work visa

Old Mar 2nd 2013, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work visa

Oh well, i thought it was someone on here who told me that
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

northeastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
ok not to name them in fact probably best not to on here. Have you tried asking them outright if they have accreditation?. The list on NZIS says it is a list of those that agree for their accreditation to be made public so it follows that there are others that do not want it making public.
P
Thanks again for all this! It's actually put my mind at rest. I didn't think (for whatever reason) that an accredited employer wouldn't make their accreditation public! Bit slow on my part..!

I've not posted my EOI points before as I'm not sure 1) I'm doing them right and 2) where they apply (is it just for skilled employment or for all work visas?). I've done some preliminary sums using this thread but again, is that only for the SMC?

Actually, just today, a mate of mine who lives out in NZ said she is on an IEP visa through Bunac. Anybody heard of them? I think it's a temp work visa will chance to go WTR at the end of it? I haven't a clue!

So many visas and options, I'm all over the place!
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute

What is it you work as?
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 5:47 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

The EOI points are for applications under the SMC only. They have no relevance to WTR or work visas. You need over 100 to submit an EOI but this will not guarantee selection and generally a lower total is much less likely to be selected from the pool, it all depends on what is being selected that fortnight. The selections are always of a similar number at each draw and there is a sliding scale of what is picked out.

You may or may not need a job offer to apply for this, all depends on your points total and the likelihood of being selected. For instance depending on the draw, someone with lower points can sometimes be selected before those of higher points [though this is probably not relevant and is just extra info!]
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

northeastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond repute

Well my own EOI points were coming out at between 110 an 140 depending on how NZQA would (if at all) recognise my qualifications (I have two in future growth areas and one is sort of semi-diploma level). Plus my partner also has potential job offer on horizon and has bachelor degree, so they'd too up my points possibly further. But if it's only relevant to SMC then I can wipe that off my brow for now; I thought it applied to all visas.

@ScottishStacey: My background is retail but more like trade retail similar to Wickes (UK) or Carters (NZ). I picked up a lot of trade knowledge through it but not qualified or anything.

Thanks again all! I've got a much clearer idea now and know which route I at least will be looking at going down in the future! (Hopefully, the not too distant future!)
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Best of luck )
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 11:34 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

what points do you get if your partner is the main applicant?
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

If my partner is the main applicant we come out with between 130 and 150 points...

But, good news! My contact has gotten back in touch and said that the company the job is with is accredited and will sponsor those offered employment in management positions (which also happen to make over that $55k mark)!

Hope I (or my partner) gets it!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northeastlad
If my partner is the main applicant we come out with between 130 and 150 points...

But, good news! My contact has gotten back in touch and said that the company the job is with is accredited and will sponsor those offered employment in management positions (which also happen to make over that $55k mark)!

good luck with it all
Old Mar 4th 2013, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moonie2011
good luck with it all
Thanks, Moonie! You too!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 3:20 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news. Best of luck
Old Mar 4th 2013, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great stuff! Have my fingers crossed for you
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot guys!

@ScottishStacey: I think my hijack of your thread is now complete..!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

dont be daft lol we shared it!
Old Mar 5th 2013, 12:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Good news indeedy.