Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 28th 2016, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

bananabread is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Ok so I finally cracked into the online system to get my application status! It turns out we were sent an email in November but we never saw the email! So frustrating - we regularly check our junk mail folders as well, but my husband (applicant) must have missed it and now it's trashed. Any thought as to how to go about asking for them to re-send an email? (Husband is getting a talking to when I get home!)
Old Jan 28th 2016, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Bexleybuttler is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You could, but you'd be wrong - no bonuses at CIC!

Ohh so it is just a coincidence that loads of people got DM in November and January.. As i have a vested interest i have been watching the spreadsheet like a hawk and all movement appears to have ground to a halt on the DM front since January first.... does this happen every year in peoples experience?
Old Jan 28th 2016, 1:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bexleybuttler
Ohh so it is just a coincidence that loads of people got DM in November and January.. As i have a vested interest i have been watching the spreadsheet like a hawk and all movement appears to have ground to a halt on the DM front since January first.... does this happen every year in peoples experience?
Yes, just because of the holiday season, so CIC will be on catch up after lots of their staff have been off work for 2 or 3 weeks.

Same happens in the summer too.

HTH.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

LHaywood1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Called CIC today as app is now over the processing times for SA. They stated the letter was sent out today, when asked why it wasn't sent by email apparently they don't have my fiancés email on file even though I've just double checked and the email field was filled in on all the forms... anyway its on its way and should take 5-10 days. Will let you know the processing office when I get the letter
Old Jan 29th 2016, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

CReg91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Admins,

My application is now 'In Process' as of January 27th 2016.

Also I had my medical on October 21st 2015.

Very relieved to finally hear from CIC!
Old Jan 29th 2016, 4:35 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CReg91
Hi Admins,

My application is now 'In Process' as of January 27th 2016.

Also I had my medical on October 21st 2015.

Very relieved to finally hear from CIC!
Have you gotten your sponsor approval through yet?

Updated.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

CReg91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ermmm nooooo... doesn't look like it. So I suppose when it says 'In process' it means for sponsor approval, which I now realise isn't useful for the spreadsheet! Sorry

I'll get back to you with the right information next time!

Thanks for updating
Old Jan 29th 2016, 7:15 pm
Account Closed

monkeyswithpassports is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi forumers!

I've just joined now, although I've been a huge fan of this thread and the timeline spreadsheet for quite awhile now. It's a great comfort to know that we're not alone in our common quest.

I'd like to be added to the spreadsheet, please:

Applied as: Conjugal Partners
Application received in Mississauga: 2 December 2015
Current location: Glasgow, UK
Medical exam date: 4 November 2015

And now back to staring out the window, waiting for the mailman.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 10:02 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monkeyswithpassports
Hi forumers!

I've just joined now, although I've been a huge fan of this thread and the timeline spreadsheet for quite awhile now. It's a great comfort to know that we're not alone in our common quest.

I'd like to be added to the spreadsheet, please:

Applied as: Conjugal Partners
Application received in Mississauga: 2 December 2015
Current location: Glasgow, UK
Medical exam date: 4 November 2015

And now back to staring out the window, waiting for the mailman.
Errrrrr, conjugal? On what grounds? There is a 99.999999999% chance you will be denied... conjugal is for couples who literally - often legally - cannot be together, it is expressly NOT for couples who, say, can't get a work visa, because there's ntohing to stop you from visiting the other one and getting married... what reasons did you give for why you aren't common-law or married?

In an case, I've added you, but depending on your response, it is probably going ot be in yoru best interest to withdraw your app and apply as common-law or married.

Read this: Spousal Sponsorship-Canada : British Expat Wiki

Originally Posted by LHaywood1
Front page of ECAS shows as 'In Process' when logged in as the principal applicant, does this mean we have SA? (Currently awaiting for it to arrive in the post) I have never logged in to ECAS until today.
Chances are you are approved as sponsors; unless you have declared bankruptcy or are a criminal you're probably fine. 99.9999% of applicants to sponsor are fine as there are very few criteria to meet. Just sit tight and wait for the letter.
Old Jan 30th 2016, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

Poledragon is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been lurking here for a couple of months, reading everything but haven't really had much to say. However, things are starting to move so I thought I'd weigh in. We're just waiting for my husband's police check to come back then we're posting our spousal sponsor application off. I've already applied for the kids' citizenship certificates, as I'm Canadian, and have sent of my passport for renewal.

Will add the actual dates for the spreadsheets as soon as the lot has been packaged up and sent off. Have to say this place has been an absolute GOLDMINE of information - we would have taken three times as long to do things without the wiki.
Old Jan 31st 2016, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Crayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi just quick one

Is it better to apply by filling out PDF and then printing it out with writing by hand n/a where needed or print it out and fill by hand completely?
Also what do we do with photos, print them as normal and write at the back or better scan/put them in word with descriptions next to/under and print like this with few on page in normal printer and normal paper?

I am the one filling most of our application and stressing that I will waste time and do it wrong:/

If I put on form 1344 that we are married and its asking about my family name is that maiden name or married name?

I don't get also the barcode thing, will worry when I get to the end haha

Last edited by Crayon; Jan 31st 2016 at 10:24 am.
Old Feb 1st 2016, 2:39 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Poledragon
I've been lurking here for a couple of months, reading everything but haven't really had much to say. However, things are starting to move so I thought I'd weigh in. We're just waiting for my husband's police check to come back then we're posting our spousal sponsor application off. I've already applied for the kids' citizenship certificates, as I'm Canadian, and have sent of my passport for renewal.

Will add the actual dates for the spreadsheets as soon as the lot has been packaged up and sent off. Have to say this place has been an absolute GOLDMINE of information - we would have taken three times as long to do things without the wiki.
Welcome, and always good to know that the wiki is useful! Best of luck and let us know when you have applied so we can add you into the spreadsheet!

Originally Posted by Crayon
Hi just quick one

Is it better to apply by filling out PDF and then printing it out with writing by hand n/a where needed or print it out and fill by hand completely?
Doesn't really matter, as long as all answers are clear and legible and complete you'll be fine. (If I'm not mistaken, there are a few parts of the PDF that you can't write what you want to because of text restrictions, so you have to hand-write it after - for example, the bit about dates of where you've lived, for FROM and TO... for TO, most people just leave it blank when they fill the PDF, then hand-write "PRESENT" into the box since the box is restricted to numeric input.)

Also what do we do with photos, print them as normal and write at the back or better scan/put them in word with descriptions next to/under and print like this with few on page in normal printer and normal paper?
Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki

I am the one filling most of our application and stressing that I will waste time and do it wrong:/
Haha we have all been there! When we were finalizing our package there was one form I think I reprinted 5 times because I kept finding small errors!

If I put on form 1344 that we are married and its asking about my name is that maiden name or married name?
Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki

Fill it in generally with the name you are legally using. If your passport has your married name, then use that. If your passport has your maiden name, use that.

I don't get also the barcode thing, will worry when I get to the end haha
Haha! Once the form is filled out you have to generate a barcode, I think it prints one extra page with a bunch of barcodes on it. You have to have a minimum amount of the PDF file filled in to get the barcodes, I believe. (Going on very fuzzy memory here!) It'll make sense when you get there.
Old Feb 1st 2016, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

danbsword is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Just wanted to add my Spousal application to the spreadsheet.

Application received in Mississauga: Dec 11 2015
Common-Law (CL) / Married (M): Married
Location(City, Country): Northampton, UK
Notes: Meds Completed and submitted October 8th 2015
Old Feb 1st 2016, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

adfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond repute

"I don't get also the barcode thing, will worry when I get to the end haha
Haha!

Once the form is filled out you have to generate a barcode, I think it prints one extra page with a bunch of barcodes on it. You have to have a minimum amount of the PDF file filled in to get the barcodes, I believe. (Going on very fuzzy memory here!) It'll make sense when you get there. "

Yes, once you've filled out all 3 pages of IMM008 fully and completely, you press 'validate' and it adds a page 4,5 and 6. Pages 4 and 5 have barcodes on them. 6 has a disclaimer that you have to sign.

I had problems with this, as after I pressed validate I got the extra pages, but the barcodes didn't show. Each barcode was labelled by a name. I could see where the barcodes should be, but they weren't there. After some fiddling and forum searching, I found that I had to remove Adobe Acrobat Reader, then download an earlier version of it from a download website, this seemed to work. Hopefully you wont run into that problem.

Good luck
Old Feb 1st 2016, 5:52 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by danbsword
Hi,

Just wanted to add my Spousal application to the spreadsheet.

Application received in Mississauga: Dec 11 2015
Common-Law (CL) / Married (M): Married
Location(City, Country): Northampton, UK
Notes: Meds Completed and submitted October 8th 2015
Welcome, added!! Happy waiting game!

Originally Posted by adfletch83
"I don't get also the barcode thing, will worry when I get to the end haha
Haha!

Once the form is filled out you have to generate a barcode, I think it prints one extra page with a bunch of barcodes on it. You have to have a minimum amount of the PDF file filled in to get the barcodes, I believe. (Going on very fuzzy memory here!) It'll make sense when you get there. "

Yes, once you've filled out all 3 pages of IMM008 fully and completely, you press 'validate' and it adds a page 4,5 and 6. Pages 4 and 5 have barcodes on them. 6 has a disclaimer that you have to sign.

I had problems with this, as after I pressed validate I got the extra pages, but the barcodes didn't show. Each barcode was labelled by a name. I could see where the barcodes should be, but they weren't there. After some fiddling and forum searching, I found that I had to remove Adobe Acrobat Reader, then download an earlier version of it from a download website, this seemed to work. Hopefully you wont run into that problem.

Good luck
Oh awesome, thanks. I will add this to my growing list of things to update in the FAQ.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.