475ers - anyone got your visa?

Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future
Default Re: 475ers - anyone got your visa?

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
I know depressing isn't it.
Still I don't base too much depth in it anyway, just interesting to see what they claim there up to.
When did you take your meds then?
I did my meds in december, but have to give 3 months notice at work. So if I get my visa in September I may miss the 12 month deadline

I've tried to keep holidays etc and suppose I don't have to stick around for the 3 months. But I don't want to burn my bridges here as you never know when you may need people.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 12:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wats123
I did my meds in december, but have to give 3 months notice at work. So if I get my visa in September I may miss the 12 month deadline

I've tried to keep holidays etc and suppose I don't have to stick around for the 3 months. But I don't want to burn my bridges here as you never know when you may need people.
What a predicament. If I were you, I would phone the DIAC and explain exactly what you have here. You are ONE DAY after the procesing day. Plead with them to look at your case this week so that you can get out there in Dec.

Fingers crossed for you.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fly Away
What a predicament. If I were you, I would phone the DIAC and explain exactly what you have here. You are ONE DAY after the procesing day. Plead with them to look at your case this week so that you can get out there in Dec.

Fingers crossed for you.
Thanks

I applied via an agent though, so would DIAC be able to tell me anything or should I contact my agent? I did email them a week ago, but they basically said to wait for the time being.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wats123
Thanks

I applied via an agent though, so would DIAC be able to tell me anything or should I contact my agent? I did email them a week ago, but they basically said to wait for the time being.
You aren't supposed to phone them if you have an agent but you could claim ignorance. They may not tell you anything at all but if you get someone sympathetic they can tak notes on your file and hopefully push it up the queue. Maybe ring and ask to speak to your CO - see what they say!!! If they say you don't have one, ask why not as you have been waiting more than the max 7 months they state. Then plead your case and say you are desperate as you have to give notice this week - otherwise you will have to validate and you can't afford to do that. Ask if they reccommend you doing the meds again if there is no chance of a CO soon.

Good luck, can't believe they are keeping you waiting this long!
Old Aug 19th 2008, 7:28 pm
Mrs Angry!

debbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud of

Hi all

I am too fed up with all the waiting. I have just emailed them again...they will be fed up with me! I have tried ringing them late at night but just cannot get through.

Desperate for any information...

Debs
Old Aug 19th 2008, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by debbie222
Hi all

I am too fed up with all the waiting. I have just emailed them again...they will be fed up with me! I have tried ringing them late at night but just cannot get through.

Debs
:curse: Its a nightmare isn't it? What email and phone number are you trying? as I'm gonna try and contact them.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Rassies is a jewel in the roughRassies is a jewel in the roughRassies is a jewel in the roughRassies is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by debbie222
Hi all

Debs
I took the chance and sent an e-mail enquiring about or application (09/12/07) and they came back and told me they could not help me as I had an agent. Our agent then sent an e-mail on 27 July enquiring about our application. 24 days later and still no answer from DIAC. Our agent also updated a form showing a change in address for our family sponsoring us. We had hoped that between the e-mail and form uploaded it would give somebody a nudge. NO SUCH LUCK.
If it is taking this long for an answer to an e-mail, heaven help us how long till a visa.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

All seems to have gone quiet on here.
Any news anyone?
Old Aug 21st 2008, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

All seems to have gone quiet on here.
Any news anyone?
Nope nothing doing. Am collating all types of extra stuff in case it is wanted so may start to send an email a week with the info to see if it kicks anything off. Worth a try, at least I'll feel I'm doing something!
Old Aug 21st 2008, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Originally Posted by jane BK
Nope nothing doing. Am collating all types of extra stuff in case it is wanted so may start to send an email a week with the info to see if it kicks anything off. Worth a try, at least I'll feel I'm doing something!
Good luck!
We've decided to bite the bullet and put the house on the market this weekend to maximize our odds what with coming into autumn and winter.
Big risk without knowing anything but it can't be much longer, can it??
Old Aug 21st 2008, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Good luck!
We've decided to bite the bullet and put the house on the market this weekend to maximize our odds what with coming into autumn and winter.
Big risk without knowing anything but it can't be much longer, can it??
I know how you feel. Am cleaning and tidying up with the same sort of intention. (This is, in fact, procrastination from dusting) If weather is good will sort out garden as well. Need to get storage boxes though to hide all the c..p that I will find! Market is the pants - this always happens to us so I think the longer on the market the merrier. If we get a buyer will say that there is no option of moving before December as by then will have been waiting a year so should know by then (?!) Same sense of limbo with work. OH being pressured to move to a shift pattern (officer in fire service) which means a major impact on family, can't say no in case we don't get visa as this will ruin future career but really want to tell them where to put their proposal!
Old Aug 21st 2008, 11:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No news here.

In an astounding turn of speed the Passport office got our 2 passport renewals back to us (from date of posting!!) in 7 days!!! So we've sent emails telling the DIAC.

Does anyone know if we should submit a change of circumstances form?? That would be another chance to prompt them.

We are waiting to exchange contracts on our house - hopefully next week, so we will be moving and that means a change of circumstances form too!!

Then my OH has signed a new contract so a copy of that can be sent....
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 12:26 am
Just Joined

Rassies is a jewel in the roughRassies is a jewel in the roughRassies is a jewel in the roughRassies is a jewel in the rough

No news here.

In an astounding turn of speed the Passport office got our 2 passport renewals back to us (from date of posting!!) in 7 days!!! So we've sent emails telling the DIAC.

Does anyone know if we should submit a change of circumstances form?? That would be another chance to prompt them.

We are waiting to exchange contracts on our house - hopefully next week, so we will be moving and that means a change of circumstances form too!!

Then my OH has signed a new contract so a copy of that can be sent....
We sent a change of circumstance form due to sponsor change of address, agent e-mailed enquired about our application and no response at all.
Agent contacted us today to say that it has been a month since e-mail was sent an had no answer at all.
We have decided to go out on an ETA and our agent is sending a pre-grant request form to them.
We fly on Wednesday 3 September and taking the three months to chill out and wait for visa. By then end of the 3 months it will be just off a year since our application went in.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 1:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rassies
We sent a change of circumstance form due to sponsor change of address, agent e-mailed enquired about our application and no response at all.
Agent contacted us today to say that it has been a month since e-mail was sent an had no answer at all.
We have decided to go out on an ETA and our agent is sending a pre-grant request form to them.
We fly on Wednesday 3 September and taking the three months to chill out and wait for visa. By then end of the 3 months it will be just off a year since our application went in.
I'm very jealous. We applied 7 months and 12 days ago... wish we could chill out for 3 months too. Once the house has completed, I might work on my OH to do just that, but he thinks it is better to earn as much as we can while we can and take the extra money with us.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very jealous. We applied 7 months and 12 days ago... wish we could chill out for 3 months too. Once the house has completed, I might work on my OH to do just that, but he thinks it is better to earn as much as we can while we can and take the extra money with us.
Your husband is very wise. Just think of how that money will make life that little bit easier for you once you arrive in Oz. Hard luck on the visa front though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.