The end MAY be in sight

Old Nov 27th 2009, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice
Default Re: The end MAY be in sight

Originally Posted by sjake
I wrote out the questions and wrote my notes to them beforehand on the computer. I then had the documents printed out and to hand as a reference if required. I also had the computer open on the Wiki page for NZ just in case they asked me some NZ related questions e.g. who is the PM etc. but they don't ask those things - it is all about you & your prospects.

I am pretty certain they won't ask to to talk to you but they may ask hubby about what you plan to do. The fact that you have been offered the interview is a really good sign and they want to check how likely you are to settle and contribute and have done some homework.

I'm sure it'll be fine. When is the interview?

sjake,
Good advice, think I will do the same even if the questions arnt asked at least we can be prepared, would hate to be caught out!
I cant see the interviewer wanting to talk to me but wont be happy until my husband puts the phone down saying that bits done!
I have gone through all the anticipated questions making sure we both have good answers and my hubby has started contacting agencies like the CIOB and others he is already a member of, so he can start getting his CV out.
Interview is next thursday........getting real now.......
I see you have 1 month and 2 days left before your flights how are your nerves holding out?
Old Nov 28th 2009, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

saville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nice

Hi! Me again I pop up everywhere, told you the day would come, congrats on being so patient.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice

Originally Posted by saville
Hi! Me again I pop up everywhere, told you the day would come, congrats on being so patient.
Hello again saville,
Patients is something my husband says he wishes I had, bless his poor ears can now take a short rest, never quiet understood the phrase 'cat on a hot tin roof' till now!!!!
Thankyou for your support tho
Old Nov 30th 2009, 4:59 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mudplug
Hello again saville,
Patients is something my husband says he wishes I had, bless his poor ears can now take a short rest, never quiet understood the phrase 'cat on a hot tin roof' till now!!!!
Thankyou for your support tho
Hi Mudplug, nothing conrete just yet as so nervous to book anything incase anything goes wrong, so nothing booked, however, did open a bank account last night lol. We want to fly out on the 22nd jan, job start date is 01/02/2010. Cannot wait until she gives us the thumbs up so we can get things booked up

Tina, x x
Old Nov 30th 2009, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

for you mudplug
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
Hi Mudplug, nothing conrete just yet as so nervous to book anything incase anything goes wrong, so nothing booked, however, did open a bank account last night lol. We want to fly out on the 22nd jan, job start date is 01/02/2010. Cannot wait until she gives us the thumbs up so we can get things booked up

Tina, x x
Hi Tina
Wow, thing sound time for you, hope you get the go ahead quickly, have you got much to still get organized? will be keeping fingers crossed for you
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373
for you mudplug
Ahh thanks MooMoo
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 8:32 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Ahh thanks MooMoo
Oh yeah cannot now decide on when to send our belongings over, mad aint it??? Do we chance it and send it week beginning 14th dec and hope it gets put on a boat otherwise it will be waiting in storage until the new year, as we are sharing a container where as if that is the case, do we just as well keep hold of it all until the ne wyear and send it off on the 8th jan?? help!!!!

Tina. x
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sjake
We had our telephone interview back in June. I was the principal applicant and they did not want to talk to hubby.

Try this link to give an idea of the sort questions asked.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601681

Best of luck and
I had mine earlier this week, they only wanted to speak to me.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 8:43 pm
appreciate life

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
I had mine earlier this week, they only wanted to speak to me.
your telephone interview???

If so how did go? Hope all was good and you hear something soon.

Tina. x
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
your telephone interview???

If so how did go? Hope all was good and you hear something soon.

Tina. x
The interviewer said 2 weeks before I should hear something. Not too sure how it went, there seemed a lot of "pregnant pauses" but mostly O.K.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh thanks MooMoo
Hope the pm i sent was helpful hun
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Well so pleased thats over, interview done luckily they didnt want to talk to me huge sigh of relief.
Now another (hopefully short) wait until we know or
Thankyou everyone who has sent kind words of encouragement.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 12:07 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Well so pleased thats over, interview done luckily they didnt want to talk to me huge sigh of relief.
Now another (hopefully short) wait until we know or
Thankyou everyone who has sent kind words of encouragement.
and its a !!
Hope you don't have to wait too long for the big smile!
B x