Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 26th 2016, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

P4rv1n is on a distinguished road
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by rtoddpm
Question about landing if anyone can help.

I'm planning on doing my landing trip in June, applying for my SIN whilst in Canada, and returning to the UK after day or two and then we are going to move properly at the end of the year.

My question is, if I get a flight with a connection (I'm looking at London - Ottawa via St.Johns), will I activate my PR at St.Johns? I'm asking to know whether I should look for a flight with a longer connecting time to allow everything to get processed.
I did a quick trip (overnight) to toronto, in all it took just under 2 hours from getting off the plane, b-lining it to the first immigration point, got through within minutes, but the second immigration point i had about 10-15 people infront of me (most families), safe side do a longer connection.

Good luck with everything
Old Apr 26th 2016, 4:55 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rtoddpm
Question about landing if anyone can help.

I'm planning on doing my landing trip in June, applying for my SIN whilst in Canada, and returning to the UK after day or two and then we are going to move properly at the end of the year.

My question is, if I get a flight with a connection (I'm looking at London - Ottawa via St.Johns), will I activate my PR at St.Johns? I'm asking to know whether I should look for a flight with a longer connecting time to allow everything to get processed.
You activate your PR (COPR) at your 1st port of entry and I would definitely look for a flight with a decent length of time from landing there and before your onward connection.

Congrats, by the way!!

Old Apr 26th 2016, 9:50 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dorabug
Yesterday we received an email from CIC 'CPCO Final Request' with instructions to submit my husband's passport/copy of for the final step in for PR. I am slightly confused as I was only approved to sponsor on the 15th of April. Is this really a final step?!?

I am sure this have been covered but I can't seem to find where I read it, as a UK citizen do we submit the passport or photocopy for this step?
Should be just a copy as FL said. I would have said it's early for that since you only got SA two weeks ago, but generally the PPR is the equivalent of DM, especially since the email even referenced Final Request... so perhaps congrats, I think? Send off the passport and you *should* have COPR in the next few weeks...!!
Old Apr 27th 2016, 6:50 am
Just Joined

dorabug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Should be just a copy as FL said. I would have said it's early for that since you only got SA two weeks ago, but generally the PPR is the equivalent of DM, especially since the email even referenced Final Request... so perhaps congrats, I think? Send off the passport and you *should* have COPR in the next few weeks...!!
Thanks SchnookoLoly, I can't quite believe that this is DM, so I won't fully believe it until we have COPR! I credit your fantastic post on how you structured your application and the table of contents example on getting us this far!
Old Apr 27th 2016, 7:52 am
Just Joined

EcoShaun is an unknown quantity at this point

I also received the same Email as dorabug, yesterday.

I believe for British Citizens it's just a photocopy of the passport - plus the photos and other paperwork.

Last edited by EcoShaun; Apr 27th 2016 at 7:58 am.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 8:10 am
Just Joined

dorabug is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for confirming EcoShaun and congrats to you!
Old Apr 27th 2016, 10:57 am
Just Joined

rossd01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all!

Relative newbie here! That's my spousal sponsorship application in so wondering if I can get added to the spreadsheet? My details are:

Common Law Spousal sponsorship: Sponsor = Canadian, Sponsored Person = British.
Application sent: April 12th 2016 from within Canada whilst on holiday, however we live in the UK and all particulars relate to our UK address.
Application received in Mississauga: April 13th 2016.
Full Medical included with Application.
No criminal record, no kids.
Current Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Is that enough to go on?

Thanks!

Ross

Last edited by rossd01; Apr 27th 2016 at 11:01 am.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 1:12 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

EcoShaun, congrats, updated!

rossd01, added!
Old Apr 27th 2016, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

williamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond repute

Says on the website that - 'PM sent asking for update 26-Apr.' We did not get any private message so can't reply to it. However, we have nothing to add to our information.....sadly.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 8:04 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by williamceri
Says on the website that - 'PM sent asking for update 26-Apr.' We did not get any private message so can't reply to it. However, we have nothing to add to our information.....sadly.
Whoops, I must have put that on the wrong line, sorry! I was blitzing old applicants yesterday and today and we use the notes column when we do individual chasers. I obviously don't worry about names I recognize who post frequently. I'll go fix that up! Thanks for pointing it out!

(I did mark about 20 people as having DM in the past two days who either didn't post on here or the equivalent at CV, or whose posts were just missed!)

Edit... just went to update that... why do I not see you on the spreadsheet?! Am I being blind?!

Last edited by SchnookoLoly; Apr 27th 2016 at 8:06 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

williamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Whoops, I must have put that on the wrong line, sorry! I was blitzing old applicants yesterday and today and we use the notes column when we do individual chasers. I obviously don't worry about names I recognize who post frequently. I'll go fix that up! Thanks for pointing it out!

(I did mark about 20 people as having DM in the past two days who either didn't post on here or the equivalent at CV, or whose posts were just missed!)

Edit... just went to update that... why do I not see you on the spreadsheet?! Am I being blind?!
We posted 4th August - Harris.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 9:42 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by williamceri
We posted 4th August - Harris.
Ahhhhh ok I didn't realize there were two names there... in which case the PM is still accurate, as I sent it to harris haha.

I've updated the username to reflect both names!
Old Apr 29th 2016, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Bexleybuttler is an unknown quantity at this point

Sooo London applications still moving at the pace of a snail then.....

Come on we are so so so frustrated.... Its just so annoying having herd noting since December AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

toeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond repute

All good things come to those that wait!

I don't think London is going any slower than usual just that Ottawa is super quick at the moment! A bit like London was to end last year.

So we weren't lucky enough to have our applications sent to Ottawa for processing.

Our time will come and we should have exactly the same status as those that were processed earlier possess.

I think London is processing several of the late summer and fall 2015 applicants right now!

I'm sure your wait is nearing its end.

I applied in Feb and assumed that if it was dealt with before the year's end it would be a bonus. So, some others were lucky and were dealt with by a speedier office, good for them - not woe is me!

I hope your news is good when it does arrive.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 3:38 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toeknee
All good things come to those that wait!

I don't think London is going any slower than usual just that Ottawa is super quick at the moment! A bit like London was to end last year.

So we weren't lucky enough to have our applications sent to Ottawa for processing.

Our time will come and we should have exactly the same status as those that were processed earlier possess.

I think London is processing several of the late summer and fall 2015 applicants right now!

I'm sure your wait is nearing its end.

I applied in Feb and assumed that if it was dealt with before the year's end it would be a bonus. So, some others were lucky and were dealt with by a speedier office, good for them - not woe is me!

I hope your news is good when it does arrive.

What a wonderfully balanced post - thank you.

Whilst we all understand that these things can be frustrating for some at times, it is so good to have a post from someone who understands that 'it is what it is' and it takes the time that it does.. thanks again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.