Decision Made! Any tips?

Old Sep 28th 2009, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Decision Made! Any tips?

So we were based on the sofa yesterday afternoon time. F1 was on in the background, I was reading Aus and New Zealand magazine.

We started talking about "what we are going to do" and to cut a long story short we decided to go for it and see where we can end up!

So this week is all about filling in our EOI. Having gone through the quick points checker and checked the LTSSL we appear to be in a good position to lodge an EOI request.

So, my question to the majority of you is; any tips or tricks, pitfalls or guidance to filling in the EOI?

Thanks for reading!
Old Sep 28th 2009, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Decision Made! Any tips?

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
So we were based on the sofa yesterday afternoon time. F1 was on in the background, I was reading Aus and New Zealand magazine.

We started talking about "what we are going to do" and to cut a long story short we decided to go for it and see where we can end up!

So this week is all about filling in our EOI. Having gone through the quick points checker and checked the LTSSL we appear to be in a good position to lodge an EOI request.

So, my question to the majority of you is; any tips or tricks, pitfalls or guidance to filling in the EOI?

Thanks for reading!
Start saving - stop eating anything but porridge - and never log out of BE
Oh and learn to jump nice and high for all them hoops

Good luck and welcome to the madhouse

And i havent forgot about the info you requested the OH is working on it - he's just crap at doing anything in 'real' time. If it gets critical - poke me on the pm
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

PP - thanks very much for the reply, and for not forgetting the information request!

Your post in anything thread about being a slight increase in the IT job market has filled me with some extra confidence.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 2:21 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ...good on you for deciding to give it a go!!
my advice.......everything psycho says + oodles of patience! oh... & some spare money to pay for it all!!
Best wishes!! B x
Old Sep 28th 2009, 4:08 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MnB
Hi ...good on you for deciding to give it a go!!
my advice.......everything psycho says + oodles of patience! oh... & some spare money to pay for it all!!
Best wishes!! B x
Good choice made, as PP said get rady for one hell of a rollercoaster ride,only dont let it stop for you th get off, stick with it and good luck.

tina. x
Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Print the EOI off and fill it out in pencil first before doing it on the computer, that way it wont take you as long and you will have all the info to hand, rather than running around the house.

Then limit yourselves to only check the results on line 10 times a day!!!

Get lots of quotes for medicals and don't be afraid to drive a little further to save money. Don't get your medicals done until you get you ITA through (you never know how long it will take, ours was quick but some have been ages), that goes for police checks.

Good luck and just ask questions all the way, we have been here 6 months now, building out own house, bought a boat, i'm a student again and studying something I have always wanted, kids love it and we are loving every second of NZ. Good luck to you all.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by teebrown
Print the EOI off and fill it out in pencil first before doing it on the computer, that way it wont take you as long and you will have all the info to hand, rather than running around the house.

Then limit yourselves to only check the results on line 10 times a day!!!

Get lots of quotes for medicals and don't be afraid to drive a little further to save money. Don't get your medicals done until you get you ITA through (you never know how long it will take, ours was quick but some have been ages), that goes for police checks.

Good luck and just ask questions all the way, we have been here 6 months now, building out own house, bought a boat, i'm a student again and studying something I have always wanted, kids love it and we are loving every second of NZ. Good luck to you all.
Sorry - this is a bit off thread

Teebrown - what ya studyin???
just nosey
Old Sep 29th 2009, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks very much for the replies and the wishs of good luck!
I'll keep the people interested informed!!!
Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
Sorry - this is a bit off thread

Teebrown - what ya studyin???
just nosey
Hoping to become a Midwife, always wanted to but being military we were never in a country long enough, so now's my chance at a 'Mature Student'!
Old Sep 29th 2009, 8:40 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Luke & Jo! Soz can't really help with the EOI as we chose to go with an advisor but wanted to wish you the best of luck with it!
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

I have read in Aus and NZ magazine about these advisor's.
A good one is worth their weight in gold!

I assume they are fairly expensive!
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by teebrown
Hoping to become a Midwife, always wanted to but being military we were never in a country long enough, so now's my chance at a 'Mature Student'!
Well done in realising another dream.

Thanks for letting me know - really should learn to keep my nose out, but when its this big its hard

Psycho x
Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:13 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

when its this big its hard
[/giggle]
Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well done in realising another dream.

Thanks for letting me know - really should learn to keep my nose out, but when its this big its hard

Psycho x
I don't mind, keep asking away
Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey, printing the EOI form out was a top idea!
Gives you chance to collate the info together, but also gives you chance to look through it all and gain a better idea of what is required.

Cheers for that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.