Police certs & house move

Old May 30th 2009, 8:34 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Police certs & house move

Hi all, this is probably a silly question but one thats bugging me so hope someone can advise!

We are moving, hopefully in the next 6wks or so (not to NZ yet! though)..... so do we apply for our police certs before we move or after??
Will it matter if address for cert is different from that on application to NZIS ? Would like to get it out of the way and apply for PC asap .... one more thing to tick off of list? but dont want to confuse the issue if its best not to.

Thanks
B x

Last edited by MnB; May 30th 2009 at 8:37 pm. Reason: clarrification
Old May 31st 2009, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police certs & house move

Originally Posted by MnB
Hi all, this is probably a silly question but one thats bugging me so hope someone can advise!

We are moving, hopefully in the next 6wks or so (not to NZ yet! though)..... so do we apply for our police certs before we move or after??
Will it matter if address for cert is different from that on application to NZIS ? Would like to get it out of the way and apply for PC asap .... one more thing to tick off of list? but dont want to confuse the issue if its best not to.

Thanks
B x
I believe the Police certificate must be less than 12 months old when you submit it on your NZIS application, so it depends when you think you may be applying. Perhaps safer to apply after the move.

If its for a NZ nursing registration it can be no older than 6 months!
Old May 31st 2009, 9:18 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
The police cert must be less than 6months old when you send in your application. How near are you to applying as mine only took a few days to be returned to me. If you've already started applying then presumably NZIS will already have your current address and so there shouldn't be an issue if you then move-it would be easy enough to prove that you'd just moved addresses as they'd have both anyway??
If you're only planning on applying when you move then maybe wait as I wrote above it doesn't take long to get one done.
Sue
Old May 31st 2009, 9:52 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Numptyhead
I believe the Police certificate must be less than 12 months old when you submit it on your NZIS application, so it depends when you think you may be applying. Perhaps safer to apply after the move.

If its for a NZ nursing registration it can be no older than 6 months!
Thanks Numptyhead & Sue
I havn't started application yet because of pending change of address so as police certs seem to come through quickly I will take your advice and wait untill after move, was just concerned that utility bills would not be available to support application but guess we will have bills showing change!

Numptyhead, I have made the decision not to register nursing qualifications in NZ ..... not planning on working as a nurse but possibly will end up working in social care (learning disabilities) or maybe a good time for a complete change!?
Thanks again
B x