EOI, how long before I know?

Old Dec 8th 2006, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Espressomattic is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EOI, how long before I know?

Originally Posted by SirEglamore
Was that your first pool dipping, dont forget your app. is in there for 6 months, just maybe got more folk with more points than you at the mo. Hang in there
We were really fortunate in that we had 105 points but are going through the Police with a job offer. Ours was taken out of the pool on Wednesday. They are trying to speed it up a little because I have a start date of April 9th. So the Police have given us a very short time span but Immigration are helping...I think!

Anyway good luck to you all.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 11:02 am
sean n

sean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SirEglamore
Was that your first pool dipping, dont forget your app. is in there for 6 months, just maybe got more folk with more points than you at the mo. Hang in there
You could always try for a work permit, get out there, get a job and then apply for PR. This is thr route I was gonna go if i havdnt being selected (trying not to sound smug )
Old Dec 9th 2006, 9:54 am
Just Joined

manydlou is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone i am brand new to this have found this forum really really great in helping with info, hubby prison officer aged 50 has been invited for interview but we are struggling on points we seem to have between 95 + 120 depending on if everything i think counts counts can any one help out there as you are a really friendly bunch and we would love to go over to NZ but so many questions hope to hear from some one soon
Old Dec 9th 2006, 11:26 am
ex corrections officer

Puppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to all

Originally Posted by manydlou
Hi everyone i am brand new to this have found this forum really really great in helping with info, hubby prison officer aged 50 has been invited for interview but we are struggling on points we seem to have between 95 + 120 depending on if everything i think counts counts can any one help out there as you are a really friendly bunch and we would love to go over to NZ but so many questions hope to hear from some one soon
hi mandylou

I too am a prison officer. Been out to NZ in October for test, interview, day round a jail.
EOI selected from pool on 22 Nov. We had 110 pionts.
Received ITA on Thursday. Medicals booked for next Wednesday.

It is becoming a bit real now!! :scared:
Old Dec 10th 2006, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

manydlou is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by puppypower
hi mandylou

I too am a prison officer. Been out to NZ in October for test, interview, day round a jail.
EOI selected from pool on 22 Nov. We had 110 pionts.
Received ITA on Thursday. Medicals booked for next Wednesday.

It is becoming a bit real now!! :scared:
It must be a bit scary but well done you when you went you liked what you saw and decided which is what we cant do.

so what did you think about the wages and holidays as this is one thing that is putting my husband off you must have thought that it seems quite good compared to standard of living out there if you have put in EOI

We are still not sure about the points as to get over 100 i would have to have an offer of employment and then my qualifications would count NVQ 3 Admin found out somewhere else that it would = 10 points or Reg's HGV 1 license would have to count and i don't think does

Last edited by manydlou; Dec 10th 2006 at 1:28 pm.