Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 24th 2017, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

416 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

From my understanding (the bit under "do not send your passport) you need to include the stamped addressed envelope with the photos you send to London.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mattc24
Just trying to upload documents myself but it seems the service is down at the moment.

A quick query... i have read the letter several times to try and make sense if it all but there is a section that says a self addressed A4 envelope must be included in the package sent by mail but from what i can tell this is only if you are sending everything via mail as opposed to through mycic, am i correct?

Thanks
Matt.
But you can't send your photos by upload, they must be sent by mail.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

HockeyNightInCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Sep 6th Application confirmed received on October� 24,� 2017 at 02:59:56� a.m.� EDT.

No confirmation email yet but now displayed in both GC Key and ECAS; in GC Key it states that application is being processed but ECAS just states received on 6 Sep.

Was able to successfully link this to both Sponsor's and PA's account in that order. This update cam a few hours after calling CIC to request an update on the progress. Like others it looks like the call was enough to prompt them into action.

Can you kindly update the spreadsheet; I'll keep you posted of any further developments - hopefully in the very near future! ;-)
Old Oct 24th 2017, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Mattc24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 416
From my understanding (the bit under "do not send your passport) you need to include the stamped addressed envelope with the photos you send to London.
That's what i thought at first but then the next bullet point below that statement, which is for those using mycic and visa exempt, it says only to send photos?

Matt
Old Oct 24th 2017, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HockeyNightInCanada
Sep 6th Application confirmed received on October� 24,� 2017 at 02:59:56� a.m.� EDT.

No confirmation email yet but now displayed in both GC Key and ECAS; in GC Key it states that application is being processed but ECAS just states received on 6 Sep.

Was able to successfully link this to both Sponsor's and PA's account in that order. This update cam a few hours after calling CIC to request an update on the progress. Like others it looks like the call was enough to prompt them into action.

Can you kindly update the spreadsheet; I'll keep you posted of any further developments - hopefully in the very near future! ;-)
Spreadsheet updated.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Mattc24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
But you can't send your photos by upload, they must be sent by mail.
Sorry for the confusion, yes i will of course be posting my photos to London with the required info written on the back of them, but i am trying find out whether i am supposed to send a self addressed envelope with them or not. The letters from cic are never worded that well i find - i end up confused.

Thanks
Matt.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Spreadsheet updated.
Thank you
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

avjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, my application was received on the 26th September. I created by GCKey but cannot link account. I have tried over numerous days, left gaps between given name etc (I can only use family name, DOB option because I don't have application number etc yet). read the FAQ link and tried couple of them. Any other ideas or will I just have to wait for an email to stay ''in progress'' :-)
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by avjoy
Hi, my application was received on the 26th September. I created by GCKey but cannot link account. I have tried over numerous days, left gaps between given name etc (I can only use family name, DOB option because I don't have application number etc yet). read the FAQ link and tried couple of them. Any other ideas or will I just have to wait for an email to stay ''in progress'' :-)
I was unable to link my account until CIC had actually created a UCI for my spouse and given her an application number, however I was able to link it before the AOR1 email arrived.

My own UCI could also not be found in relation to the application on ECAS.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

avjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond repute

I was unable to link my account until CIC had actually created a UCI for my spouse and given her an application number, however I was able to link it before the AOR1 email arrived.

My own UCI could also not be found in relation to the application on ECAS.
Hi, thanks for confirming. I signed up for the text service and received acknowledgment that it was received - I assume this isn't the AOR and I still need to wait for an email? Did your spouse just ring to be given her application number?
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by avjoy
Hi, thanks for confirming. I signed up for the text service and received acknowledgment that it was received - I assume this isn't the AOR and I still need to wait for an email? Did your spouse just ring to be given her application number?
The text/SMS is not confirmation of AOR1 just a warm and fuzzy that it has reached the correct destination.

I called and was told they had opened our file but not yet started processing it so the very nice lady on the other end of the phone was unable (or unwilling) to give me my Spouse's UCI and/or application number although others have had this info given over the phone.

As per the others that had called before me, my account could be linked within a couple of hours and I received the AOR1 email the next day (overnight). Maybe the prompt worked!
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

The text/SMS is not confirmation of AOR1 just a warm and fuzzy that it has reached the correct destination.

I called and was told they had opened our file but not yet started processing it so the very nice lady on the other end of the phone was unable (or unwilling) to give me my Spouse's UCI and/or application number although others have had this info given over the phone.

As per the others that had called before me, my account could be linked within a couple of hours and I received the AOR1 email the next day (overnight). Maybe the prompt worked!
Ok perfect, understand now. Thanks for the quick response. Hope all goes well (and quickly for you)
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Ok perfect, understand now. Thanks for the quick response. Hope all goes well (and quickly for you)
Old Oct 25th 2017, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mattc24
Sorry for the confusion, yes i will of course be posting my photos to London with the required info written on the back of them, but i am trying find out whether i am supposed to send a self addressed envelope with them or not. The letters from cic are never worded that well i find - i end up confused.

Thanks
Matt.
Have they asked for a stamped addressed envelope in the letter? If so, then send one - not worth worrying about for the sake of £2 or so for an envelope and stamps at this stage!
Old Oct 26th 2017, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

EngCan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I know there have been posts about linking accounts but I can't seem to find the answer.

Do I, the sponsor use my details, (passport # and such), or is it the applicant details (my husband who is applying for permanent residence)?
Also does it matter if it's under my account or his account?
We can't seem to get it to link either way. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Robyn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.