IELTs

Old Jul 16th 2012, 11:09 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: IELTs

Good going you lot in this thread. I;d spread some karma points around but notice only one of you has a picture avatar.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

aiki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thepinkone
thats great news Karin, is it over the phone or skype? Remember your cultural awareness/Treaty of Waitangi and you should be fine - keep us updated x
I heard that some employer will ask the applicant about Treaty of Waitangi.
My question is, why they ask about history? The applicant is not applying for a position in museum or as history teacher.

And how deep could they ask?
Old Jul 19th 2012, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

karin is an unknown quantity at this point

I will let you know after monday how much they ask and what they ask
Old Jul 19th 2012, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

aiki is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Karin,

May I know what is your IELTS score?
Just want to know if English native speaker can get easily 9.0 for each module without investing more than 1-2 hours preparation time.

Thanks
Old Jul 20th 2012, 5:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aiki
I heard that some employer will ask the applicant about Treaty of Waitangi.
My question is, why they ask about history? The applicant is not applying for a position in museum or as history teacher.

And how deep could they ask?
New Zealand is a Bi-cultural Country. Maori & English are both official languages. The Treaty of Waitangi is an hugely important document & still informs legislation today. Many jobs will require you to attend a Treaty education day.

I suggest that you take a good luck at it & gain an understanding of it's importance today as well as the history of it. You probably won't be asked much about it but an awareness is necessary for many jobs.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice

As Vital said the treaty is important; I was not asked about it in my interview, but I had talked about cultural awareness in some detail. There are 2 copies of the treaty, the English one and the Maori one (there is a translated version of this) Its a short document and doesn't take much time to read. Wikipeadia have quite an interesting write up on it with links. You don't need to know it by heart, just understand the principles of it.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

RachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by thepinkone
Is your nursing diploma/degree from England, surley if it is this proves that your English is at the required standard and you do not need an additional test - I entered the midwives register in March and my midwifey degree was enough
My midwifery registration was accepted yesterday, I didn't need to do one either. Do you know if we'll need to do IELTS for Visa? And husband?

Rach x
Old Jul 31st 2012, 12:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RachelG12
My midwifery registration was accepted yesterday, I didn't need to do one either. Do you know if we'll need to do IELTS for Visa? And husband?

Rach x
No, not if all your educational exams were taken in English & you are an English citizen born & bred. Just state on your application that English is your native language & all your qualifications were taken in English.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

RachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BEVS
Good going you lot in this thread. I;d spread some karma points around but notice only one of you has a picture avatar.
Give me a chance, I only joined yesterday so think I deserve at least half a Karma point
Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,
I am sorry I have not been on, to respond, but everytime I tried to get on I had an ad stating I had a Trojan, I have sice found out that this is a spoof. Aiki to answere your question I got a 9 in speaking an 8.5 in listening, a 7.5 in writing and a 7 in reading, I have dislectic tendancies as it has been put. so I was pleased with these scores, I needed a 7 in each area so this is a pass.
My interview last week went well I think they didn't ask about culture only about work and me. They have said that once they have my references in they may request a second interview, so I am still in limbo, in the mean time I have completed and sent off the first part of my nursing registration.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice

Congrats on passing your English test Karin and fingers crossed on that 2nd interview
Old Aug 4th 2012, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

clairesw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karin
Hi all,
I am sorry I have not been on, to respond, but everytime I tried to get on I had an ad stating I had a Trojan, I have sice found out that this is a spoof. Aiki to answere your question I got a 9 in speaking an 8.5 in listening, a 7.5 in writing and a 7 in reading, I have dislectic tendancies as it has been put. so I was pleased with these scores, I needed a 7 in each area so this is a pass.
My interview last week went well I think they didn't ask about culture only about work and me. They have said that once they have my references in they may request a second interview, so I am still in limbo, in the mean time I have completed and sent off the first part of my nursing registration.
Congratulations!! That's a great score.

I'm still waiting for the Nursing Council... they weren't satisfied as my school of nursing didn't have full records of my training, so I've had to request more info from the NMC.... the wait continues.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Hi Claire sorry too hear not all going well, I have wondered about your comments, will my school of nursing still have my records, I was there over 30 years ago so am wondering about that bit. Posted my 1st part just over a week ago so now just waiting, to get reply and then from reading what you say I need to contact the NMC and my old school of nursing, not sure how to do that but I will have to wait and see, all the best to you and hope you only have a short wait now.