British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZQA assessment of qualifications (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nzqa-assessment-qualifications-441970/)

adamski36 Apr 13th 2007 5:45 pm

NZQA assessment of qualifications

I am currently getting my documents together to send off to the New Zealand Qualifications Authority to get my qualifications assessed so I can start looking for work in New Zealand.

The problem is i don't understand exactly what is being asked for in terms of documentation.

e.g. A certificate of completion of final year at junior secondary school - i'm not sure i've got one of those - would GCSE certificates do?
Next 'transcripts of results, mark sheets or academic records for degrees, diplomas or other certificates - does this mean Degree certificates?

Please advise if you can help - the process costs NZ$450 so i want to be sure i'm sending the right things!
thanks
adam

happynz Apr 13th 2007 10:21 pm

Re: NZQA assessment of qualifications

Photocopy everything and send everything you have got. For NZD$450, make 'em work for the money.

Twig Apr 16th 2007 7:59 am

Originally Posted by adamski36 (Post 4638033)
I am currently getting my documents together to send off to the New Zealand Qualifications Authority to get my qualifications assessed so I can start looking for work in New Zealand.

The problem is i don't understand exactly what is being asked for in terms of documentation.

e.g. A certificate of completion of final year at junior secondary school - i'm not sure i've got one of those - would GCSE certificates do?
Next 'transcripts of results, mark sheets or academic records for degrees, diplomas or other certificates - does this mean Degree certificates?

Please advise if you can help - the process costs NZ$450 so i want to be sure i'm sending the right things!
thanks
adam

We basically sent everything my hubby was ever given by his colleges/schools!! Even school reports! :D (but I seriously don't think they needed these however hubby was being pedantic)

The term 'transcripts' always confused me, I assumed the the extra piece of paper you get with a certificate of qualification - it lists what you studied (i.e. the syllabus) on that particular course/degree.

mark and kim Apr 17th 2007 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by adamski36 (Post 4638033)

thanks
adam

A transcript of results is the actual breakdown of your results from a degree or other qualification. I know because I just had to get one. Try going to the website of your institution and do a search for "academic transcripts". My uni had an application form online and I got the paperwork through in less than 2 weeks.
Hope this helps.