Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timelines for Fast Tracked PR Application - Skilled Worker

Timelines for Fast Tracked PR Application - Skilled Worker

Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future
Default Timelines for Fast Tracked PR Application - Skilled Worker

Hi There,

I was just wondering what the processing times are in London for a Skilled Worker PR application to be fast tracked on the grounds of working in Canada on an OWP. We submitted our PR application in December asking it to be fast tracked. We did have a simplified application in from January 2008 so not sure how that affects it.... any suggestions/timelines please??
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of
Default Re: Timelines for Fast Tracked PR Application - Skilled Worker

Originally Posted by Tracywall
Hi There,

I was just wondering what the processing times are in London for a Skilled Worker PR application to be fast tracked on the grounds of working in Canada on an OWP. We submitted our PR application in December asking it to be fast tracked. We did have a simplified application in from January 2008 so not sure how that affects it.... any suggestions/timelines please??
6 - 12 months is the quoted time for arranged employment apps to be processed.

The lawyers I'm using apparently checked with the London office and they told them currently they're getting them done in 6 months. I'm crossing my fingers and everything else that that truly is the case
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lucieg
6 - 12 months is the quoted time for arranged employment apps to be processed.

The lawyers I'm using apparently checked with the London office and they told them currently they're getting them done in 6 months. I'm crossing my fingers and everything else that that truly is the case

Thanks - do you know if you get any kind of acknowledgment from London or whether you just hear for a medical request?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

Thanks - do you know if you get any kind of acknowledgment from London or whether you just hear for a medical request?
Not a clue I'm afraid...I'm right at the beginning of the process!

I would have thought you would still get an AOR letter before your med request...but honestly no idea.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Some people have had AOR's others havent and just received their Med Requests - maybe different officers have different ways.

My friends took around 7-8 months during the summer but was told that they slow down a bit due to study permits ready for the sept deadline.

gaynor
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Some people have had AOR's others havent and just received their Med Requests - maybe different officers have different ways.

My friends took around 7-8 months during the summer but was told that they slow down a bit due to study permits ready for the sept deadline.

gaynor

Thanks - I hope we don't hear anything to be honest until we get the med requests. 6 months would be fab....
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:35 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Sent mine off mid November, I know they've received as it was signed for but as yet I have not heard a thing. I sent them an email 2 weeks ago and still nothing
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Brownstar
Sent mine off mid November, I know they've received as it was signed for but as yet I have not heard a thing. I sent them an email 2 weeks ago and still nothing

We sent ours off week before Christmas. We know they have received it as it was signed for but haven't heard anything. I don't expect to hear anything till maybe mid/end March for medicals (I am hoping anyway). Keep me posted with yours and I'll do the same. Good luck
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

I applied May 2008, application arrived at CIC London 28th May

Medical October

Passport Request last week.

Fed Ex delivery confirmed this morning
Old Jan 30th 2009, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

rossi1 has a spectacular aura aboutrossi1 has a spectacular aura aboutrossi1 has a spectacular aura about

we applied 7 october 2008 and have so far had no AOR, but i did email to ask if they had it as it had been over 3mths and they confirmed this and said that these pr applications were still being dealt with on a prioity basis.

So lets just hope in the next couple of months we see medical request being sent out!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 1:27 pm
passport photo

Hammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PeterF
I applied May 2008, application arrived at CIC London 28th May

Medical October

Passport Request last week.

Fed Ex delivery confirmed this morning
nice one
Old Jan 30th 2009, 1:38 pm
Property Owner

welshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nice

Hi There,

Applied in early May,
Emailed in July as I'd heard nothing from them (got a response confirming fast tracking),
Meds in October,
Passport request in December,
Passports returned last Monday
Old Jan 30th 2009, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshchem
Applied in early May,
Emailed in July as I'd heard nothing from them (got a response confirming fast tracking),
Meds in October,
Passport request in December,
Passports returned last Monday
very similar
Old Jan 30th 2009, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PeterF
very similar

So looks like they are taking around 7 months from start to finish yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee looks like we will probably hear for medicals in May time then. Thanks everyone for your replies so far. I will keep you posted.