work permit processing times

Old Oct 29th 2007, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work permit processing times

Originally Posted by redarmy990
cant you get your work permit as you land at airport i thought you could but maybe mistaken. im waiting for my LMO to arrive so cant apply yet good luck everyone
In principal work permits can be applied for at the airport as long as you have all the supporting paperwork such as the positive LMO. The downside is that it's the most stressful process that you could ever imagine going through, since the immigration guys at the airport either don't seem to like the extra work involved or don't have a clue about what is allowed. I really loved the hour long grilling that I had . And this was for employment in Alberta with the world's largest oil services company who are fastidious about following immigration law to the letter.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

daveh123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes thats actually 2 months - D'oh.
We were planning for before Xmas but decided to stay and leave straight after New Year. So much to do!!!
Hope you get there soon also!

Originally Posted by NETTY07
we sent off our wp application 2 wks ago and heard that i need a medical which i was so lucky to get in tommorow at liverpool . cant see us getting to saskatoon before christmas now .
nice one dave , i bet you will be off pretty soon
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

peachgary is an unknown quantity at this point

me and the wife applied for our work permits about 6 weeks ago and with in one week of applying we got a letter asking for extra payment for my child's study permit . We sent that off asap and then the following week we got another letter asking for police reports and that my wife needed to have a medical. My wife had the medical the same week and it was sent off, now were just waiting for our police reports which are due next week in order to get this moving again. I'm predicting late November or December for our WP letters. My point is that CHC London seem to respond quite quickly in my opinion.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peachgary
me and the wife applied for our work permits about 6 weeks ago and with in one week of applying we got a letter asking for extra payment for my child's study permit . We sent that off asap and then the following week we got another letter asking for police reports and that my wife needed to have a medical. My wife had the medical the same week and it was sent off, now were just waiting for our police reports which are due next week in order to get this moving again. I'm predicting late November or December for our WP letters. My point is that CHC London seem to respond quite quickly in my opinion.
Peachgary

Am getting slightly paranoid now! Is your wife a teacher or in health? Why did you need police reports- we don't have any and they weren't on any lists we found?

Gryphea
Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

peachgary is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gryphea
Peachgary

Am getting slightly paranoid now! Is your wife a teacher or in health? Why did you need police reports- we don't have any and they weren't on any lists we found?

Gryphea
I just think its because my wife works as a residential child care officer and
you need police checks all the time for that job .

The letter was misleading as i was not sure if they were asking for one from me but i applied for one any how............

They have had my wife's medical results for about 4 weeks now but we haven't heard any thing back from them yet i just hope they are processing them and not waiting for the police reports before they look at our case again because that would suck big time............
Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peachgary
I just think its because my wife works as a residential child care officer and
you need police checks all the time for that job .

The letter was misleading as i was not sure if they were asking for one from me but i applied for one any how............

They have had my wife's medical results for about 4 weeks now but we haven't heard any thing back from them yet i just hope they are processing them and not waiting for the police reports before they look at our case again because that would suck big time............

Unfortunately a lot about this WP/LMO stuff sucks big time!