work permit processing times

Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:15 am
  #76  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,112
Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work permit processing times

Originally Posted by Fisherman Bob
No accommodation sorted out yet, but I am trying to buy a condo in Saskatoon at the moment. Hopefully 5 weeks should be long enough to get it sorted. If not we might have to make use of a few offers of hospitality that we have received from some contacts in Saskatoon!
Ah save the money and take them up on the hospitiality
Member123 is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:36 am
  #77  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 187
dunniflat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work permit processing times

Originally Posted by dunniflat
london received our wp appklication on the 23rd april!
we have now heard back and we should have our authorisation letter in a few days!!
only took over ten weeks !!!!!......too long!
good luck!
WE STILL DONT HAVE WORK PERMIT !!NOW ON WEEK 11!!AAAAAAAAAAAH!
dunniflat is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:34 am
  #78  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 19
roll_69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work permit processing times

Originally Posted by dunniflat
WE STILL DONT HAVE WORK PERMIT !!NOW ON WEEK 11!!AAAAAAAAAAAH!

Mine on 12th weeks now!!!!!!
roll_69 is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:38 am
  #79  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 187
dunniflat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work permit processing times

Originally Posted by roll_69
Mine on 12th weeks now!!!!!!
thats awful!have you had any communication at all?
dunniflat is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:42 am
  #80  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 30
Fisherman Bob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: work permit processing times

do these waiting times have anything to do with the province which you are planning on moving to?

are you guys with the massive waits going to the fashionable provinces?
Fisherman Bob is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:49 am
  #81  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 19
roll_69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work permit processing times

Im heading to Saskatoon...
I've been sending them emails but they haven't reply. The last communication I got from them was when they requested additional blood test last 22nd of June. I've done the blood test on 27th of June, the result was send to CHC on the 29th of June. I haven't heard from them since.
roll_69 is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:25 pm
  #82  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,112
Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work permit processing times

Originally Posted by roll_69
Im heading to Saskatoon...
I've been sending them emails but they haven't reply. The last communication I got from them was when they requested additional blood test last 22nd of June. I've done the blood test on 27th of June, the result was send to CHC on the 29th of June. I haven't heard from them since.
Why did you have to get a blood test for a WP? We are heading to Indian Head and were hoping to get our WP at the POE.
Member123 is offline  
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:48 am
  #83  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 19
roll_69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work permit processing times

Originally Posted by Alvic
Why did you have to get a blood test for a WP? We are heading to Indian Head and were hoping to get our WP at the POE.
I'll be working as a nurse.. Im a type II diabetes and had a history of renal stone(2004). The blood test (creatinine/BUN) was to rule out any other kidney problem.
roll_69 is offline  
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:14 pm
  #84  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 25
renee74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work permit processing times

Originally Posted by roll_69
I'll be working as a nurse.. Im a type II diabetes and had a history of renal stone(2004). The blood test (creatinine/BUN) was to rule out any other kidney problem.
I applied for my TWP on the 16.06.07 and i had my medical request on the 30.06.07 i have that booked for the 18.07.07 and had my bloods etc done yesterday! from what i've read that seems quite quick. I hope that once the medical is over that i get my work permit fairly quickly, I'm hoping to start my job as a nurse in north vancouver in october, does anyone out-there think i am being wildly unrealistic? I'll keep you posted about any progress made!!
renee74 is offline  
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:37 pm
  #85  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 19
roll_69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work permit processing times

Originally Posted by renee74
I applied for my TWP on the 16.06.07 and i had my medical request on the 30.06.07 i have that booked for the 18.07.07 and had my bloods etc done yesterday! from what i've read that seems quite quick. I hope that once the medical is over that i get my work permit fairly quickly, I'm hoping to start my job as a nurse in north vancouver in october, does anyone out-there think i am being wildly unrealistic? I'll keep you posted about any progress made!!
That was surprisingly quick...it took me 6 weeks to have that medical request and until now after my medical last June 5, no signs of that permit:curse: its my 12th weeks now from applcation.
roll_69 is offline  
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:39 pm
  #86  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 19
roll_69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work permit processing times

Originally Posted by dunniflat
WE STILL DONT HAVE WORK PERMIT !!NOW ON WEEK 11!!AAAAAAAAAAAH!
Any luck?
roll_69 is offline  
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:51 pm
  #87  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 25
renee74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work permit processing times

Oooh! That is about 4 - 5 weeks then isn't it since your medicals? My letter said to expect at least 4 weeks after the medical, so hopefully yours will be arriving soon! keep us posted, I wait with bated breath!!!! Did you get given copies of your medical afterwards?? If you did can you apply at the airport on arrival?
renee74 is offline  
Old Jul 13th 2007, 7:48 am
  #88  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 19
roll_69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work permit processing times

Originally Posted by renee74
Oooh! That is about 4 - 5 weeks then isn't it since your medicals? My letter said to expect at least 4 weeks after the medical, so hopefully yours will be arriving soon! keep us posted, I wait with bated breath!!!! Did you get given copies of your medical afterwards?? If you did can you apply at the airport on arrival?
Im not sure if they will be given us results of the medical..anybody had? Im entering my 13th week :curse: Its friday the 13th..no luck.
roll_69 is offline  
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:42 am
  #89  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 6
Ofish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work permit processing times

Good evening to everyone!
I am new in this forum and will be grateful for any advice.Actually I got my job offer letter at the end of May,positive LMO -few weeks ago (for position of nurse) And tomorrow morning I going to apply for the work permit in Tel-Aviv( I am Israeli).
I have a question to roll_69 or to any other nurse(RN).When I have the offer letter and positive LMO,but my registration with the CRNBC(College of registered nurses of British Columbia) is not completed can I apply for the work permit now or it is necessary to complete the registration ?

Thanks a lot.
Ofish is offline  
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:01 am
  #90  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 19
roll_69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work permit processing times

Originally Posted by Ofish
Good evening to everyone!
I am new in this forum and will be grateful for any advice.Actually I got my job offer letter at the end of May,positive LMO -few weeks ago (for position of nurse) And tomorrow morning I going to apply for the work permit in Tel-Aviv( I am Israeli).
I have a question to roll_69 or to any other nurse(RN).When I have the offer letter and positive LMO,but my registration with the CRNBC(College of registered nurses of British Columbia) is not completed can I apply for the work permit now or it is necessary to complete the registration ?

Thanks a lot.
Im not quite sure.. which part you haven't completed with the CRNBC?
roll_69 is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.