IELTs

Old Jul 1st 2012, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

karin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTs

Hi
My family and I are born and educated in England, I need to take my IELTs for the nursing board of NZ but will my family need to take it or is being educated in England enough, someone said that they will need to take the test and get a minimum of 5.5, we don't mind it is just the expence of £125 each that is a pain, thank you for any help
Old Jul 1st 2012, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

allisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really nice
Default Re: IELTs

It's just need for nz nursing reg.

No one else in your family will need it

alli x
Old Jul 1st 2012, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Thank you soo much, just we went to one of these seminars and this women told us they would, should also told us about extortionate fees she would need to help us, I have decided to go it alone, but ADHB have said that if I get the job they will help me. again thank you for setting my mind at rest.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

allisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really nice

I think the process to get to nz is easy enough to do yourself!

I've been dithering about it for ages! Always thought I'd need to get NZ Reg before applying for jobs and so far only done the IELTS and police checks!!

Good luck with your plans!
Old Jul 1st 2012, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Karin,
if you don't mind me asking what kind of salary are you being offered?
Thanks, alli
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Hi
Allison salary has not been discussed as yet, I just want to get to NZ. I know I should care about money, but hopefully that will work out, what should I be looking at by the way.
Just need my IELTs then get everything signed by a solicitor so can then send off first part of Nz nursing reg.
What sort of nurse are you alli and where do you want to go.
karin
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice

Is your nursing diploma/degree from England, surley if it is this proves that your English is at the required standard and you do not need an additional test - I entered the midwives register in March and my midwifey degree was enough

Last edited by thepinkone; Jul 3rd 2012 at 3:59 pm. Reason: edited as put 'english degree' instead of 'midwifery degree'
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

The nursing reg of NZ asks for IELTS level 7 in each area, I qualified as a nurse in England in the 1980, was born in England and have lived here all my life, but going through the nursing reg for NZ it does specify IELTS Academic level 7, I have my test booked for saturday.
Old Jul 6th 2012, 2:00 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

They do don't they Karin. For NZ nurse registration one has to do an IELTS no matter where one has lived or what one's first language is.

Best of Luck for Saturday .
Old Jul 9th 2012, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

clairesw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karin
The nursing reg of NZ asks for IELTS level 7 in each area, I qualified as a nurse in England in the 1980, was born in England and have lived here all my life, but going through the nursing reg for NZ it does specify IELTS Academic level 7, I have my test booked for saturday.
How did the IELTS go?

I did mine in May and am waiting to hear from the Nursing Council - I'm on stage 2 of the process....
Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

IELTS went ok, I think, hopefully it will be ok. will find out friday week, thank you for asking. hope all goes well with stage 2,
I will wait til I have a definetly got a job before completing stage 1, once IELTS back just need to get all signed by a solicitor, then send it off.
let me know how stage 2 goes and what else you needed. ty
Old Jul 14th 2012, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by karin
IELTS went ok, I think, hopefully it will be ok. will find out friday week, thank you for asking. hope all goes well with stage 2,
I will wait til I have a definetly got a job before completing stage 1, once IELTS back just need to get all signed by a solicitor, then send it off.
let me know how stage 2 goes and what else you needed. ty
It's slow! At least it feels very slow, but I am very impatient! The NMC have been surprisingly efficient and both my verification and transcript from my school of nursing left the UK on 2 July, so hopefully should have arrived with the NZ nursing council. So, I'm just waiting.... I'll keep you posted.

Good luck with your IELTS results - let me know.

Where will you be working in NZ?
Old Jul 14th 2012, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

I have an interview for Auckland district hospital for theatres on monday week, what about you where do you have a job, or where do you want to work. all the best
Old Jul 14th 2012, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Wow - good luck!

I'm been offered a job as a travel health nurse, also in Auckland. I went for a short visit back in May and loved it. Can't wait to get over there, but for now we're (husband and I) are selling everything we own to fund it and getting our 2 dogs ready!
Old Jul 15th 2012, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice

thats great news Karin, is it over the phone or skype? Remember your cultural awareness/Treaty of Waitangi and you should be fine - keep us updated x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.