Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Old Jul 19th 2012, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

tommyhoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Hi mgn_v

Did you submit the docs on 17th May or 9th July? Anyways that was a very long discussion that the visa officer had with you. But I cant understand why did she stress too much on you current job and current offer letter/ salary slips/ income tax returns etc? Is your occupation related to Information technology / any job which is present in long term shortage list of New zealand?

Originally Posted by mgn_v
I have submitted my application on 17th May and they received the documents on 25th May. On 8th June, status changed to Evaluation step and Yesterday(19th May) it moved to Quality checking. Today, it reached "Sign-off".
Mine is standard, not fast track.
Which country you are from and how many degrees / diplomas you sent for the assessment?
Old Jul 19th 2012, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

mgn_v is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Originally Posted by tommyhoney
Hi mgn_v

Did you submit the docs on 17th May or 9th July? Anyways that was a very long discussion that the visa officer had with you. But I cant understand why did she stress too much on you current job and current offer letter/ salary slips/ income tax returns etc? Is your occupation related to Information technology / any job which is present in long term shortage list of New zealand?
Hi Tommyhoney,

On 17th May, I have submitted the online application for NZQA. On 9th July, I have submitted my SFV documents to TT Services. Casually, she asked about my employment and educational history.
At the end, she asked me to submit these (offer and revised letter along with payslips and income tax returns) documents and the same I have received in the mail as well.Yes, my occupation related to Information technology which are in long term shortage list.

Hope, I answer your questions.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Checo is an unknown quantity at this point

This is so quick!!! My Silver Fern Visa has been approved. It just took two days to process at Dubai Branch. Here are my details,

SFV Online Application Approved: 4th May 2012
Documents Received at Dubai Branch: 16th July 2012
CO Assigned: 17th July 2012
SFV Approved: 18th July 2012

Good luck to all those who are still waiting for the decision.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 1:58 am
Mrs

karwalbubble is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Checo
This is so quick!!! My Silver Fern Visa has been approved. It just took two days to process at Dubai Branch. Here are my details,

SFV Online Application Approved: 4th May 2012
Documents Received at Dubai Branch: 16th July 2012
CO Assigned: 17th July 2012
SFV Approved: 18th July 2012

Good luck to all those who are still waiting for the decision.
congrats..welcome to NZ..

I just want to know..have they done any enquiry in your current job company??Whats your qualification and experience?They have asked my cousin to do IELTS and one of my frnd needs to submit docs yet.

Thanks,
Baljit
Old Jul 20th 2012, 4:22 am
Just Joined

Checo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karwalbubble
congrats..welcome to NZ..

I just want to know..have they done any enquiry in your current job company??Whats your qualification and experience?They have asked my cousin to do IELTS and one of my frnd needs to submit docs yet.

Thanks,
Baljit
Thanks...They did not perform any inquiry about my current job. However, I submitted an experience letter form my current organization. I have done BS in Computer Science from Pakistan and MS from Sweden. Also I did not submit any NZAQA because my MS is exempted from assessment. Moreover, I did not submit IELTS but I do submit proficiency letter (English Certificate) from my Swedish, Pakistani Universities as well as from my employer as I am working in a USA based multinational firm.

Good luck to you cousin and friend.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 4:28 am
Mrs

Originally Posted by Checo
Thanks...They did not perform any inquiry about my current job. However, I submitted an experience letter form my current organization. I have done BS in Computer Science from Pakistan and MS from Sweden. Also I did not submit any NZAQA because my MS is exempted from assessment. Moreover, I did not submit IELTS but I do submit proficiency letter (English Certificate) from my Swedish, Pakistani Universities as well as from my employer as I am working in a USA based multinational firm.

Good luck to you cousin and friend.
Thanks for the info..My frnd is working in MNC(AMDOCS) and he also visited canada 2-3 times. I dont think they will do any enquiry for current job. He is also submitting english language certificate from college.
I am already in NZ. I came here through last years SFV.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

aiki is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info..My frnd is working in MNC(AMDOCS) and he also visited canada 2-3 times. I dont think they will do any enquiry for current job. He is also submitting english language certificate from college.
I am already in NZ. I came here through last years SFV.
Hi,

Have you found a skilled job in NZ?
How hard is it to find a skilled job?
Old Jul 20th 2012, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

tommyhoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks mgn_v . Also best of luck for your application.

Originally Posted by mgn_v
Hi Tommyhoney,

On 17th May, I have submitted the online application for NZQA. On 9th July, I have submitted my SFV documents to TT Services. Casually, she asked about my employment and educational history.
At the end, she asked me to submit these (offer and revised letter along with payslips and income tax returns) documents and the same I have received in the mail as well.Yes, my occupation related to Information technology which are in long term shortage list.

Hope, I answer your questions.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 2:52 am
Just Joined

shayrock is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I submitted my documents to Bangkok branch this Monday (23rd of July). Any one of you guys with the same situation?
Old Jul 25th 2012, 3:18 am
Mrs

Originally Posted by aiki
Hi,

Have you found a skilled job in NZ?
How hard is it to find a skilled job?
Yes i found job within 20 days.I landed here 0n 9th feb and started my first job on 1st march. It depends upon your category. For software, web developers,designers its very easy to find job. currently my residency is under progress.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Yes i found job within 20 days.I landed here 0n 9th feb and started my first job on 1st march. It depends upon your category. For software, web developers,designers its very easy to find job. currently my residency is under progress.
All the best for your residency

BTW, have you tried to search for job before you landed in NZ (i.e. before 9th Feb) or you start job hunting and sending your CV after you landed (i.e. after 9th Feb) ?

I am into Software Testing actually.

But heard that even though you have IT background, but since you have no Kiwi Experience, then it would be hard. Did you experience the same issue?

Thank You.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

Question Re: Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

BTW, did your employer want the applicant to start immediately ?

In other countries, usually there is 1 month notice ... and it is acceptable.
How is it in NZ ?
Old Jul 25th 2012, 3:57 am
Mrs

All the best for your residency

BTW, have you tried to search for job before you landed in NZ (i.e. before 9th Feb) or you start job hunting and sending your CV after you landed (i.e. after 9th Feb) ?

I am into Software Testing actually.

But heard that even though you have IT background, but since you have no Kiwi Experience, then it would be hard. Did you experience the same issue?

Thank You.
I tried searching job when i got visa but most of the consultants prefer once candidate is in NZ.I started searching job actively from the second day, went to all consultants though we dont need to go to consultants physically. we just need to submit CV online on their websites. One of my frnd got job when he was in India. He was having experience in good cmpny(microsoft). So you can try sending your CV to consultants and apply on seek.co.nz once your landing date is finalized. Software Testing is also having good chances here. Have you searched for jobs regarding testing? how often those are updated on seek or other websites.? subscribe seek.co.nz for your matching jobs. you will get updates. I am getting updates about php jobs daily.
Its not hard if you are not having kiwi experience. You should have gud experience in your line.
how much experience you are having?
Old Jul 25th 2012, 3:59 am
Mrs

BTW, did your employer want the applicant to start immediately ?

In other countries, usually there is 1 month notice ... and it is acceptable.
How is it in NZ ?
Yes in some cases you can start immediately like was in my case. It depends upon employer requirement. If they found candidate is suitable for them then they wish to wait for one month..
Also they know that usually people have notice periods so they dont have any issue..
Old Jul 25th 2012, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

I tried searching job when i got visa but most of the consultants prefer once candidate is in NZ.I started searching job actively from the second day, went to all consultants though we dont need to go to consultants physically. we just need to submit CV online on their websites. One of my frnd got job when he was in India. He was having experience in good cmpny(microsoft). So you can try sending your CV to consultants and apply on seek.co.nz once your landing date is finalized. Software Testing is also having good chances here. Have you searched for jobs regarding testing? how often those are updated on seek or other websites.? subscribe seek.co.nz for your matching jobs. you will get updates. I am getting updates about php jobs daily.
Its not hard if you are not having kiwi experience. You should have gud experience in your line.
how much experience you are having?
I haven't really started job hunting actually ... But want to get some insight.
I have been doing this testing for almost 4 years. Previously I was research engineer.

You mean, the applicant doesn't need to go physically to recruitment offices to apply for a job?

I tried searching job when i got visa but most of the consultants prefer once candidate is in NZ. I started searching job actively from the second day
The same as I heard from other job seekers. Seems you will get a chance if you physically already in NZ, having NZ address and NZ mobile phone number.
Did you experience the same thing?

The concern is once the job seeker is in NZ and seeking for job, it might take some times. During that time, the job seeker needs to struggle with the expense since practically he/she doesn't have any financial income but on the other hand the financial outcome could be high.

Thanks by the way for sharing your experience. Really appreciate it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.