Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 20th 2015, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Thanks, updated.
Old Oct 20th 2015, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Breakfastnoodle is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to be a pain guys. My Ecas went from "in process" to "decision made" on the 9th of October. What is the process from here? Do I wait for an Email or will o get something by regular mail?
Old Oct 20th 2015, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I do not see you on the spreadsheet breakfastnoodle.

Can you provide the following info:

-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!

The next step should be your COPR in the mail!
Old Oct 20th 2015, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

-Date application received in Mississauga - 4th November 2014
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law - Married
-Date of sponsor approval - 30th January 2015
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email) London
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had - 12th Feb 2015 for more ID photos & 1st September 2015 asking if I have been sick even minor illness and where I've travelled since my medical which was done 15 October 2014
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt - visa exempt (Britiah passport)
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific! - Vancouver, BC.

The next step should be your COPR in the mail![/QUOTE]
Old Oct 20th 2015, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Breakfastnoodle
-Date application received in Mississauga - 4th November 2014
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law - Married
-Date of sponsor approval - 30th January 2015
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email) London
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had - 12th Feb 2015 for more ID photos & 1st September 2015 asking if I have been sick even minor illness and where I've travelled since my medical which was done 15 October 2014
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt - visa exempt (Britiah passport)
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific! - Vancouver, BC.

The next step should be your COPR in the mail!
Thanks, added. One last thing do you know when ECAS updated to In Process?
Old Oct 20th 2015, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
Thanks, added. One last thing do you know when ECAS updated to In Process?
Yes it was the 29th August 2015
Old Oct 20th 2015, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

So you were in process for 41 days and from the request for list of countries visited since medical to decision made it was 38 days. I have been in process for 43 days but it has only been 5 days since LVO requested the list of countries. I sent the list by email, is that what you did? Did they respond at all?
Old Oct 20th 2015, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
So you were in process for 41 days and from the request for list of countries visited since medical to decision made it was 38 days. I have been in process for 43 days but it has only been 5 days since LVO requested the list of countries. I sent the list by email, is that what you did? Did they respond at all?
Yes that's what I did. Just plain and simple and responded to exactly what they asked. I didn't hear a word back from them. Only change was it went to decision made on ECAS. You're nearly there!!👍🏼
Old Oct 20th 2015, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

hologram is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you update me? I went to DM yesterday - 19th Oct
Hopefully not too long of a wait until I get COPR...
Old Oct 20th 2015, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spreadsheet updated hologram, you are the second applicant from Feb 2015 to be approved this week!
Old Oct 20th 2015, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

MKBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm no expert on Canadian politics but I Had a look at the immigration policy for the incoming Liberal government in Canada and with promises such as 'doubling the budget for family class immigration processing, in order to restore processing times to the levels achieved before the Harper decade' hopefully things will improve for some of us on the waiting list.
Old Oct 21st 2015, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

williamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond repute

Does "family class" include spousal applications ?
Have not seen the Liberal manifesto in detail.
Anyone in Canada know ?
Old Oct 21st 2015, 11:39 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, spousal is part of family class. That said, Trudeau may decide only to funnel money into portions of family class, like parent and grandparent etc.
Old Oct 21st 2015, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by williamceri
Does "family class" include spousal applications ?
Have not seen the Liberal manifesto in detail.
Anyone in Canada know ?
From the Liberal Party of Canada platform

We will make it easier for immigrants to build successful lives in Canada, and contribute to the economic success of all Canadians.

Immigration has always been an important part of Canada’s economic growth, but over the past decade, Stephen Harper has turned his back on welcoming those who want to contribute to our country’s success.

We will take immediate steps to reopen Canada’s doors, and will make reuniting families a top priority.

We will immediately double the number of applications allowed for parents and grandparents, to 10,000 each year.

We will also nearly double the budget for processing family class sponsorship. Wait times will come down – which currently average almost four years for parent and grandparent applications.

We will provide more opportunities for applicants who have Canadian siblings by giving additional points under the Express Entry system, and we will restore the maximum age for dependents to 22 from 19, to allow more Canadians to bring their children to Canada.

We will also grant immediate permanent residency to new spouses entering Canada, eliminating the two-year waiting period.
We will give international students and temporary residents credit for time already spent in Canada.

We will make it easier for international students and other temporary residents to become Canadian citizens by restoring the residency time credit. We will also make changes to the Canadian Experience Class, to reduce the barriers to immigration imposed on international students.

Performance will be independently assessed and publicly reported. We will start with the services hardest hit by years of cuts by Stephen Harper: Employment Insurance, veterans’ services, immigration, and EI and CPP appeals.
https://www.liberal.ca/realchange/
Old Oct 21st 2015, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

williamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond repute

" Immediate permanent residency to new spouses entering Canada, eliminating the two year waiting period "

Is this too good to be true ?

What does immediate mean ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.