ITA references

Old Jan 1st 2007, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Perdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to all
Default ITA references

Ok, I am happy to have as many links as people want to give here but can anyone tell me where to find the info about how going about a police check and does anyone know if my DC2 I filled in for my son's pre-school will count?

Any other useful information regarding how to get info and certificate etc duly grateful.
Many thanks
Anne
Old Jan 1st 2007, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: ITA references

HI,
try ringing the National Identification Services in London, tel 020 72302688. They issue the police checks - not sure about the DC2

Last edited by donnaf; Jan 1st 2007 at 7:36 pm.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 7:35 pm
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

I visited the local police station & asked for the form (D20 rings a bell, but it was 2yrs ago now!), then sent it off with cheque. Took about 2wks to come back. Hope that helps. Good Luck with it all.
Annie
Old Jan 1st 2007, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Perdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to all

I have been looking at the panel doctors and we have a choice here, one is radiologist, one doctor, if we saw one would we then need to see the other, i.e can the radiologist do the full medical? Anyone's experiences please.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Perdana
I have been looking at the panel doctors and we have a choice here, one is radiologist, one doctor, if we saw one would we then need to see the other, i.e can the radiologist do the full medical? Anyone's experiences please.
No, I'm afraid you need both:scared: . Just get used to writing out cheques at this stage
Old Jan 1st 2007, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

get used to writing out cheques at this stage[/QUOTE]

LOL
Which do you do first, the medical or the x-rays?
Old Jan 1st 2007, 10:01 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

get used to writing out cheques at this stage
LOL
Which do you do first, the medical or the x-rays?[/quote]

usually X-ray first... then wait a week or so for your plates to be made available and you are usually asked to pick up the plates and take them to the medicals. if there are any problems they can be discussed in the appointment with the quack.

if emmigrating to NZ you get to keep the xrays. they will only ask for them if something showed up. so you dont send them off. Oz immigration are a little stricter - if i recall correctly you dont get to see the plates.

if you are very much on the chunky side (BMI over 35) then do what i did - go to your medicals starved (nothing from tea time the night before) and ask the doctor to take some fasting bloods. Saves you having to go back and do them another time! i starved myself a full 23 hours. no tea or coffee either - just sips of water.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 10:30 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

I found the form for the Police Checks online, just did a search for our local force and then looked up the form, think it's listed as Data Protection, some-one posted a thread mid October telling you what exactly to look for.

Our X rays and medicals were done on the same day, at two different places who liased with each other re timing, my advice is to phone them. If you look on here you'll see that prices vary vastly around the country, we paid £985 for 2 adults 3 kids, inc. 3 Xrays (eldest is 12) but we were able to get an appt. locally within 10 days (13th December) and had the results back at the end of last week
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 6:34 am
Account Closed

get used to writing out cheques at this stage
LOL
Which do you do first, the medical or the x-rays?[/QUOTE]

We had ours done at the same time at a practice in Manchester. Had to pay each practitioner separately though.
Hope this helps.