Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

police cert £35??? thought it was a tenner?!

police cert £35??? thought it was a tenner?!

Old Sep 14th 2008, 10:34 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: police cert £35??? thought it was a tenner?!

The ten quid one should be perfectly acceptable as far as I know. That is what we used. The £35 quid jobby used to be for fast tracking I thought.
I quite see what you mean though Stoof. The NZIS website leads you to the pilot scheme put in place by the UK Constabulary.

As far as I can see the ten quid jobs from your local police station shuld do the job.

for instance here is the form from the Dorset Police. It seems to still be ten quid.

Go along to your local main police station and ask them for the police clearance forms or look up your county headquarters and hopefully download from there. Always good to save £50 quid where you can .

Originally Posted by stoof
my enhanced CRB check is just being completed at work (they don't know i'm leaving yet!) will this do?!
No Stoof. Get the normal police check . NZIS like their paperwork to be reasonable uniform

sundry note for those looking in :-

A police check
must be no more than six months old to be acceptable.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

JasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to all

My ITA has just been received at NZ House ad I have just spoken to my case officer.

The £10 one is fine so no need to worry!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JasonSouthYorks
My ITA has just been received at NZ House ad I have just spoken to my case officer.

The £10 one is fine so no need to worry!
ace! cheers jasonsouthyorks .... am just looking on the local constab site for what i need!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BEVS here
The ten quid one should be perfectly acceptable as far as I know. That is what we used. The £35 quid jobby used to be for fast tracking I thought.
I quite see what you mean though Stoof. The NZIS website leads you to the pilot scheme put in place by the UK Constabulary.

As far as I can see the ten quid jobs from your local police station shuld do the job.

for instance here is the form from the Dorset Police. It seems to still be ten quid.

Go along to your local main police station and ask them for the police clearance forms or look up your county headquarters and hopefully download from there. Always good to save £50 quid where you can .

No Stoof. Get the normal police check . NZIS like their paperwork to be reasonable uniform

sundry note for those looking in :-

A police check
must be no more than six months old to be acceptable.
thanks Bev!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:45 pm
Account Closed

just had a very frustrating conversation with the local police HQ....

me 'i can't find the form on your website that i need to download'
them 'do this this and this - there it is'
me 'yep, that's what i've done, but it's not there'
them 'do this this and this - there it is'
me 'yeah, STILL not there'
them 'erm'
me - blinding flash of 'oh i bet your website only likes internet explorer and not safari'..
them 'erm'
me 'can you email one to me?'
them 'erm'
me 'please? or send it in the post'
them 'hang on, i'll check'
them 'you should be able to get it off the website'
me.......

etc etc etc

ho hum
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute

I rang the ACPO number today and this is what they told me.
quote 'The ACPO address for applying for certificates was being run on a pilot scheme with certain Police forces. It was deemed a success and is now being rolled out across the country. It will be in force nationwide within the next few weeks. The price will be increased from the normal £10 to £35. Local Police forces will cease to supply customers with application forms.' unquote.

If you have recently applied and only paid a tenner then you were lucky and got in before your force ceased trading.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

ok i just been on my local site, strathclyde then south lanarkshire and i cant see where i would down load a police check form, i have one but was looking to see if i could find the 10 quid one!!!! pfftttt
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

found it lol, i just wasnt looking in right place
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:15 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
found it lol, i just wasnt looking in right place
Have some karma just because all this is a nightmare innit.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

I just went in to the station and asked for the form,took 2 bits Id and filled it out there and then. No probs. £10 only.

Phyllis
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute

Dont forget that Scottish law is different from the rest of the UK, so you may be able to keep getting them done locally.
I have just had to apply for Criminal Records checks for my job in the UK but cant get them done as a sole trader so have to get a registered company to obtain them for me in England.
I contacted the Scotland records office and they are processing them for £20 no questions asked.
All move to Scotland prior to applying for NZ!!!!!