Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 20th 2016, 7:54 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Odd_Bloke
Hello!

Thought I'd let you know how we're getting on, so my details can be added to the spreadsheet.

My/our application was received by CIC on 2016/02/04, and we were notified of my wife's approval as a sponsor in a letter dated March 18, 2016. The application has been assigned to the London office.

My part is still "Application Received" on ECAS, but it looks like the earliest that would be updated is Tuesday anyway.

Cheers,

Dan
Hello! Just need to know where you're located, closest major city is fine, then we can add you in!
Old Mar 21st 2016, 10:10 am
Just Joined

rtoddpm is an unknown quantity at this point

Update for the spreadsheet - PR application status is now 'In Process' as of 21/3/2016
Old Mar 21st 2016, 2:50 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Updated! Woo!
Old Mar 21st 2016, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Odd_Bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Hello! Just need to know where you're located, closest major city is fine, then we can add you in!
Peterborough, UK.
Old Mar 21st 2016, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

LHaywood1 is an unknown quantity at this point

This may be a daft question but Ottawa have requested we send them a completed common law declaration. There is one question on the declaration I'm not sure about.

"jointly own property other than our residence" does this mean things such as household items ect?

Apologies if I'm being dumb!
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

adfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LHaywood1
This may be a daft question but Ottawa have requested we send them a completed common law declaration. There is one question on the declaration I'm not sure about.

"jointly own property other than our residence" does this mean things such as household items ect?

Apologies if I'm being dumb!
I've not filled that out myself, but I think it means residential property; Houses, flats, land, commercial locations etc.

That's how I read it
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 2:40 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Odd_Bloke
Peterborough, UK.
Added to the spreadsheet,
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 4:22 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by adfletch83
I've not filled that out myself, but I think it means residential property; Houses, flats, land, commercial locations etc.

That's how I read it
That's also how I read it. Can't say 100% for sure but that would be my interpretation as well.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Odd_Bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Princesstigger
Added to the spreadsheet,
Thanks!
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 5:33 pm
Mon Dieu!

Kingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant future

Update on my application.

As we are applying to reside in Quebec we had to go through the MIDI - for the CSQ and Undertaking once we received the acknowledgment from CIC etc. Quebec MIDI responded on the 29th Feb saying that my wife is approved as a sponsor, still reads 'In process' on the CIC website but I'm sure that takes a while to change.

Now as everything has been paid upfront and Medical/Police were done Upfront in July last year, just waiting on London to shift into action as CIC and Quebec are happy.

If you would be so kind as to update the spreadsheet, we appreciate all that you are doing!
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

BelBris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! Just to say that we got sponsorship approval today! The application had been forwarded to London!

Old Mar 22nd 2016, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

dunno is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if i should post it here or not, but i have a question about our decision made email and the steps to get COPR. My partner is a British Citizen and so is not exempt from the ETA thing. That said, he will be a permanent resident of Canada which would make him exempt from the ETA.
So in light of this, is he exempt or not? Does he submit his whole passport to the Visa Application Centre in London (because he is not exempt) or does he submit photocopies of the relevant passport photo pages to the High Commission in London because he is exempt?
As you can see, we are confused and your help is greatly appreciated…
Thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 7:14 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by dunno
Not sure if i should post it here or not, but i have a question about our decision made email and the steps to get COPR. My partner is a British Citizen and so is not exempt from the ETA thing. That said, he will be a permanent resident of Canada which would make him exempt from the ETA.
So in light of this, is he exempt or not? Does he submit his whole passport to the Visa Application Centre in London (because he is not exempt) or does he submit photocopies of the relevant passport photo pages to the High Commission in London because he is exempt?
As you can see, we are confused and your help is greatly appreciated…
Thanks
LOL.

Okay, so your partner is visa-exempt, so IF CIC requests the passport (and they may not) they'll just ask for a colour copy of the entire passport, including the blank pages.

eTA is not a visa, it's just a preclearance check thing. Your partner will have to have an eTA to board the airplane even if he has his COPR in hand because at the point he gets on the plane he is *NOT* a PR of Canada. Once he lands and activates his PR then he no longer requires an eTA to travel to Canada. (PRs are not allowed to apply for an eTA anyway!)

Does that clear it up?

THere's also a whole section about eTA in the FAQ that I added that might also give you some more information.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

dunno is an unknown quantity at this point

With your post and the faq, we are slowly but surely understanding the whole situation. Thanks so much for your help as the whole bloody thing was driving us a bit crazy!
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

d1ffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Update - Just received my email from CIC for "CPOC-FinalRequest"! Whoop!

I do have one question. Do I need to pay from anything on the VAC website? Or can I just post my letter and passport straight to London?

d1ffer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.