Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

police cert £35??? thought it was a tenner?!

police cert £35??? thought it was a tenner?!

Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default police cert £35??? thought it was a tenner?!

erm.... i've read lots on here people talking about police certs for £10, yet i've just followed the link on NZIS website to ACPO and they say £35...

i'm confused (no change there then!)

my enhanced CRB check is just being completed at work (they don't know i'm leaving yet!) will this do?!

thanks all!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: police cert £35??? thought it was a tenner?!

I went to our local cop shop & asked them for the appropriate form to fill in, sent it off & cost a tenner but that was 4 yrs ago now, maybe it's inflation or to aid the police party fund
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

We paid £35 each as well, but people who have gone to their local cop shop only paid £10 and i think if your CRB is current that is do. If you submit your CRB and immigration come back to you saying not good enough, then quickly go and get a £35 one done, ours came back within 10 days.

Good luck
Old Sep 5th 2008, 7:28 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Check on your local police force site for prices.

I've just checked our old forces site, ( Northants) and it's still £10.

You are looking for Data Protection Subject Access
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stoof
erm.... i've read lots on here people talking about police certs for £10, yet i've just followed the link on NZIS website to ACPO and they say £35...

i'm confused (no change there then!)

my enhanced CRB check is just being completed at work (they don't know i'm leaving yet!) will this do?!

thanks all!
You will need the ACPO check. The old £10 checks done through the local Forces are not used for immigration to certain countries now, NZ included, though they still exist as the are used for thousands of other purposes.

A CRB check has never been acceptable for immigration purposes.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:29 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks all!

£35 it is then!
Old Sep 6th 2008, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all

ACPO (Association of Chief Police Officers) are currently trialling a scheme for immigration purposes, a new and quicker(?!) way of getting police certificates and they cost £35.... the old way is no longer.....

nic
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:30 am
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

we have just had our Police certs done and it was £35 each and we had them back in 10 days - mind you they squash the photo down on the certificate and I look like a munchkin - nice!!!

Just the medicals to go!
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:11 am
Banned

Scouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by Beetrooper
Hi,

we have just had our Police certs done and it was £35 each and we had them back in 10 days - mind you they squash the photo down on the certificate and I look like a munchkin - nice!!!

Just the medicals to go!
Oh, is THAT all??

(Best of luck btw!)
Old Sep 9th 2008, 11:10 pm
AndyRuth

AndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really nice

Hi all ,

took out ITA down to NZ House yesterday ( 9th ) with the £10 police checks , they are still accepting them at the moment - may just save you a few quid !!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

JasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to all

The £10 ones aren't done locally, they are sent to Scotland Yard for processing via your local force. This check will show up any cautions or convictions showing on PNC. I believe this is what NZIS are interested in.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

CYGNET will become famous soon enoughCYGNET will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You will need the ACPO check. The old £10 checks done through the local Forces are not used for immigration to certain countries now, NZ included, though they still exist as the are used for thousands of other purposes.

A CRB check has never been acceptable for immigration purposes.
Is it true that the Acpo £35 police checks are only valid for 6 months. Ours are dated the 30th May, so if we do get Visa shortly, we will need to validate before Nov 08, is that correct. We had our medicals last week, so they should be OK.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

We went online to our local police force, downloaded the form, filled it in and took to the police station in our town with our ID and it cost £10, and immigration accepted it no problems.

http://www.norfolk.police.uk/artPDF/A220Jan06.pdf

The above link is for the form issued by Norfolk Police, your local force should have a similar form.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 9:11 am
Banned

Scouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really nice

Whether a tenner or 35 quid - pay up and move on. When you get your "We'll let you live here" letter, they'll sting you for another $300 as a "migrants levy". And that's in addition to the $700 they lift off you for processing your paperwork....get used to it if you're coming here! ;-)
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

JasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scouse Dave
Whether a tenner or 35 quid - pay up and move on. When you get your "We'll let you live here" letter, they'll sting you for another $300 as a "migrants levy". And that's in addition to the $700 they lift off you for processing your paperwork....get used to it if you're coming here! ;-)
You've missed the point. Nobody is moaning about the cost, it is whether NZIS accept the £10 or not as some of us weren't even aware of the £35 one. And whether the visas would be held up if we had to re-apply for another police check.
Also, by the time our ITA has been submitted we are all aware of the costs involved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.