475ers - anyone got your visa?

Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future
Default Re: 475ers - anyone got your visa?

Originally Posted by Maz14
Thanks everyone, that suggested putting an enquiry/complaint in. They replied yesterday saying they're processing 25th November 2007 but they will 'contact the processing area manager to see if it is possible to allocate the application without too much further delay.'
Today, i've received an e-mail requesting medicals! Luckily, i had these done last Friday so just waiting for them to be received in Oz. So I finally have a case officer now and my status has changed to 'being processed further'. I'm so excited, hopefully not too long now!!
Nice one Maz, hope things don't take too much longer for you now
Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Rideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the rough

Thanks everyone, that suggested putting an enquiry/complaint in. They replied yesterday saying they're processing 25th November 2007 but they will 'contact the processing area manager to see if it is possible to allocate the application without too much further delay.'
Today, i've received an e-mail requesting medicals! Luckily, i had these done last Friday so just waiting for them to be received in Oz. So I finally have a case officer now and my status has changed to 'being processed further'. I'm so excited, hopefully not too long now!!
Well done Maz - there is hope for all of us......
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elton John
Hello everyone,

I have two questions on 475 visa.

Does the 12 month work full time work requirement have to be for consecutive 12 months or can it be non continous, as long as it adds up to 52 weeks before th expiry of 475 visa?

NO you can have as many FULL TIME jobs during the 3 years allowed which add up to a year's employment. I think they only count whole weeks though.

After grant of visa, If remain overseas for 1 year and complete the residence and work requirement in regional area during the last 2 years of my 475 visa, will it be ok?

thanks
Yes, so long as you live in the area for the 2 required years that is fine. They understand that you can not always start living there on the first day of the 3 years. However, you are not allowed to live in another part of Aus in this year - although holidays are fine.

:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed you hear soon!!!!

Originally Posted by jane BK
Well done - just had my response to complaint and basically it was a waste of time. Strictly in date order etc etc. Well now feel like writing to the minister. Completely fed up.
That's terrible Jane. Try complaining again. I know the 887's complained to the Minister in the end. They weren't waiting as long as you have either.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

natsind is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all

i am 5th november online ref & ac mechanic from HR waiting for SRS visa.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Yes, so long as you live in the area for the 2 required years that is fine. They understand that you can not always start living there on the first day of the 3 years. However, you are not allowed to live in another part of Aus in this year - although holidays are fine.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed you hear soon!!!!

That's terrible Jane. Try complaining again. I know the 887's complained to the Minister in the end. They weren't waiting as long as you have either.
Thanks, now feel we are even more in limbo land. Seen on another thread an identical response so we were not even given the courtesy of a personal reply and no answers to my questions at all. I'm good at letters so do feel a letter to the minister coming on - not blackmail but just a desperate plea for accurate info. It is now 3 days til the 27 Sept - which means their electronic update table shows no movement in one year! Since we applied the timetable has moved a whole 11 days - virtually one day per month. The gap between application and processing is 81 days - does that mean I have to wait another 81 months to hear?????? Just wish they would update their charter to show more accurate info to help us out!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

I got this in a email yesterday.

Does anybody think that this will have any affect on the current long processing times?

http://www.emigrate2.co.uk/Emigrate_Now_14.htm

'DIAC announce new strategic plan

A recently released document has outlined how the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) intends to manage its policies, programmes and service delivery over the next three years.

The DIAC Strategic Plan 2008-11 includes budget allowances and plans for all levels of immigration, and will require an annual review so that it continues to reflect the needs of Australian immigration and community and government priorities.

Among the key actions listed for the 2008/09 migration year are plans to 'develop and implement permanent and temporary migration initiatives which meet Australia's economic, social and demographic needs' and to 'develop and implement reforms for temporary skilled migration to improve responsiveness and integrity'.
More long-term goals stated within the department's strategic blueprint are to 'better align pathways to employment to focus on nation building' and 'identify and remove the barriers in our processes, and review visa and legislative framework to enhance our services to eligible migrants, refuges and asylum seekers.'

Over the coming years, DIAC will play a leading role in shaping and delivering world-class migration and humanitarian services," writes Andrew Metcalfe, the DIAC secretary, in the report's foreword. "Our purpose is to enrich Australia through the well-managed entry and settlement of people. Maintaining high levels of integrity and public confidence in our programmes will be central to our success."

View the plan in full at: http://www.immi.gov.au/about/departm...an-2008-11.pdf

Johnnyyt
Old Sep 25th 2008, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

sylviaeffendi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stormywhether
Since they only introduced this visa option on September 1 last year, I wondered how long it would be until the first applicants are successful - or whether it's already happened?

Any 475ers on here got lucky or are already in Oz?
Hello Everyone!

Newbie in the forum, e-lodged 475 visa on June 18th 08. High Risk Country.

All the best to all of you,
Sylvia.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

yung103 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

This is Joe, I am also waiting for the 457 visa and have been really disappointed by the delay and endless waiting. I have a few questions about the 457 and hope there is someone here can give me some answers/hints.

Some background first.

Early Jun - I had accepted an offer from Sydney
Mid Jun - The company started prepare the 457 visa
Late Jul - The company finally completed the paper work for round 1 (sponsorship application) and submitted to the immigration department
  1. Sponsorship Application
  2. Nomination Application
  3. Visa Application
Late Aug - The company updated me that the progress has been delayed by the World Youth Day
Mid Sep - The company updated me that a case number should be assigned soon
Late Sep - No more update yet

My questions are
1. How long (if anyone knows) does it take to go through the Sponsorship and Nomination Applications?
2. How long will the Visa Application take?
3. I know we need to submit a x-ray check, does the immigration department requests us to go to a particular hospital or any hospitals' x-ray test will be accepted?
-- I had done a full body check (including the x-ray check) early Sep, just wondering if I can re-use it.

I am really feeling frustrated now, cos I was told I should be able to land Sydney by Aug, but now Oct is coming soon. And every time I asked the progress, "it will be soon" will be the answer from the company, and I just learn yesterday that the progress is still stuck at the every beginning. The endless waiting is driving me crazy!

I know some of you know the feeling...

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Joe
Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

yung103 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just realized that this thread is for 475 visa, not 457 visa that I have been waiting for...

I will start a new thread to ask my questions.

Joe
Old Sep 30th 2008, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Rideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the rough

Seems as though things are speeding up for e-lodged cases but remaining the same for paper based.........

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VF
Subclasses: 475, and 476
E-lodged: 30 November 2007 (last week 25 November)
Paper lodged: 27 September 2007
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

dance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by n_n_d
Seems as though things are speeding up for e-lodged cases but remaining the same for paper based.........

E-lodged: 30 November 2007 (last week 25 November)
Just 5 day movement in last one month, what the hell :angry: is wrong with DIAC !!!! They should've gone to another month i.e. December but I think they are working like tortoise !!!!
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

jo_marnes will become famous soon enoughjo_marnes will become famous soon enough

I'm not sure whether to hang on to a glimmer of hope or hit my head against a wall......
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Originally Posted by jo_marnes
I'm not sure whether to hang on to a glimmer of hope or hit my head against a wall......
Wait till you've been waiting 11 months and still heard nothing!!!
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:30 pm
Cause WHATEVER was taken

EVERWHAT will become famous soon enoughEVERWHAT will become famous soon enough

Looks like there is movement ...

29/9
E-lodged: 25 November 2007

30/9
E-lodged: 30 November 2007

It only took them about 2 months to do a weeks applications ...
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by EVERWHAT
Looks like there is movement ...

29/9
E-lodged: 25 November 2007

30/9
E-lodged: 30 November 2007

It only took them about 2 months to do a weeks applications ...
Alas still no movement on paper based. It was the weekend and I forgot to send the aspc a happy birthday email for the year for paper based 475 processing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.