

Is it true that people from Europe are more likely to be granted their visa sooner than other countries? I suppose applications are being processed as they come in, right? Or are applications directed to different teams, as in: team Europe, team Africa, ...? There are so many speculations

Wishing everybody lots of succes on their journey!

Mine was exactly accurate to what the government website stated... 7 months.