475ers - anyone got your visa?

Old Sep 6th 2008, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice
Default Re: 475ers - anyone got your visa?

Dear all,

Just read the whole of this string - better than any suspense novel!! Flyaway, wish you well and sure your Visa will happen soon.

Have taken a lot away from this, and some very precise emails flying their way to my agent as we speak.

Twinset
Old Sep 6th 2008, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

dance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by KateCopeland69
WE HAVE GOT OUR VISAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our application went in on the 4th Dec. Chased last week and we didn't even have a case officer.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOD
Superb news Maty.............. All the best for you new life in OZ
Old Sep 6th 2008, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Maz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by amit1aly
Hi,

I am also a fellow 475er , applied online on 11 may'08 with the sponsorship from my family in Australia. I need a word of advice regarding my medicals & pcc. It's nearly 4 months since I applied, shall I go ahead and do my medicals & pcc now or wait for some more time till ASPC tells me to do so.
A lot of people do their PCC's and Meds straight away but i'd probably advise against it too. I've only just done mine and applied last November. If you do them too early and there is a delay in processing (very probable!), they will expire and you'll have to do them again anyway! I'd wait about 6 months from application date then do them just to be safe.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Maz14,

Interested in your timeline - hearing a lot about delays etc - have you got a case officer? Our agent suggest waiting for request for checks, cos then we know we have a case oficer appointed..

Twinset
Old Sep 6th 2008, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twinset
Dear all,

Just read the whole of this string - better than any suspense novel!! Flyaway, wish you well and sure your Visa will happen soon.

Have taken a lot away from this, and some very precise emails flying their way to my agent as we speak.

Twinset
Welcome to the thread Twinset!

I hope I do get my visa soon.

To be honest, I am getting angry now. The 475 has restrictive conditions which have to be obeyed and this is what makes me angry, by slowing our processing down, they are making it even more difficult to meet the conditions. The UK housing market is so bad that people need as long as they can to sort things out. 175ers have 4 years after validation to play with, we only have one. I know they have slightly improved the conditions but it is still grossly unfair. We need as much time between grant and validation as possible and they have taken this away from us. God knows how the paperbased applicants feel. You have my total sympathy.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

amit1aly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fly Away
We did our meds/pccs 2 months after applying as visas were being processed quickly at the time. Almost immediately, grants stopped until July this year. I wish we had waited longer as now we will have to validate/emmigrate in Feb 09 and we don't have the visa yet - which gives us very little time to organise anything. I would wait a while and see how fst these visas are coming through.... you might be waiting until after Christmas for a CO...

Originally Posted by Maz14
A lot of people do their PCC's and Meds straight away but i'd probably advise against it too. I've only just done mine and applied last November. If you do them too early and there is a delay in processing (very probable!), they will expire and you'll have to do them again anyway! I'd wait about 6 months from application date then do them just to be safe.
Thank you both very much for your replies, even I was thinking in the same terms of waiting a bit more before going for the medicals & pcc, but there was this temptation of getting everything ready before I get a CO. Now, with your advice I can take courage to wait for some more.

Anyways, please if you can share your view on another question. The definition of Specified Regional Area for 475 visa differ whether you are getting sponsored by a eligible relative or sponsored by a state/territory. Please clarify this a little more. As per the DIAC website, for the relative sponsorship my relative should be living in a designated area, does this mean that I can only live & work in the same area my sponsor is living?

Thanks

Amit

Last edited by amit1aly; Sep 6th 2008 at 4:09 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amit,

You would want to be pretty sure on this one: main reference I can find for you is DIAC website:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ns-sponsor.htm

Think it is fairly black and white on this one: definitely worth getting expert advice

Last edited by Twinset; Sep 6th 2008 at 10:29 pm. Reason: Can't type and spell at same time
Old Sep 6th 2008, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

God knows how the paperbased applicants feel. You have my total sympathy.
Hi FA,
thanks for the sympathy but small comfort to myself. I feel really stuffed as not only am I a 475 er but I am also paperbased (used an agent too like many others). Applied March 08 so still waiting for a CO........

Hope you, and everyone elso waiting in limbo land, get some progress soon.

Johnnyyt
Old Sep 7th 2008, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Maz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Twinset
Maz14,

Interested in your timeline - hearing a lot about delays etc - have you got a case officer? Our agent suggest waiting for request for checks, cos then we know we have a case oficer appointed..

Twinset
Hiya
I applied online on 26th November. haven't done this through an agent and not sure if this has delayed things? I was tempted to leave my PCC's and meds until requested but i've just done them. Main reason being, i don't want be asked to do them and then feel like i'm delaying the process. See what you mean though, would be nice to know if a case officer has been assigned. Has your agent given you any ideas of processing times?
Old Sep 7th 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hiya,

Originally told anytime from October 08 to March 09: have emailed for a bit more info around their experiences etc - will update once reply received.

Twinset
Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Any chance of a visa before the end of the world Wednesday DIAC?
Knowing our luck the agent will phone to say it's been granted and then for all of us to disappear into a black hole at that moment.
Still, I suppose it wouldn't matter then, apart from the fact I would miss having a rant on BE.
Feeling very pessimistic, as you might have gathered.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dear all,

This is the professional's view (all names removed to protect the innocent or guilty as the case may be). Response from my agent - which seems to sum up the experience of subscribers to this thread!!

The timeframes provided to you are based on official information published by the Department. As a result, we are not able to provide any other concrete advice on the progress of allocating case officers to immigration applications. In response to the DIAC statement that they are processing visas up to 25th Nov 2007:

"I can, however, say that it is becoming increasingly obvious that the Department is processing some applications lodged after this date. This processing is not methodical, therefore, it is impossible to offer any further advice on progress within the Department.

The Department has issued specific advice that we are not to contact them unless the application in question was lodged two weeks prior to the published allocation date. As a result, it is not practical for us to contact them until sources indicate that they are allocating case officers to applications lodged on the date in question. In your case, this is 24/04/2008.

It is impossible for us to provide an estimation on how quickly the Department will progress in terms of allocating applications to case officers. Taking in to account previous applications, we tend to have a case officer allocated within seven to eight months of lodgement.

The Department specifies on their website that all applications, with the expeption of extreme circumstances, will be finalised within twelve months of lodgement"

Twinset
Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

8 months today for us.

Considering ringing immigration SA and asking their take on things. This slow processing of regional visas is contrary to Australian Migration policy.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Agreed,

Just making sure we are not getting too far into the future right now. Plenty of living to be done in the now.

On the upside, more time to get things sorted out this side. I hope you get a resolution soon and will cheer the day you get the good news.

Definitely not getting checks etc done until the CO prompt.

Twinset
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:38 pm
Mrs Angry!

debbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud of

8 months today for us.

Considering ringing immigration SA and asking their take on things. This slow processing of regional visas is contrary to Australian Migration policy.

Still waiting?

Not sure which is more painful...waiting for visa or EA to ring to say we have a viewing?

Dropped the price...AGAIN

Good luck

Debs
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.