Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 4th 2013, 2:47 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by orly
Perhaps a while left to wait yet...not really sure what checks they need to do though lol.

"Good morning,

We are currently in the process of conducting the necessary background/ security checks for this application. We are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the the completion of this procedure. However, we will be in contact when there have been further developments with the processing of your file.

Kind regards,"
At least they're looking at it, which is something!

Our ECAS never changed to "In Process" at all, but my husband got a call at work asking if we had indeed gotten married as our application had said (they managed to miss the email I sent them informing them of this...). Obviously they had opened the application at that point; we had PPR through about 3 weeks after that call. (And ECAS only changed to "Decision Made" 4 days after that!)

Hopefully not too much longer - if I had to guess, you'll have it all sorted by the end of June.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 2:59 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
At least they're looking at it, which is something!

Our ECAS never changed to "In Process" at all, but my husband got a call at work asking if we had indeed gotten married as our application had said (they managed to miss the email I sent them informing them of this...). Obviously they had opened the application at that point; we had PPR through about 3 weeks after that call. (And ECAS only changed to "Decision Made" 4 days after that!)

Hopefully not too much longer - if I had to guess, you'll have it all sorted by the end of June.
They were looking at it back in April when they messaged us for info we'd already given them. So slooooow lol.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Moonchild67 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have today sent London a note (a second note) requesting confirmation that they have received the additional info requested , namely the background check , which was summited originally with application. It was posted from England April 29th. Hope it lands in the right hands , and I am not deemed to be annoying , holding up the process
This part of the waiting , when your so close , but so far , has proven to be the most difficult. My heart goes out to those whom have watched all those around them have decisions made and are still waiting.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 6:06 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot submit the background check. It is not the police certificate but is concerned with international criminality, terrorism etc.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 6:17 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You cannot submit the background check. It is not the police certificate but is concerned with international criminality, terrorism etc.
Any idea who they submit it to? CSIS?

Be news to me if I'm an internationally wanted criminal lol

Last edited by orly; Jun 4th 2013 at 6:20 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 7:22 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

That area is outside the visa service and so they cannot influence the process. CSIS would be one source and foreign entities another. As I have mentioned from time to time few applicants have anything to fear except the unknown quantity of time it may add to the overall process. The more countries one has lived in the longer it can take and for some countries that means years.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 7:38 pm
The ride never ends

Hopefully not long then. Only ever lived in the UK and Canada
Old Jun 4th 2013, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

Moonchild67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to clarify , it was the Schedule A Background/Declaration Form that was asked to be forwarded.....again
Old Jun 5th 2013, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Origin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really nice

Originally Posted by Moonchild67
Just to clarify , it was the Schedule A Background/Declaration Form that was asked to be forwarded.....again
Did they ask for an updated form and / or extra detail covering more years? I had the request to cover from between the last 10 years (as per form) back to when I was 18. Question 8, despite most of it being covered by my educational section in Question 7.

Surely they should just change the form to say tell us about your history back to age 18 rather than give the option of 10 years or that.

I also sent a mail asking for confirmation they received it, but haven't heard anything. Does anyone have any idea how long they should take to reply to me (if at all)?
Old Jun 5th 2013, 3:44 pm

The form instruction is clear to me but the visa officers seem to have decided on something more strict.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The form instruction is clear to me but the visa officers seem to have decided on something more strict.
I wonder if they only ask certain people to go back to 18 years old, and hence they only ask for the last 10 years as standard.

Also in other news, someone on Canada Visa who received sponsorship approval in late Feb received an email in response to a query re the strike and his position in the queue.

He was told that his file is awaiting processing but that he is near the front of the line. Hopefully us 2013 applicants start getting some updates soon! London also confirmed that timelines have hardly been affected at all by recent strike action and that no one is currently on strike at the London consulate.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 4:46 pm

In any case the strike is off for now while negotiations are taking place so god speed!
Old Jun 5th 2013, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

enbee is an unknown quantity at this point

My application was sent in the first week of May and received approval of my sponsor 3 weeks after that. My application has been received in London, fingers crossed for everything going smoothly.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

leighbleigh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello people!
This is my first post on here; my wife and I are looking for some info/assurances!?
I am a Canadian national, living in the UK since I was 2 (28 years!) and am sponsoring my wife of 2 years (a UK national)
Our application was received (sponsorship and the permanent residence) on 10th Sept 2012. I have been approved as a sponsor (decision made 31/10/12)
My wifes PR application went "In process" on 13th March this year, but that is the last we have heard.
We are debating handing in our notices at work very soon, so that once the PR is approved (no reason for it not to be) we can pretty much go.

What do you think? are we mad??!? my wife especially is struggling with the idea of giving notice in case she is rejected....?
Old Jun 5th 2013, 11:54 pm
The ride never ends

Originally Posted by leighbleigh
Hello people!
This is my first post on here; my wife and I are looking for some info/assurances!?
I am a Canadian national, living in the UK since I was 2 (28 years!) and am sponsoring my wife of 2 years (a UK national)
Our application was received (sponsorship and the permanent residence) on 10th Sept 2012. I have been approved as a sponsor (decision made 31/10/12)
My wifes PR application went "In process" on 13th March this year, but that is the last we have heard.
We are debating handing in our notices at work very soon, so that once the PR is approved (no reason for it not to be) we can pretty much go.

What do you think? are we mad??!? my wife especially is struggling with the idea of giving notice in case she is rejected....?
Whats the rush? Just wait for the approval then go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.