Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 24th 2010, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by suze_h
If you ring the CIC call centre they will tell you what the decision is?
Not sure - it says to allow for postal delays before you call in - maybe if it is not here by monday i will try and call. 2 weeks for a letter seems to be such a long time - wish they would email - would save them a fortune!!
Old Nov 24th 2010, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough

It does seem like a long time - I would call them if I were you to relieve some stress! Are you in Canada at the moment?
Old Nov 24th 2010, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Originally Posted by caleo
Hmmm, our decision was made on the 10th Nov, but we have not had the letter yet - 2 weeks - would have hoped for london to be dealing with it now, but no update on Ecas .
Caleo - I think we are maybe a wee bit ahead of you and still not showing as In Process in London... so it does seem to take a bit of time.

We did get the letter within about 7 or 8 days. Maybe the post is getting busier with christmas mail/shipping now tho.... hopefully you get it soon
Old Nov 24th 2010, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

It does seem like a long time - I would call them if I were you to relieve some stress! Are you in Canada at the moment?
No, I am in the UK - will give it till Monday and then call.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Sounds like a good plan, hopefully it will arrive before then. Don't know if you have the number for calling the CIC call centre from outside of Canada but apparently +1 613-944-4000 works. Good luck
Old Nov 24th 2010, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sounds like a good plan, hopefully it will arrive before then. Don't know if you have the number for calling the CIC call centre from outside of Canada but apparently +1 613-944-4000 works. Good luck
Awww, thanks for the number! I was just having a look. Hubby is in Canada till friday, so i might get him to try ringing the number for inside Canada tomorrow. If no joy from that I will call them Monday.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

ste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mrs-G
Caleo - I think we are maybe a wee bit ahead of you and still not showing as In Process in London... so it does seem to take a bit of time.

We did get the letter within about 7 or 8 days. Maybe the post is getting busier with christmas mail/shipping now tho.... hopefully you get it soon
Mrs G I'm now showing as in process in London - i checked using my sponsors details as I'm not showing when i use my Client ID. Have another look and see if they have updated yours.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Originally Posted by ste1234
Mrs G I'm now showing as in process in London - i checked using my sponsors details as I'm not showing when i use my Client ID. Have another look and see if they have updated yours.
Just checked there and definitely nothing. I am the sponsor, so have checked using my name and details with receipt number and also tried with client number. Have tried using Mr-G's d.o.b etc but doesn't recognise it.

Am I missing something.....or maybe they're just not as quick on ours. We do have the added complication of a non-accompanying child, so maybe ours wont go as smoothly.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VW092906
we sent the entire thing to London, with a bank draft. I hope I havent royally mucked this up.
We dropped ours off at the London office too, not realizing that it had to go to Mississauga. They mailed it back to us, with the bankers draft, about a month later with a letter saying it had to go to Mississauga.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hmmm, well hubby has just called them in canada - and was told that ecas is not always strictly right - and they are only processing sponsorship applications up to the 14th now, and they can't tell us anything about ours???

So, their system says a letter was sent out on the 10th, but apparently it might not have?

I am sooooo angry right now, because all we want to know is whether it has been approved and sent to London. The letter was "sent" over 2 weeks ago, so i am sure we would have had it by now?
Old Nov 25th 2010, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Allie73
We dropped ours off at the London office too, not realizing that it had to go to Mississauga. They mailed it back to us, with the bankers draft, about a month later with a letter saying it had to go to Mississauga.
Hi Allie, thanks for letting me know Im not the only one! I hope we get it back soon (its been 6 weeks since they received it). what did you do to get the Bankers draft back into your account? was it a hastle?

Ive been offered my old job back IF I can start in March so were not off to the best start. hope yours is going ok?

Valentina
Old Nov 25th 2010, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by caleo
I am sooooo angry right now, because all we want to know is whether it has been approved and sent to London. The letter was "sent" over 2 weeks ago, so i am sure we would have had it by now?
hope you get your letter soon, seems like you have been waiting and waiting. Its so frustrating that the info they give out doesnt seem to be connected.. fingers crossed for you
Old Nov 25th 2010, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

aghh caleo that's so frustrating for you. Really sorry to hear that I really don't understand it because they obviously have your application otherwise it wouldn't have appeared in ECAS - so why the people at the call centre can't tell you what's happening with it is completely beyond me. On ECAS does it say Decision Made and then 'we sent you a letter regarding the decision on your application....' etc etc? If it does then they must be able to tell you what the decision is!!!
Old Nov 25th 2010, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

aghh caleo that's so frustrating for you. Really sorry to hear that I really don't understand it because they obviously have your application otherwise it wouldn't have appeared in ECAS - so why the people at the call centre can't tell you what's happening with it is completely beyond me. On ECAS does it say Decision Made and then 'we sent you a letter regarding the decision on your application....' etc etc? If it does then they must be able to tell you what the decision is!!!
Yes it does! It says that a decision has been made and a letter was sent to you on the 10th november! It also lists my and my daughters names as the people named to be sponsored!

Soooo frustrating!!
Old Nov 25th 2010, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

I'm keeping fingers firmly crossed that the letter appears in the mail for you tomorrow!! It's ridiculous!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.