work permit processing times

Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:20 pm

dunniflat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work permit processing times

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
Looks like a trip to London will be in order when I submit mine

Sharon
we are now on week 17!
thomas and i travelled overnight on the sleeper train sunday to arrive at chc for monday morning....very uncomfortble by the way and no chance of sleep if you dont have a berth (we didnt!!)
we waited in the long queue to eventually get in, we paid the correct amount for the study permit and expected the work permit to then be released as promised!....no chance.
the lady attending to us was not prepared to go to some other department to get the work permit and said if we waited around london we (MIGHT) get a call to come and collect it .
we did not receive a call and decided by 3pm we would go back to chc and try our luck, they let us in but again we had no success.
so dissapointed, angry to be honest!
so again we are still waiting on this authorisation letter to arrive and wasted £300 on our trip!
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all

Thats so sad we had a brilliant experience they could not have been nicer. I suppose its the luck of the draw, I do hope you get your wp soon I will keep my fingers crossed.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by woodywoodside
Thats so sad we had a brilliant experience they could not have been nicer. I suppose its the luck of the draw, I do hope you get your wp soon I will keep my fingers crossed.
thankyou very much !
good luck with your journey ,you have been so lucky so far !
angela x
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:14 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renee74
I applied for my TWP on the 16.06.07 and i had my medical request on the 30.06.07 i have that booked for the 18.07.07 and had my bloods etc done yesterday! from what i've read that seems quite quick. I hope that once the medical is over that i get my work permit fairly quickly, I'm hoping to start my job as a nurse in north vancouver in october, does anyone out-there think i am being wildly unrealistic? I'll keep you posted about any progress made!!
Hi
Where in north vancouver are you going to work, I'm going to lionsgate hospital, anywhere near you?
Terese
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by dunniflat
we were also told this when we accidentally never sent the lmo!
this could be why it is taking so long for us !
although we do know they got the lmo because they told us the letter was complete except for the study permit!we would have sent the study permit fee at the same time if we had known it was required.we had checked the website and authorities and were led to beleive we did not need a study permit!
Hi
There's just nowhere that its set in print is there?
we applied for a study permit for my 15 year old which is fine , I asked at CHC about my 3 year old and was told that she was far too young for a study permit as she wouldn't start in education for a while
wishing you loads of luck
Terese
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-how.asp#step2

Try this link it gives information on wp and what you need to take with you..
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

renee74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by terese677
Hi
Where in north vancouver are you going to work, I'm going to lionsgate hospital, anywhere near you?
Terese
Yeah, i've got a job at lionsgate too! I'm a psychiatric nurse are you general? My OH is an occupational therapist and we are hoping to live in or close to lonsdale! How long have you been waiting? My OH already had PR when we met and has put off going for as long as possible to see if things would work out for us. He has to go over and activate his visa now though before it runs out, so we are flying out together on 8th of september to find somewhere to live etc.. i have got to come back then and wait for my TWP and study permits for the kids! I hope it isn't going to take too much longer, i have sent the fees for study permit with mine for TWP and have sent everything they asked for, i did recieve a letter saying that they needed a letter of consent from my ex, which we sent back ASAP. I hope that if they required anything else that they would have requested it then!!! We are on week 10 now, they received my medical results 3 weeks ago, so fingers and toes crossed. The lease on my house here runs out on 14th september and after that i am going to stay with my sister until WP letter arrives. All my belongings etc are going to vancouver on the 4th of september, so will be living out of a suitcase. Oh god how stressful is this??

Renee

Last edited by renee74; Aug 15th 2007 at 12:08 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by renee74
Yeah, i've got a job at lionsgate too! I'm a psychiatric nurse are you general? My OH is an occupational therapist and we are hoping to live in or close to lonsdale! How long have you been waiting? My OH already had PR when we met and has put off going for as long as possible to see if things would work out for us. He has to go over and activate his visa now though before it runs out, so we are flying out together on 8th of september to find somewhere to live etc.. i have got to come back then and wait for my TWP and study permits for the kids! I hope it isn't going to take too much longer, i have sent the fees for study permit with mine for TWP and have sent everything they asked for, i did recieve a letter saying that they needed a letter of consent from my ex, which we sent back ASAP. I hope that if they required anything else that they would have requested it then!!! We are on week 10 now, they received my medical results 3 weeks ago, so fingers and toes crossed. The lease on my house here runs out on 14th september and after that i am going to stay with my sister until WP letter arrives. All my belongings etc are going to vancouver on the 4th of september, so will be living out of a suitcase. Oh god how stressful is this??

Renee
Can't believe it renee see you at the hospital!
I'm to work in general ICU and due to start on 1/1/08
we don't know where to head for living, what is lonsdale like, we're looking to rent at first
Terese
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by terese677
Can't believe it renee see you at the hospital!
I'm to work in general ICU and due to start on 1/1/08
we don't know where to head for living, what is lonsdale like, we're looking to rent at first
Terese
we have received our work permit and study permit authorisation letters yesterday........yippeee!!!
we have now booked our flights for next wednesday (22nd august)

our trip to chc for monday morning may have helped after all!!

we feel kind of numb now that we are actually going now !!

angela
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:31 am

ps.
i did not mean to reply to the quote above !i pressed the wrong button!!
too excited about leaving !!
sorry about that!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:56 am
Just Joined

renee74 is an unknown quantity at this point

ps.
i did not mean to reply to the quote above !i pressed the wrong button!!
too excited about leaving !!
sorry about that!
I'm Sooooo pleased for you all! Have watched everyday for some news about your permit. Have a great time! Can't wait for it to be me now, i'm stressed already.......
Renee74
x
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:04 am

we have received our work permit and study permit authorisation letters yesterday........yippeee!!!

angela
Thats fantastic Angela
best of luck
Terese
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:25 am
Dorfus wafflebutt

littletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nice

i will be working in healthcare so i know a medical will be required. is it worth getting this done and sending it with the application for wp rather than wait for them to tell me i need it.
also i saw the posts earlier about registration with professional bodies. It seems the radiography body in ontario will not register me untill i am eligible to live in canada i.e work permit. however registration is required to get a job offer! catch 22.
anyone else had similar problems, hoping it will all come together, sitting exam in may, cant do much till then
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:28 am
Dorfus wafflebutt

littletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nice

apologies just found the answer to medical question on previous thread, need the documentation right?
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:47 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

angela
Congratulations dunniflat...no more waiting on others now...off you go and enjoy the "New Country". Best of wishes form me and OH.

Alison.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.