Nursing

Old Aug 30th 2007, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nursing

Originally Posted by Stevejd
Found this on the RCN site http://www.rcn.org.uk/members/direct...+as+a+nurse+in

NHS Pension Scheme - Superannuation

Nurses in the NHS pension scheme who leave the service may have their pension benefits 'frozen'. If you are moving to a new non NHS employer, whether in the UK or abroad you should seek independent advice as to whether you are able to 'transfer' your membership into your new employer’s scheme.

It is advisable to contact the NHS Pensions Agency for further details about the options available. Individual enquiries should be made to:

NHS Pensions Agency
Hesketh House, 200-220 Broadway
Fleetwood Lancashire FY7 8LG
Tel: +44 1253 774774, Fax: + 44 1253 774 860
Email: [email protected]
http://www.nhspa.gov.uk

Or, if you work for the NHS in Scotland:

Scottish Public Pension Agency
7 Tweedside Park
Tweedbank, Galashiels
TD1 3TE
Tel: + 44 1896 893100, Fax: + 441896 893214
Email: [email protected]
www.sppa.gov.uk

When contacting either office the following details should be quoted:

NHS Pension Scheme reference number or, if not known
National Insurance number
Full name
Date of birth

Steve
When I arrived in NZ I looked at trtransferringy pension but as my new employer (DHB) didnt have a contributory pension available I was strongly advised to freeze it in the UK. Because I will not be 55 by the new cut off date I cant retire on full pension at that age (48 now),,, does that make sense

However Kiwi saver has just been launched here and employers will contribute 2% towards that so I am about to seek further advice!!!!

Let me know if you find out anything different. I have spoken to work and income and they told me I can claim my susuperannuationrom the UK at 60.