Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Sep 25th 2015, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Skyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
Can you provide the principal applicant's current location? Closest city is fine. Also can you confirm if the principal applicant is visa exempt (meaning they do not need a visa to enter Canada).

Andrew,

Closest city I guess is London for me. I do not need a visa to enter Canada. My wife is sponsor and she is Canadian, she lives in Victoria BC.
Old Sep 25th 2015, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, added.
Old Sep 25th 2015, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

TVonk is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent off our application today! should I wait until the application has been received to provide info for the spreadsheet?
Old Sep 25th 2015, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, once you get confirmation Mississauga has received it please post the following:

-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!
Old Sep 25th 2015, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

hroberts44 is an unknown quantity at this point

COPR received in the post today! We are off to St. Pierre & Miquelon next week (which is proving more difficult than expected as the ferry doesn't run that often this time of year it seems!) so it looks like the end of our journey in this thread...!

Thanks so much to everyone for the information and support - the spreadsheet in particular is so helpful and really allowed me to maintain some semblance of patience throughout this process so big big thanks to SchnookoLoly and AndrewBrit for keeping it updated!!
Old Sep 25th 2015, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hroberts44
COPR received in the post today! We are off to St. Pierre & Miquelon next week (which is proving more difficult than expected as the ferry doesn't run that often this time of year it seems!) so it looks like the end of our journey in this thread...!

Thanks so much to everyone for the information and support - the spreadsheet in particular is so helpful and really allowed me to maintain some semblance of patience throughout this process so big big thanks to SchnookoLoly and AndrewBrit for keeping it updated!!
Spreadsheet updated, good luck with your landing!
Old Sep 25th 2015, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

AncasterBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I was looking at the spreadsheet. Filtered for all 2014 applicants who were processed in London, who have DM but have NOT yet rcvd COPR. There are a few that had DM in 2014 and early 2015. Have these people simply not bothered to provide date of COPR receipt or are they in fact still waiting ?

I got DM on 24 Aug and am still waiting for my COPR. I just noticed a new line of text in my [principal applicant] eCas status saying:

"We sent you a letter on 17 September, 2015, please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us"

I'm hoping that the letter they have sent is my COPR. Not sure why to would take over a week to get me though !

Last edited by AncasterBrit; Sep 25th 2015 at 9:44 pm. Reason: Corrected date 21 Aug to 24 Aug
Old Sep 25th 2015, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AncasterBrit
I was looking at the spreadsheet. Filtered for all 2014 applicants who were processed in London, who have DM but have NOT yet rcvd COPR. There are a few that had DM in 2014 and early 2015. Have these people simply not bothered to provide date of COPR receipt or are they in fact still waiting ?

I got DM on 21 Aug and am still waiting for my COPR. I just noticed a new line of text in my [principal applicant] eCas status saying:

"We sent you a letter on 17 September, 2015, please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us"

I'm hoping that the letter they have sent is my COPR. Not sure why to would take over a week to get me though !
A lot of people never return to the forum once they have their visa. I send messages to users who have DM but missing a COPR received date and most do not respond.

It can take up to 8 weeks to get your COPR. The visa office does not always issue your visa on the day your file goes DM. Hang tight!
Old Sep 25th 2015, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

AncasterBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
A lot of people never return to the forum once they have their visa. I send messages to users who have DM but missing a COPR received date and most do not respond.

It can take up to 8 weeks to get your COPR. The visa office does not always issue your visa on the day your file goes DM. Hang tight!
Thx Andrew. Its a shame that those people do that as the absence of data detracts from the effectiveness of the spreadsheet on which those very same people relied upon during their wait.
Old Sep 26th 2015, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

harris is an unknown quantity at this point

When you get your first AOR from Mississauga, does it have a number which you use right through the process and for Ecas. Also, is it the number for the principal applicant or the sponsor? I only ask as one of the countries issuing one of my police certificates will only send it to the CIC dealing with my application. Just want to be ahead of things and get it sent as soon as I get the notification.
Old Sep 27th 2015, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Amp34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Princesstigger
Thank you!!!

And just to say again, thank you to everyone on this site for all the help, support and advice. I couldn't have done it on my own without you all.
I echo this.

I went through smoothly last Friday. I think I spent a total of 5 minutes at the desk after waiting about an hour in the queue! Thanks everyone.
Old Sep 28th 2015, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough

My COPR arrived via registered mail to our Canadian address this morning heading to Niagara tomorrow to flagpole. YAY!
Old Sep 28th 2015, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Patterson
My COPR arrived via registered mail to our Canadian address this morning heading to Niagara tomorrow to flagpole. YAY!
Congrats, spreadsheet updated.
Old Sep 28th 2015, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Shoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All,

Just wanted to update you on our 'progress'. I've been 'in process' since January and we assumed it wasn't going to be much longer, so we bought tickets to Toronto. We were wrong and I had to enter on dual-intent. We arrived on the 24th and I was given a 6 month's tourist visa.

The guy who was helping us, looked at my file on his screen and asked me if I actually supplied the CIC with a proof of no criminal record. I did in December, which only proved to me that they haven't touched it yet, which is probably why it's not on file. I only hope they don't ask me to provide it again. It wouldn't be so easy from here.

He reminded me I wasn't allowed to work and I said: 'Of course, unless it's volunteer work, right?' He got up to double-check that and came back saying: "You need to call the CIC. It would depend on the type of volunteer work". He wasn't the friendliest of people but I'm glad I was allowed in, if only for 6 months. Hopefully, the papers won't take that long, but who knows...

Best of luck to all the other London applicants.
Old Sep 28th 2015, 4:15 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Volunteer work is fine as long as it's work that would usually be done by a volunteer. Work at a soup kitchen or charity shop? Cool. Volunteer to be a receptionist or wash dishes? Uncool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.