Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 27th 2017, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

HockeyNightInCanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Received the request via GC Key to submit Medical for the PA and dependents today (27 Oct). Can you kindly add that to the spreadsheet?

Thanks
Old Oct 28th 2017, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Mattc24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AshMyl
I have gone to that page, but I can't find where to upload the document, nor can I remember where or what I did the last time. feeling stupid!
I wouldn’t worry. There are plenty of posts on here with people having the same problem. The advice given is to simply post it all to London with a covering letter. I have done this, even though I was able to upload my passport photo copy I still included a hard copy just in case as hurlabrick suggested.

Matt
Old Oct 28th 2017, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HockeyNightInCanada
Received the request via GC Key to submit Medical for the PA and dependents today (27 Oct). Can you kindly add that to the spreadsheet?

Thanks
Spreadsheet updated. Thanks
Old Oct 28th 2017, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

We seem to be moving at a nice pace now; received the standard Sponsor approval email to me (the sponsor) this morning although no updates as of yet in GC Key and ECAS for PA.

The email states to expect the request within 5 days for the PCC, medicals and Schedule A.
Old Oct 28th 2017, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

We seem to be moving at a nice pace now; received the standard Sponsor approval email to me (the sponsor) this morning although no updates as of yet in GC Key and ECAS for PA.

The email states to expect the request within 5 days for the PCC, medicals and Schedule A.
That's fantastic news, congratulations! Spreadsheet updated.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

amyg339 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an update for my timeline my medical was passed 13th September and we found out Friday 27th October that our application has been sent to London office for processing
Old Oct 31st 2017, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by amyg339
Just an update for my timeline my medical was passed 13th September and we found out Friday 27th October that our application has been sent to London office for processing
It inches along doesn't it! Spreadsheet updated, thank you.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
It inches along doesn't it! Spreadsheet updated, thank you.
Slowly but surely!

Just out of curiosity, I'm going to Canada 26th December, is there usually any problems crossing the border when you have An application for PR in process?
Old Oct 31st 2017, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by amyg339
Slowly but surely!

Just out of curiosity, I'm going to Canada 26th December, is there usually any problems crossing the border when you have An application for PR in process?
I assume you are British and just planning a short trip (i.e. not looking to land under 'dual intent')?

If so, then all you will need is a ETA taken out in advance (otherwise they won't let you on the plane!). You should then land as a visitor and simply tell the CBSA agent that this is a short vacation or whatever.

It is not impossible, but I suspect that it is highly unlikely that you will have your CoPR by then I am afraid!
Old Oct 31st 2017, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

I assume you are British and just planning a short trip (i.e. not looking to land under 'dual intent')?

If so, then all you will need is a ETA taken out in advance (otherwise they won't let you on the plane!). You should then land as a visitor and simply tell the CBSA agent that this is a short vacation or whatever.

It is not impossible, but I suspect that it is highly unlikely that you will have your CoPR by then I am afraid!

Thank you. I am British yes, and just going for a week to see the other half. And the snail pace we've been going out I highly doubt any time this year
Old Oct 31st 2017, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

Good evening all,

GC Key updated this evening (31 Oct) to request the Schedule A and PCC certificate; both now submitted successfully via GC Key.

Last night (30 Oct) the formal message/letter came through GC Key to the PA to link their account and confirm SA to them; both had already been done as per the dates previously submitted through Sponsor communication.

Medicals booked for this coming Friday. Happy that it all appears to be moving along nicely now after a slow start.

Can you kindly add the relevant dates to the spreadsheet? Thank you in advance.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Beardyman is an unknown quantity at this point

It’s damn exciting when you have just sent off your application and seeing all these promising updates.

With the medical is there anything anyone could be worried about? I saw somewhere that with spousal sponsorship there is nothing to worry about with medicals, is that true?
Old Oct 31st 2017, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good evening all,

GC Key updated this evening (31 Oct) to request the Schedule A and PCC certificate; both now submitted successfully via GC Key.

Last night (30 Oct) the formal message/letter came through GC Key to the PA to link their account and confirm SA to them; both had already been done as per the dates previously submitted through Sponsor communication.

Medicals booked for this coming Friday. Happy that it all appears to be moving along nicely now after a slow start.

Can you kindly add the relevant dates to the spreadsheet? Thank you in advance.
Spreadsheet updated.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beardyman
It’s damn exciting when you have just sent off your application and seeing all these promising updates.

With the medical is there anything anyone could be worried about? I saw somewhere that with spousal sponsorship there is nothing to worry about with medicals, is that true?
Yes, pretty much true, unless the PA's medical condition is 'excessive demand' (or something like that). So maybe if they are on permanent renal dialysis or an expensive ongoing condition (not the expert here).
Old Nov 1st 2017, 4:35 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, pretty much true, unless the PA's medical condition is 'excessive demand' (or something like that). So maybe if they are on permanent renal dialysis or an expensive ongoing condition (not the expert here).
Spousal applicants are excessive demand exempt. Excessive demand on health and social services
Exemptions from inadmissibility on grounds of excessive demand

As per paragraphs R24, R117(g) and R139(4), excessive demand determinations under A38(1)(c) do not apply to:

spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner
a dependent child (including an adopted a child) of the sponsor, or of the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;
Convention Refugees;
protected persons.

Although such individuals must undertake a full immigration medical examination, they are not assessed for excessive demand.
However, there is also " likely to be a danger to public health or public safety" - Danger to Public Health or Public Safety which there is no exemption for.

As to the original question, the Panel Physicians handbook (with details of the medical proceedure) can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...book/index.asp

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 1st 2017 at 4:38 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.