475ers - anyone got your visa?

Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Cenzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 475ers - anyone got your visa?

Originally Posted by PamE
Hi Les, we did this independantly, no agent. It's all gone fine thus far thru all parts of the process except this one - we weren't sure if an Aussie police check was needed so decided to wait until asked for it by CO (as advised by DIAC). Back in June when we applied we didn't know the wait would be so long just to get a CO tho, otherwise we would have got the check done anyway & front loaded it along with all our other police checks & meds! Very frustrated now as we're pretty sure we'd have had our visa by December if it wasn't for this and what with the xmas holidays it is taking forever for AFP to process Form 1101. Out checking the mail every day - hope the wait is over soon!
Pam, did you say Aus Police checks..?
I also did my own application, quite meticulous I thought.. I havent come across this check before.
Would you mind itemising what you have been asked for post CO assigned. Really appreciate. Vin
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:28 pm
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Les Mighalls
The AFP currently quote four weeks to provide Aust police checks, but I have found it is usually about 7 to 10 days max. from the date I send them although I do provide them with an express post paid envelope to send them back to me, just as a subtle hint.
Thanks for providing some idea of timeline as I've tried posting on the forum to no avail and I know it's 30 day turnaround according to Form 1101 but on AFP website it says 15 days and our CO (who has been very good at communicating with us) told us 15 days and suggested we contact AFP via webform. Which we did last week but they haven't replied yet...I sooooooo wish we had done this regardless before we were asked to, it was so silly of us!!!

That's interesting about the paid envelope cos clearly stated to us NOT to provide anything like that as would not be used. We are in UK as well so not sure how would do it mind you. Anyways too late now!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

dance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Summer05
Oh Thanks Dance 123,
mee too... I am having goose bumps too....
Oh I pray to god we get it...and there is nothing on the way....

sorry I have been away for a bit...trying to study and sit some exams on my master's degree. I have one tomorrow...this news today gave me hope.

Good luck all of you dear friends.

Start plannin' to meet in Adelaide. Shall we?
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:33 pm

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cenzo
Pam, did you say Aus Police checks..?
I also did my own application, quite meticulous I thought.. I havent come across this check before.
Would you mind itemising what you have been asked for post CO assigned. Really appreciate. Vin
Sure no probs, sorry to have caused you a little concern! My husband spent a total of 13 months travelling in Australia, with no fixed address & not consecutive. In the stress and hell of over 2 years filling forms and meeting requirements we decided this one we'd wait and see if an Aussie police clearance was required rather than frontloading it. That was very silly of us but I think we were going quite insane by the time of application, and then we sort of forgot about it. Feeling very silly now! So, this is a self-inflicted additional waiting time but maddening nevertheless in fact probably more so cos is our own fault
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:47 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Les Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to behold

Pam,

One issue you may have had at this time is the number of people working in the AFP section issuing the checks. I suspect not many.

The other issue is that most of Australia closed down from December 19 through until January 5. I also suspect that the non-operational sections of the AFP were no different.

Les
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Summer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond repute

Sure no probs, sorry to have caused you a little concern! My husband spent a total of 13 months travelling in Australia, with no fixed address & not consecutive. In the stress and hell of over 2 years filling forms and meeting requirements we decided this one we'd wait and see if an Aussie police clearance was required rather than frontloading it. That was very silly of us but I think we were going quite insane by the time of application, and then we sort of forgot about it. Feeling very silly now! So, this is a self-inflicted additional waiting time but maddening nevertheless in fact probably more so cos is our own fault
Sorry PamE, how long ago did your husband live in Australia that he needed AFP check. Mine did too but that was more than 12 years ago. And so did I, not in Australia though... I have been here in UK for more than 10 years now... would we need police checks from other countries???

I am so stressed with all these things that may pop during the process.

Many thanks
Eda

Last edited by Summer05; Jan 12th 2009 at 11:57 pm. Reason: oh my spelling....................
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Les Mighalls
Pam,

One issue you may have had at this time is the number of people working in the AFP section issuing the checks. I suspect not many.

The other issue is that most of Australia closed down from December 19 through until January 5. I also suspect that the non-operational sections of the AFP were no different.

Les
Thanks Les, yep per my previous post the xmas break has not helped - criminal check department was not open from noon on 24th Dec until 8am 2nd Jan.... So must just be patient
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by Summer05
Sorry PamE, how long ago did your husband live in Australia that he needed AFP check. Mine did too but that was more than 12 years ago. And so did I, not in Australia though... I have been here in UK for more than 10 years now... would we need police checks from other countries???

I am so stressed with all these things that may pop during the process.

Many thanks
Eda
Hi Eda, my husband spent this time in Australia within the last 10 years, also he is German and lived there for some years within that timeframe so we needed a check from there too. So much paperwork for this one including all the translations from German to English, all added to the general stress & then ommision of the Aussie police check I don't know if checks need to be done for countries people lived in more than 10 years ago, I don't think so but you should check the DIAC site to confirm. All the best!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:56 am
Cause WHATEVER was taken

EVERWHAT will become famous soon enoughEVERWHAT will become famous soon enough

I had e-mailed my Agent and she says that this new ruleing is only good news for us 475ers. She says that we are now top priority and should all be processed as such!!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Ditto - and we beat them to the message!!

Finally getting the hang of this migration agent thing - push, push, push!!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 3:28 am
Cause WHATEVER was taken

Originally Posted by Twinset
Ditto - and we beat them to the message!!

Finally getting the hang of this migration agent thing - push, push, push!!
Exactly!!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Summer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Eda, my husband spent this time in Australia within the last 10 years, also he is German and lived there for some years within that timeframe so we needed a check from there too. So much paperwork for this one including all the translations from German to English, all added to the general stress & then ommision of the Aussie police check I don't know if checks need to be done for countries people lived in more than 10 years ago, I don't think so but you should check the DIAC site to confirm. All the best!
Many thanks for your kind reply PamE. That makes sense.I asked my husband and he said he lived there when he was very young on a whv more than 14 yrs ago...so according to DIAC he should be fine. The same with me...I am eastern european, but have been living in England for more than 10 years...almost 11 in march so I should be fine too I would hope.

Good luck and hope you hear something very soon to end the waiting.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:07 pm
Cause WHATEVER was taken

Seems like there are a lot of people going to Adelaide ... espically on 475 visas!!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:47 pm
Chief Innovation Officer

stormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nice

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Havent actually seen a 475 visa gifted so far in 2009 - have any slipped through the net?!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by stormywhether
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Havent actually seen a 475 visa gifted so far in 2009 - have any slipped through the net?!
Not according to BE Update - http://beupdate.co.uk/visagrants.php
Hopefully soon for all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.