British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timelines for Fast Tracked PR Application - Skilled Worker (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timelines-fast-tracked-pr-application-skilled-worker-587728/)

Tracywall Jan 28th 2009 8:24 pm

Timelines for Fast Tracked PR Application - Skilled Worker

Hi There,

I was just wondering what the processing times are in London for a Skilled Worker PR application to be fast tracked on the grounds of working in Canada on an OWP. We submitted our PR application in December asking it to be fast tracked. We did have a simplified application in from January 2008 so not sure how that affects it.... any suggestions/timelines please??

lucieg Jan 28th 2009 8:27 pm

Re: Timelines for Fast Tracked PR Application - Skilled Worker

Originally Posted by Tracywall (Post 7223048)
Hi There,

I was just wondering what the processing times are in London for a Skilled Worker PR application to be fast tracked on the grounds of working in Canada on an OWP. We submitted our PR application in December asking it to be fast tracked. We did have a simplified application in from January 2008 so not sure how that affects it.... any suggestions/timelines please??

6 - 12 months is the quoted time for arranged employment apps to be processed.

The lawyers I'm using apparently checked with the London office and they told them currently they're getting them done in 6 months. I'm crossing my fingers and everything else that that truly is the case

Tracywall Jan 28th 2009 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by lucieg (Post 7223053)
6 - 12 months is the quoted time for arranged employment apps to be processed.

The lawyers I'm using apparently checked with the London office and they told them currently they're getting them done in 6 months. I'm crossing my fingers and everything else that that truly is the case

Thanks - do you know if you get any kind of acknowledgment from London or whether you just hear for a medical request?

lucieg Jan 28th 2009 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Tracywall (Post 7223062)
Thanks - do you know if you get any kind of acknowledgment from London or whether you just hear for a medical request?

Not a clue I'm afraid...I'm right at the beginning of the process!

I would have thought you would still get an AOR letter before your med request...but honestly no idea.

burton bunch Jan 29th 2009 8:13 pm

Some people have had AOR's others havent and just received their Med Requests - maybe different officers have different ways.

My friends took around 7-8 months during the summer but was told that they slow down a bit due to study permits ready for the sept deadline.

gaynor

Tracywall Jan 29th 2009 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 7227131)
Some people have had AOR's others havent and just received their Med Requests - maybe different officers have different ways.

My friends took around 7-8 months during the summer but was told that they slow down a bit due to study permits ready for the sept deadline.

gaynor

Thanks - I hope we don't hear anything to be honest until we get the med requests. 6 months would be fab....

Brownstar Jan 29th 2009 8:35 pm

Sent mine off mid November, I know they've received as it was signed for but as yet I have not heard a thing. I sent them an email 2 weeks ago and still nothing :mad:

Tracywall Jan 29th 2009 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Brownstar (Post 7227201)
Sent mine off mid November, I know they've received as it was signed for but as yet I have not heard a thing. I sent them an email 2 weeks ago and still nothing :mad:

We sent ours off week before Christmas. We know they have received it as it was signed for but haven't heard anything. I don't expect to hear anything till maybe mid/end March for medicals (I am hoping anyway). Keep me posted with yours and I'll do the same. Good luck :)

PeterF Jan 30th 2009 11:32 am

I applied May 2008, application arrived at CIC London 28th May

Medical October

Passport Request last week.

Fed Ex delivery confirmed this morning :)

rossi1 Jan 30th 2009 1:26 pm

we applied 7 october 2008 and have so far had no AOR, but i did email to ask if they had it as it had been over 3mths and they confirmed this and said that these pr applications were still being dealt with on a prioity basis.

So lets just hope in the next couple of months we see medical request being sent out!

Hammy1976 Jan 30th 2009 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by PeterF (Post 7229228)
I applied May 2008, application arrived at CIC London 28th May

Medical October

Passport Request last week.

Fed Ex delivery confirmed this morning :)

nice one :D

welshchem Jan 30th 2009 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Tracywall (Post 7223048)
Hi There,

Applied in early May,
Emailed in July as I'd heard nothing from them (got a response confirming fast tracking),
Meds in October,
Passport request in December,
Passports returned last Monday :)

PeterF Jan 30th 2009 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by welshchem (Post 7229651)
Applied in early May,
Emailed in July as I'd heard nothing from them (got a response confirming fast tracking),
Meds in October,
Passport request in December,
Passports returned last Monday :)

very similar :thumbsup:

Tracywall Jan 30th 2009 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by PeterF (Post 7230333)
very similar :thumbsup:

So looks like they are taking around 7 months from start to finish yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee looks like we will probably hear for medicals in May time then. Thanks everyone for your replies so far. I will keep you posted.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: