Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 12th 2015, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Edinburgh - to Calgary (didn't work out) - Now Vancouver
JJHJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Hello, welcome!

I've added you to the spreadsheet.

I'd drop CIC a case-specific email, use the UIC number they provided when they emailed you, and include a copy of the email. Just say that you have applied for sponsorship, and the email says you are sponsoring your wife and daughter, but it should just be your wife as your daughter is already Canadian. If you have a citizenship certificate or a passport, include a scan. If you don't, get moving on applying for it!

Keep us updated, and good luck!

PS: When you check ECAS, try using both your details and your wife's details, and when you put in your wife's birthplace, put England/Scotland/Wales/NI as the birthplace, NOT "United Kingdom and Colonies" or whatever that entry is. : )
Hi,

Many thanks for this. I've tried in vain to find an email address to use for CIC. Any ideas? Or do you suggest I use their online enquiry form?
Thanks.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 1:24 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JJHJ
Hi,

Many thanks for this. I've tried in vain to find an email address to use for CIC. Any ideas? Or do you suggest I use their online enquiry form?
Thanks.
The online form should be fine; the email address I believe is in the guide, or otherwise has been posted quite a few times on this site, and in this thread specifically, but I don't know it offhand. A bit of google-fu might help.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Edinburgh - to Calgary (didn't work out) - Now Vancouver
JJHJ is an unknown quantity at this point

The online form should be fine; the email address I believe is in the guide, or otherwise has been posted quite a few times on this site, and in this thread specifically, but I don't know it offhand. A bit of google-fu might help.
Got it thank you: [email protected]

As you suggested it's in the guide.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

willf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, just curious, ECAS still says application received 3rd July,just before Christmas we noticed that it now says medical results have been received, I did my medical in March 2014, might this mean it's now in process or is this normal?
Thanks.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 4:53 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willf
Hi everyone, just curious, ECAS still says application received 3rd July,just before Christmas we noticed that it now says medical results have been received, I did my medical in March 2014, might this mean it's now in process or is this normal?
Thanks.
You should hear from the CIC soon and the application has already been in process for some time.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 4:54 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
That's normal I think, I've had my medical results message since sept 14'.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

willf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You should hear from the CIC soon and the application has already been in process for some time.
Thanks for that Jim, why do they not change ECAS?
Old Jan 12th 2015, 7:06 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Jim, why do they not change ECAS?
It's a low priority is my guess.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

alfgrimur is an unknown quantity at this point

update from me.

After attending my interview on the 15th in Montreal, where the immigration agent was ready to process me final stage, I advised her of my travel plans over xmas to Asia, so she stopped processing me and recommended I try and send off the last bunch of information and photos to CPC Ottawa. I did this immediately on the 16th and received my COPR on 24th, a nice early present from CPC santa!

On my way back in to Montreal I went through immigration and now I am waiting to receive my card in the post. I became a PR on 06/01/15.

Thank you all for your support and reassurances, especially Schnoolooky and the team responsible for editing and updating the timeline spreadsheet. You rock.

Next up, citizenship...
Old Jan 13th 2015, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by alfgrimur
update from me.

After attending my interview on the 15th in Montreal, where the immigration agent was ready to process me final stage, I advised her of my travel plans over xmas to Asia, so she stopped processing me and recommended I try and send off the last bunch of information and photos to CPC Ottawa. I did this immediately on the 16th and received my COPR on 24th, a nice early present from CPC santa!

On my way back in to Montreal I went through immigration and now I am waiting to receive my card in the post. I became a PR on 06/01/15.

Thank you all for your support and reassurances, especially Schnoolooky and the team responsible for editing and updating the timeline spreadsheet. You rock.

Next up, citizenship...
Good one! Welcome home.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 4:17 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats and welcome! Spreadsheet updated!
Old Jan 13th 2015, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

cberry is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to ask a non-timeline question, but I have a question specific to Outland London Spousal applications so figured this is a good place to ask:

What are the options for paying for an application if applying outland through London? I've seen conflicting advice - the London website suggests that online payment is not accepted, while the CIC website suggests that online payments are accepted for all outland applications. Which of these would be correct?

Fees for the Visa and Immigration Section in London

Guide 3900 - Sponsorship of a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child living outside Canada

Thanks!
Old Jan 13th 2015, 9:26 pm
Concierge

You can definitely pay online, we did!
Old Jan 13th 2015, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

thanks again SchnookoLoly!!!
Old Jan 13th 2015, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

You can definitely pay online, we did!
Is there a time limit between when you can pay, and when you then must submit? We're awaiting our final paperwork, which we are reasonably certain will be together in the next 1-2 weeks. Could we pay immediately if the application won't be lodged for another ~3-4 weeks? We want to minimise risk of any further delays here, hence would like to get payment out of the way asap.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.