Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Retirement (subclass 410) and pathway processing times

Retirement (subclass 410) and pathway processing times

Old Feb 3rd 2019, 9:31 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Retirement (subclass 410) and pathway processing times

Hello all,

My dad is on a Retirement (subclass 410) visa and we are thinking about the possibility of him transferring to PR with the recent changes to the 2018 pathways under his subclass.

When I applied for PR myself, I recall there being a website/forum dedicated to processing times of visas. Can anyone advise me if this website still exists and the name of it please?

We are interested in finding out the processing times for the Cobtributory Parent (subclass 143) or the (subclass 103). While we appreciate there is a huge difference in application fees, I’m interested to know by how much the processing times differ for someone on a retirement (subclass 410) visa.

Thanks in advance.

Claire
Old Feb 3rd 2019, 12:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retirement (subclass 410) and pathway processing times

Originally Posted by claire edwards
Hello all,

My dad is on a Retirement (subclass 410) visa and we are thinking about the possibility of him transferring to PR with the recent changes to the 2018 pathways under his subclass.

When I applied for PR myself, I recall there being a website/forum dedicated to processing times of visas. Can anyone advise me if this website still exists and the name of it please?

We are interested in finding out the processing times for the Cobtributory Parent (subclass 143) or the (subclass 103). While we appreciate there is a huge difference in application fees, I’m interested to know by how much the processing times differ for someone on a retirement (subclass 410) visa.

Thanks in advance.

Claire
Try this - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...ocessing-times
Old Feb 3rd 2019, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

The 143 investor pathway has only recently opened, and from the information available to-date I suspect is likely to run at a different processing time than the normal 143 Contributory visa.
For this year (2018-19) 125 places have been made available to the investor/retirement stream of the 143 visa.

As with the 143 processing times are likely to depend upon how popular this stream is (and the number of people who have already applied), and the quota of places allocated to the stream in any given year.

With the investor/retirement stream of the 103 visa (the cheaper version) the department have advised that they are not allocating places for this stream at the current time.
Old Feb 3rd 2019, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

We are on the 410 visa and had applied forthe 864 visa, because our balance of family here had changed. we cancelled the 864 and immediately lodged the pathway 143 visa In the first week it started. Will be interesting how many people will apply as no one else that we know on the 410 is interested, most feel they are a bit too old to bother. Will post if or when we hear anything. Our reasoning to change was that it might be quicker? as hardly any 864 visas have been issued? we wont need our son as a sponsor and the long wait for Centrelink to process the bond. I need clarification that we are instantly eligible for Centrelink without the 10 year wait on the regular parent visa? We don’t need it yet but you never know. Also should our daughter decide to head off to who knows where!!! It wouldn’t matter.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Sadly no processing times available for the 864 visa on the above address. You can send a blank email to
[email protected] with just for example 864 visa in the subject line., the reply covers parent visa processing and queue times. 864 visa processing times have only moved 2 months in over 2 years.