Decision Made! Any tips?

Old Oct 1st 2009, 12:41 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decision Made! Any tips?

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
I have read in Aus and NZ magazine about these advisor's.
A good one is worth their weight in gold!

I assume they are fairly expensive!
Actually the majority of people here have done it without an advisor. We decided to go with one as we are in Egypt and there's no NZ house as you have in the UK to liaison with/through. If we fail this time around (God-forbid), we're going to do it ourselves.

Basically what our advisor does is fill the forms out for us and asks us to send any needed documents. TBH I don't think you'd really need one.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decision Made! Any tips?

Get triplicate coppies of everything.
Doent send anything unless its registered post.
Be realistic and honest with yourself why you want to come.
Be prepared for weeks of frustration.
DONT believe the hype you read in the tourist and migration magazine.
Ask lots of questions on here and listen to those who are not happy
here as their opinions are just a valid as those who love it. If you've
never been you cant say at this point which camp you'll be in.
I like it, its not perfect but in my opinion its better than being in the uk.
Look at wages (very low)
look at houses that you can afford (not to uk standard and have very poor heating)
look at education if you have kids.schools get knocked at bit on here but they can be good
look at the different places to live, noit just auckland or wellington or chch.

Last of all, tell your friends and family what you are thinking of doing now and keep them updated
it will save more heartache and worry than you can ever dream of in the
future if you are successful

Last edited by Justcol; Oct 4th 2009 at 11:55 pm.