Interview Date Set....any advice

Old Apr 3rd 2009, 9:22 pm
luckybean

angmargien is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Interview Date Set....any advice

Hi all
My interview date at NZ High Comm in London is scheduled for next week. They have said that they interview all applicants without a job offer. I have some things in the pipline, so not worried about that, but are they going to quiz me on my general knowledge of NZ?? Do I need to swot up for it??
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Interview Date Set....any advice

Originally Posted by angmargien
Hi all
My interview date at NZ High Comm in London is scheduled for next week. They have said that they interview all applicants without a job offer. I have some things in the pipline, so not worried about that, but are they going to quiz me on my general knowledge of NZ?? Do I need to swot up for it??
Suggest that you do a search e.g. "interview" as this has been asked on more than one occasion, and others have been ever so helpful & listed the questions asked/covered? Someone may even come along & post a link (sorry but not sure how to do!?!).

Best of luck with the interview & let us know how it goes.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:36 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Now I've been taught how to do links:

Telephone interview
or
Interviews
or
What questions do NZIS ask

I'm getting good at this links business now
I didn't really get asked about NZ. Only in terms of how it may affect me moving there eg what I was going to do about housing, work and finance etc. Prepare the more likely questions. I didn't feel like I'd done as well as I could-like when you come out of an exam and suddenly remember everything you should have put down
I got PR though so it must have been ok
Good luck
Sue

Last edited by Persephone; Apr 4th 2009 at 1:45 am. Reason: Fancy link works, Thanks Bevs!
Old Apr 4th 2009, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all
Hi, I assume its a telephone interview? We applied via skilled migrant category without a job offer and i had phone interview about 3 weeks ago. Mine lasted about half hour, mainly want to know your plans for going, when, where, what you'll do when you get there, living accomodation, any networks out there. if you have children whether you have looked into schooling etc. obviously jobs, how many hrs you intend to work and if you have applied for anything. I thought it was fairly formal but all they want to know is that you have some kind of plan. We have only vaguely looked into schools as we want to look when we get there, having told her that i thought she may think we were unorganised but i think most people wait till they arrive-you cant really sign up for something you havent checked out!! Anyway we got PR.
Good luck x
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:37 am
luckybean

Originally Posted by strawbie
Hi, I assume its a telephone interview? We applied via skilled migrant category without a job offer and i had phone interview about 3 weeks ago. Mine lasted about half hour, mainly want to know your plans for going, when, where, what you'll do when you get there, living accomodation, any networks out there. if you have children whether you have looked into schooling etc. obviously jobs, how many hrs you intend to work and if you have applied for anything. I thought it was fairly formal but all they want to know is that you have some kind of plan. We have only vaguely looked into schools as we want to look when we get there, having told her that i thought she may think we were unorganised but i think most people wait till they arrive-you cant really sign up for something you havent checked out!! Anyway we got PR.
Good luck x
Hi all

Thanks for the advice, yes it is a tele interview. Fortunately I have a good idea of what I am going to to doing workwise as already have a second interview with a company in NZ lined up next week. Also have family out there already which will be a big help. Going independently so no need to worry about kids schooling or anything like that.

How long after the interview did you guys get granted PR??
Old Apr 6th 2009, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all

Thanks for the advice, yes it is a tele interview. Fortunately I have a good idea of what I am going to to doing workwise as already have a second interview with a company in NZ lined up next week. Also have family out there already which will be a big help. Going independently so no need to worry about kids schooling or anything like that.

How long after the interview did you guys get granted PR??
I received a letter exactly 2 weeks after interview but she had a few more questions via email and then our application was with a colleague being checked-not sure if routine or whether our CO was new!!?? some people hear via email much sooner and if its straightforward i dont see why you wouldnt
good luck, it sounds like you have it sorted!!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:10 am
luckybean

Originally Posted by strawbie
I received a letter exactly 2 weeks after interview but she had a few more questions via email and then our application was with a colleague being checked-not sure if routine or whether our CO was new!!?? some people hear via email much sooner and if its straightforward i dont see why you wouldnt
good luck, it sounds like you have it sorted!!
Just had the interview which went great. She said she would be making a decision within the next two weeks and that it would not really make a difference if I received a job offer before then. However I have my 2nd interview with an Auckland based company sheduled for Easter Monday PM so here's hoping! Its sounds pretty informal as they've invited me for diner and I'm really excited, but trying not to get my hopes to high until I know what the score is...
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:43 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Glad it all went OK
Hope you get a decision soon

Sue