Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 7th 2013, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

From PAFSO today: http://www.pafso.com/news_releases.php?newsID=151
Old Jun 8th 2013, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

oopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siouxie
Brain cells?

Congrats!

Your other half is probably just nervous and it's suddenly hit her it's a reality and no longer a 'maybe'. She'll come round in time.

Beer, wine and many brain cells later...thanks Siouxie! The last leg (landing!) is the next thing to plan, before mid November, but mid September would be nice!
Old Jun 8th 2013, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markstimson
I am a bit confused.

Is London Immigration Department on Strike or is it just other staff which are members of the PAFSO? According to Emails received by applicants of london, they were advised that immigration was not affected by the strike. Which I know is not true because I think there has only been about 1 person which has received DM on both forums of Family Class over the last 4 weeks or so, which have received DM....
Old Jun 9th 2013, 12:28 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Visa officers are members of PAFSO. Strikes are rotating.
Old Jun 9th 2013, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Visa officers are members of PAFSO. Strikes are rotating.
Thanks Jim!
Old Jun 9th 2013, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

leighbleigh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys and gals,

What would be the best way to post something to the London embassy? normal delivery or recorded??
Old Jun 9th 2013, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Origin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really nice

Originally Posted by leighbleigh
Hey guys and gals,

What would be the best way to post something to the London embassy? normal delivery or recorded??
When I sent back my extra documents, I did it recorded so it was signed for and I had Proof of Delivery which I then saved a screenshot of for future reference if needed at some point.
Old Jun 9th 2013, 8:26 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Origin
When I sent back my extra documents, I did it recorded so it was signed for and I had Proof of Delivery which I then saved a screenshot of for future reference if needed at some point.
Agreed, I'd send anything recorded otherwise you have no proof that it actually got there in case CIC loses or says they don't have what you sent them (which happens often).
Old Jun 9th 2013, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

My only concern is that recorded means if somebody isnt there when they try to deliver, it goes back to the sorting office till someone can collect. Whereas normal just gets dropped through the letterbox...?
Old Jun 9th 2013, 8:37 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

My only concern is that recorded means if somebody isnt there when they try to deliver, it goes back to the sorting office till someone can collect. Whereas normal just gets dropped through the letterbox...?
There will be someone there - they'll have a courier office that can accept deliveries whenever. Tons and tons and tons of people send things delivered and I don't think anyone has ever posted about items having to be returned. It's not like you're delivering to a residential address - for all intents and purposes you might as well be delivering to a company, and a company usually doesn't have a "letterbox" as such, they'll have a courier desk that can do all kinds of signing.
Old Jun 9th 2013, 8:37 pm
ak9
Forum Regular

ak9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by markstimson
Well done oopsbuddy! FYI you squeaked through before what is now about to be an absolute shit storm of an escalated strike!

The offer was not accepted in this week's talks and it would appear that sadly, the rest of us are now screwed and they've walked off the job.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/with-ha...-job-1.1314237
hard to believe people are so greedy! .... they have no idea how great they have it with a job in the first place and no doubt still having a ton of perks and good pay in such a position and to do this...absolutely shocking!!
Old Jun 9th 2013, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

thanks SchnookoLoly, recorded it is!
Old Jun 9th 2013, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Origin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really nice

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
There will be someone there - they'll have a courier office that can accept deliveries whenever. Tons and tons and tons of people send things delivered and I don't think anyone has ever posted about items having to be returned. It's not like you're delivering to a residential address - for all intents and purposes you might as well be delivering to a company, and a company usually doesn't have a "letterbox" as such, they'll have a courier desk that can do all kinds of signing.
thanks SchnookoLoly, recorded it is!
Mine was signed for at 7:05am by the security guard so there will be someone there.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ak9
hard to believe people are so greedy! .... they have no idea how great they have it with a job in the first place and no doubt still having a ton of perks and good pay in such a position and to do this...absolutely shocking!!
It's going to be a rough ride ahead for us sadly. PAFSO employees at London (and 11 other missions overseas) walked off the job as of 2pm Thursday and are on full strike.

There are locally employed staff who aren't PAFSO and also the managers but I can see applications moving along at glacial speeds from this point forth until this thing is resolved.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 2:47 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ak9
Know nothing response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.