The end MAY be in sight

Old Nov 26th 2009, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice
Default The end MAY be in sight

Well this has been the longest year of my life but at last we have a date for the dreaded telephone interview................and I'm poop'n myself.

Firstly our c/o has asked for more relationship evidence utility bills in joint name etc, we dont have any, when we moved house hubby sat all morning on the phone sorting it all out and put it all in his name, and the c/o wants 10 documents. Not sure how many we can get it wont be 10...... bugger!!!!!

I do have a question regarding the phone interview tho considering the application is in my hubbys name what is the likelihood of the chap wanting to speak to me?
Old Nov 26th 2009, 2:23 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The end MAY be in sight

Originally Posted by Mudplug
Well this has been the longest year of my life but at last we have a date for the dreaded telephone interview................and I'm poop'n myself.

Firstly our c/o has asked for more relationship evidence utility bills in joint name etc, we dont have any, when we moved house hubby sat all morning on the phone sorting it all out and put it all in his name, and the c/o wants 10 documents. Not sure how many we can get it wont be 10...... bugger!!!!!

I do have a question regarding the phone interview tho considering the application is in my hubbys name what is the likelihood of the chap wanting to speak to me?
Good luck ...when is it?!....there have been lots of previous posts re this so worth doing a search if you havn't already!!!

Also worth having a look here....(again if not seen already!!)
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...tApril2008.doc

It gives you info on types of evidence you can submit....it's ok if things in one name only, its the address that gives evidence of living together.

HTH &
B x
Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:32 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

We have the same problem, we don't have joint utility bills because they don't issue bills in joint names here in Egypt.

About the interview, our agent said they will probably want to speak to me too though my OH is the principal applicant. Although in our case it may be to see if I speak English since we're not native English speakers. Don't worry about the interview, just prepare for it a bit. Good luck!
Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice

Thanks MnB
That was a lot of help silly really so longed for this day to come that neither myself or hubby has been able to make much sense this afternoon what will we be like if we get a YES.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Kija
Thanks for that know what I will be doing this evening

The site that MnB suggested looking at was a great help should check it out, no better evidence than everyday living evidence!

So hope'n they dont want to speak to me, really crap on the phone, I always try so hard to not fluff it up I end up making a real mess, altho in the email there was no mention of talking to me

Good luck to you too
Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:18 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks MnB
That was a lot of help silly really so longed for this day to come that neither myself or hubby has been able to make much sense this afternoon what will we be like if we get a YES.
Hey no prob, I submitted 61 pages of all sorts of evidence (married 31 yrs ...eeek again!!) plus a copy of every page!! this included at least 2 pieces of evidence for every month of the last 12 months.....C/O rang wanting more recent stuff luckily I had a copy of my inventory of evidence and could direct him to relevant documents....all was ok, it had just got out of date order!! ...phew!!

Handed mine in personally at NZ house.....they do a quick check there & then.

By the way...where are you from?? ....am I right in thinking its Somerset?
B x
Old Nov 26th 2009, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi B
Wow you sound so much more organized than us, tell you the truth I/we didnt expect to get this far.
Yeah my husband works in London so thought about handing in personally but royal mail will just have to do this time.
Aah yes Somerset (Glastonbury) born and breed, but we moved away some 11 years ago now, at the time it was the best thing for us and in some weird ways it has helped us detech from family so moving further now wont really make a huge difference.
Where abouts are you from?
Oh just read you have your flights booked, feel nervous for you! where are you heading?
Old Nov 26th 2009, 6:48 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

brill news, sure you will do ok. Will be thinking of you and have fingers and toes for you.

Tina, x
Old Nov 26th 2009, 9:21 pm
MnB

Hi B
Wow you sound so much more organized than us, tell you the truth I/we didnt expect to get this far.
Yeah my husband works in London so thought about handing in personally but royal mail will just have to do this time.
Aah yes Somerset (Glastonbury) born and breed, but we moved away some 11 years ago now, at the time it was the best thing for us and in some weird ways it has helped us detech from family so moving further now wont really make a huge difference.
Where abouts are you from?
Oh just read you have your flights booked, feel nervous for you! where are you heading?
Hi...no, not at all organised!!! 9wks till we go and nothing much sorted!!
will send a pm.
B x
Old Nov 27th 2009, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light

We had our telephone interview back in June. I was the principal applicant and they did not want to talk to hubby.

Try this link to give an idea of the sort questions asked.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601681

Best of luck and
Old Nov 27th 2009, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
brill news, sure you will do ok. Will be thinking of you and have fingers and toes for you.

Tina, x
Hi Tina,
Thankyou for your kind words, its funny I have read of so many other people who have got to this point and thinking wow cant wait till thats us but now its is, cant really take it in, but looking at your progress line your at the same stage, do you have any concrete plans?
Old Nov 27th 2009, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sjake
We had our telephone interview back in June. I was the principal applicant and they did not want to talk to hubby.

Try this link to give an idea of the sort questions asked.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601681

Best of luck and
Hi sjake
So hope the sames for me, hubby is so good on the phone, mind he does spend half his working day with it glued to his ear so Im not surprised, hes looking forward to it, strange man!
Thanks for the link with the questions, they always sound so easy to answer when you read them out in your head
Old Nov 27th 2009, 8:16 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Kija
Thanks for that know what I will be doing this evening

The site that MnB suggested looking at was a great help should check it out, no better evidence than everyday living evidence!

So hope'n they dont want to speak to me, really crap on the phone, I always try so hard to not fluff it up I end up making a real mess, altho in the email there was no mention of talking to me

Good luck to you too
B kindly sent me that site too, it's fantastic. Don't worry about the interview, I'm sure it will be fine.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light

Hi sjake
So hope the sames for me, hubby is so good on the phone, mind he does spend half his working day with it glued to his ear so Im not surprised, hes looking forward to it, strange man!
Thanks for the link with the questions, they always sound so easy to answer when you read them out in your head
I wrote out the questions and wrote my notes to them beforehand on the computer. I then had the documents printed out and to hand as a reference if required. I also had the computer open on the Wiki page for NZ just in case they asked me some NZ related questions e.g. who is the PM etc. but they don't ask those things - it is all about you & your prospects.

I am pretty certain they won't ask to to talk to you but they may ask hubby about what you plan to do. The fact that you have been offered the interview is a really good sign and they want to check how likely you are to settle and contribute and have done some homework.

I'm sure it'll be fine. When is the interview?
Old Nov 27th 2009, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kija
B kindly sent me that site too, it's fantastic. Don't worry about the interview, I'm sure it will be fine.
Thanks Kija

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.