Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 27th 2015, 1:46 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Oh I know - I just hadn't realized that when posting from the mobile site it didn't include the signature, hence my post looked a bit odd until I got to work and saw it on the full site!

Originally Posted by dillisodhi
No worries - I think most of us have your signature saved in My Favourites!!
Haha excellent! Glad it's helpful!

Last edited by SchnookoLoly; Mar 27th 2015 at 1:50 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

dillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Answered in the faq linked in my signature.
So being an impatient so and so I rang the call centre (I have free calls to Canada!!) to enquire about my AoR. The very helpful Christina quickly confirmed all has been received and uploaded onto their systems. Said she will email the processing guys to give them a little nudge in cracking on. I could actually hear her tapping away on her keyboard while she was talking to me. I'm certainly impressed!
Old Mar 28th 2015, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Emmz28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Would just like to say we received our AoR today via email. Hoping to receive the sponsor approval soon - fingers crossed!!
Old Mar 29th 2015, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmz28
Would just like to say we received our AoR today via email. Hoping to receive the sponsor approval soon - fingers crossed!!
Spreadsheet updated, thanks!
Old Mar 29th 2015, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

jamesalee01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I received my AOR by email on the 26th of March, My application received date in Mississauga is the 4th of Feb according to my AOR.

Can you update the spreadsheet thanks.
Old Mar 29th 2015, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

kazana18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone recommend the optimal time to request a file review?

Our application has been in London for 3 months, with no updates thus far.
We're wondering if we can expect progress on our app at the 6-month mark, or if we should wait longer (9-12 months)?

Does anyone know how many file reviews the CIC allows per application? I don't think we can wait the whole 29months without any updates if it comes to that!
Old Mar 29th 2015, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesalee01
Hi,
I received my AOR by email on the 26th of March, My application received date in Mississauga is the 4th of Feb according to my AOR.

Can you update the spreadsheet thanks.
Spreadsheet updated, thanks!
Old Mar 30th 2015, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazana18

We're wondering if we can expect progress on our app at the 6-month mark, or if we should wait longer (9-12 months)?

Does anyone know how many file reviews the CIC allows per application? I don't think we can wait the whole 29months without any updates if it comes to that!
Definitely not after 3 months anyway, CIC state not too bother them until after the listed processing times.

When i applied they stated 11 months (as far as i am concerned i haven't seen the 29 months lol) so i will be chasing up after that.

You can go ahead and call up and ask the status of your app but i doubt you will get anywhere until at least 12 month mark.
Old Mar 30th 2015, 12:38 pm
mec
Forum Regular

mec will become famous soon enough

Yes, agree no point asking for an update now. You have a long way to go. Just keep an eye on the forum/spreadsheet to give you some confidence things are ticking over and eventually they'll get to it.

I received my SA 11 months ago today and I'm still waiting for an update.

Last edited by mec; Mar 30th 2015 at 2:07 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2015, 1:41 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

There's about a zillion posts in this thread talking about some "spreadsheet" or something... literally the posts both before and after yours reference this elusive "spreadsheet"... you'll find it linked in the signatures of both me and andrew-brit. That will give you an idea of timelines, when to expect to hear, etc. And on the cover page in a big red box there's an explanation of the 29 month thing. I know you are anxious to get your approval through, but doing even 10 seconds of your own research would answer this.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

DYOUNG77 is an unknown quantity at this point

*for the spreadsheet*
Married, applying from outside Canada. Date application submitted to Missisuaga approx. May 28 2014, received by Missisuaga June 6th 2014. Date of sponsorship approval July 31st 2014. Nothing since. Wasn't constantly checking CIC website for updates, as soon as we got the email to say the sponsor stage had been approved the details were on the system and it said the medical had been received. On my section it just says application received it doesn't say 'in process.'
I did have a 1 year exclusion order for an accidental overstay issued on April 26th 2014. I applied for the ARC, CIC website states the arc will be dealt with as part of the PR application. I did get an email on March 26th to say the ARC wasn't granted but I didn't expect it to be at this late stage as the exclusion order will be up in 4 weeks. As they've looked at the ARC I'm assuming they may be currently processing the PR application.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 2:02 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by DYOUNG77
*for the spreadsheet*
Married, applying from outside Canada. Date application submitted to Missisuaga approx. May 28 2014, received by Missisuaga June 6th 2014. Date of sponsorship approval July 31st 2014. Nothing since. Wasn't constantly checking CIC website for updates, as soon as we got the email to say the sponsor stage had been approved the details were on the system and it said the medical had been received. On my section it just says application received it doesn't say 'in process.'
I did have a 1 year exclusion order for an accidental overstay issued on April 26th 2014. I applied for the ARC, CIC website states the arc will be dealt with as part of the PR application. I did get an email on March 26th to say the ARC wasn't granted but I didn't expect it to be at this late stage as the exclusion order will be up in 4 weeks. As they've looked at the ARC I'm assuming they may be currently processing the PR application.
Added you. Need to know if you applied married or common-law, which office your application was sent to, and where you are currently located.

You're still well wtihin the 11 month average processing time, so it's not strange you haven't heard anything. Your exclusion order probably means you can expect to be on the longer side of average. Just sit tight!
Old Mar 31st 2015, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

I'm married, the application was sent to the London office. Currently in the UK but have a trip to Canada booked between 27th April and 14th July. This trip was booked after I saw the 29 month processing times- before I joined this forum and saw that the processing times should still be within 11 months or so. oops.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 2:30 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by DYOUNG77
I'm married, the application was sent to the London office. Currently in the UK but have a trip to Canada booked between 27th April and 14th July. This trip was booked after I saw the 29 month processing times- before I joined this forum and saw that the processing times should still be within 11 months or so. oops.
Make sure you bring all your relevant proof of application etc with you when you get to Canada. See the Spousal sponsorship wiki article and read the section on Dual Intent.

If yo uare planning on staying in Canada while your application is processing then be sure to change your mailing address with CIC to Canada.

What's your nearest major city of the UK? Trying to get cities in the spreadsheet as it helps with tracking COPR docs.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

I'm living in Preston but Manchester is probably the nearest major city.
I wasn't planning on coming over on April 27th with dual intent, it was just for a temporary visit, I doubt I'd get past border control with dual intent. If I got a letter saying my PR had been approved I'd fly back pack more of my stuff then return and 'land'.
My 1 year exclusion order for over staying ends on April 26th. (I specifically booked a flight with stops in the USA so I have to be back in the UK within 90 days as evidence to show border officers that the trip was for a temporary visit) the problem I have at the moment is locating a departure order.. I have 4 pieces of paper on generic forms from when I got the exclusion order. Nothing saying certificate of departure. One is the exclusion order page 1 outlining why I got the order and page 2 are mine and the officers signatures. and then I have 2 pages which are an additional report signed by an officer. I've torn my room apart looking for a departure order. I got the exclusion order when entering Canada in Quebec for a trip. It came up that I'd previously overstayed. I had to fly straight back to the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.