Thinking of giving up

Old May 22nd 2009, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Thinking of giving up

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373
Thanks for the feedback guys, It's just after reading around on net last night (on night shift) I think I read to many horror stories. Everyday in my Job all I hear is 'When you going?' 'what's happening with your move?' even stuff like 'When do you fly out?'. I'm just pretty pissed off with having to reply with the same old same old. I just can't believe that you can spend near on 2K only for them to still say 'Computer says NO!'

I have been given clearance by occupational health, so they are happy. My GP isn't exactly the fastest person in the world get a letter or even straight answer out of. For the skilled migrant PR, I really think the whole process stinks. I have a letter from my employer stating they cannot recruit nurses both nationally, internationally for the last 2 years with the experience they require. So what' the problem? Sounds like the whole immigration process is the problem.

Basically the posts I have left today are just a rant, and are not intended to offend anyone. It's just I feel I offer more to another country with my skills than I do here in the UK. But at what cost to me? It's time, money and stress, and for all I know I may well be wrong in this whole exercise.

Rant over for now.

Mr Moo
hi, i understand you having a rant, but i think you are abit harsh on the process, i mean at the end of the day if NZ let every 'tom, dick and harry' in it would be as bad as the UK and thats why most of us wanna leave!!!! At least you can be sure that only quality folk get residence ha!! you will get residence as long as you dont have a life threatening illness or something that will drain NZ financially!
Old May 23rd 2009, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of

Hello,

There's nothing I can say that others haven't allready said. For my twopenneth worth, we had a rollercoaster ride, between medical and qualifications. I cant tell you how many times we thought of giving up and wishing we'd never started the whole process.
I just kept telling myself, I know I'll allways regret it if we don't continue....you've come so far down the line now.
Hang in there, as someone else has said, I'm sure if it's not a life threatening condition that is likely to cost NZ you should be OK.
Keeping fingers, toes and everything crossed for you
Old May 23rd 2009, 8:59 am
Just Joined

vjnetkan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I am planing to submit my ITA. My ALT is 62 will it be a problem?

looking fwd to your reply?

Thanks,
VJ
Old May 23rd 2009, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vjnetkan
Hi All,

I am planing to submit my ITA. My ALT is 62 will it be a problem?

looking fwd to your reply?

Thanks,
VJ
Basically yes.

ALT bloods submitted with ITA were 57 Normal range is 10 - 50
Repeated ALT is now 61

Still waiting for answers both from my CO and GP.
Old May 24th 2009, 7:28 am
Just Joined

vjnetkan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Thanks for your reply.

Was it only your ALT was above the range? Was the others like Albumin, Bilirubin etc were normal.

Except for ALT others were within the range for me.

Thanks,
VJ
Old May 24th 2009, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice

Hi Mr Moo,
Sorry cant help with any usefull advice, but would like to send my support and best wishes, your wife has offered me kindness and support with her words of advice in the past. You have come so far already it would be a real shame to let it all go now.
All the best, stick with it...........
Emma
Old May 28th 2009, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi there Mr Moo & Mrs Moo

I can fully understand the utter frustration you must be feeling. There are soooo many different barriers that whack you in the face like a wet fish , when you least expect. Just keep focused on why you want to move. You are in a great position - both nurses , no house to sell, chosen paradise to settle in - WOW - Its a testing process that's for sure but dont give up now - you will soooo regret it. Keep smiling
Old May 28th 2009, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

sussexmissy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mr & Mrs Moo,

looking through the replies you have received there are alot of people in the same position.
My husband and I have been researching, saving and planning to move to NZ for approx 2 years and we began the paperwork last year. It seems that there have been hitches along the way with paperwork, getting paperwork sent to the correct places (and things not getting lost on the way). Our leaving date we planned for has been moved due to jobs (we are both nurses), visas- which I have to say have caused us problems .....one person tells you one thing someone else different. We even went to Nz house in London to take all the paperwork ourselves and are still waiting visas aaagh. I have to say this has been one of the most stressful time of my life and probably the same for my hubbie (though he may not admit it).
We now both have jobs mine due to start in july and still have not got visas and now have hitches with the sale of the house! it seems resentless and i know how you feel with constant bickering, but for us we have come so far, planned so long , saved and spent so much money that we will not give up, because it WILL be worth it in the end!!
You will get there and like all the others that have replied we will at some point be able to see that it was the best decision we have made!

keep smiling xx
Old May 29th 2009, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Thinking of giving up

Originally Posted by sussexmissy
Hi Mr & Mrs Moo,

looking through the replies you have received there are alot of people in the same position.
My husband and I have been researching, saving and planning to move to NZ for approx 2 years and we began the paperwork last year. It seems that there have been hitches along the way with paperwork, getting paperwork sent to the correct places (and things not getting lost on the way). Our leaving date we planned for has been moved due to jobs (we are both nurses), visas- which I have to say have caused us problems .....one person tells you one thing someone else different. We even went to Nz house in London to take all the paperwork ourselves and are still waiting visas aaagh. I have to say this has been one of the most stressful time of my life and probably the same for my hubbie (though he may not admit it).
We now both have jobs mine due to start in july and still have not got visas and now have hitches with the sale of the house! it seems resentless and i know how you feel with constant bickering, but for us we have come so far, planned so long , saved and spent so much money that we will not give up, because it WILL be worth it in the end!!
You will get there and like all the others that have replied we will at some point be able to see that it was the best decision we have made!

keep smiling xx
Here Here!!!! you'll get here in the end and after all the heartache it will be WELL WORTH IT!!!
Old May 29th 2009, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Got medicals coming up, kind of worried now. Hoping the stress of worrying about it does not give me health issues!
Old May 29th 2009, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mrs Moo here

Just a quick update to let you know my medical was approved yesterday, so just hubbys to go, we posted of letter from Gpto c/o today reguarding the medications he is on, he just has to have a further blood test done in 2 weeks time so

Thank you all for you kind wishes i know we will get there in the end it`s just that my hubby is finding the whole process very stressful indeed
Old May 29th 2009, 8:17 pm
Newbie to NZ

Lizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of light

So pleased for you and good luck to Mr Moo too!
Old May 30th 2009, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373
Hi Mrs Moo here

Just a quick update to let you know my medical was approved yesterday, so just hubbys to go, we posted of letter from Gpto c/o today reguarding the medications he is on, he just has to have a further blood test done in 2 weeks time so

Thank you all for you kind wishes i know we will get there in the end it`s just that my hubby is finding the whole process very stressful indeed
Good News Mrs Moo! Good luck with the results Mr Moo.
Old May 31st 2009, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you very much robdon