NZQA assessment of qualifications

Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

adamski36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZQA assessment of qualifications

I am currently getting my documents together to send off to the New Zealand Qualifications Authority to get my qualifications assessed so I can start looking for work in New Zealand.

The problem is i don't understand exactly what is being asked for in terms of documentation.

e.g. A certificate of completion of final year at junior secondary school - i'm not sure i've got one of those - would GCSE certificates do?
Next 'transcripts of results, mark sheets or academic records for degrees, diplomas or other certificates - does this mean Degree certificates?

Please advise if you can help - the process costs NZ$450 so i want to be sure i'm sending the right things!
thanks
adam
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:21 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: NZQA assessment of qualifications

Photocopy everything and send everything you have got. For NZD$450, make 'em work for the money.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Twig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really nice

Originally Posted by adamski36
I am currently getting my documents together to send off to the New Zealand Qualifications Authority to get my qualifications assessed so I can start looking for work in New Zealand.

The problem is i don't understand exactly what is being asked for in terms of documentation.

e.g. A certificate of completion of final year at junior secondary school - i'm not sure i've got one of those - would GCSE certificates do?
Next 'transcripts of results, mark sheets or academic records for degrees, diplomas or other certificates - does this mean Degree certificates?

Please advise if you can help - the process costs NZ$450 so i want to be sure i'm sending the right things!
thanks
adam

We basically sent everything my hubby was ever given by his colleges/schools!! Even school reports! (but I seriously don't think they needed these however hubby was being pedantic)

The term 'transcripts' always confused me, I assumed the the extra piece of paper you get with a certificate of qualification - it lists what you studied (i.e. the syllabus) on that particular course/degree.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

mark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by adamski36

thanks
adam
A transcript of results is the actual breakdown of your results from a degree or other qualification. I know because I just had to get one. Try going to the website of your institution and do a search for "academic transcripts". My uni had an application form online and I got the paperwork through in less than 2 weeks.
Hope this helps.