Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 4th 2010, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

quietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nice
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Lethe
You'll hear soon Louise I'm sure of it!
quietgiroth, just wait until you've also watched all the CSI's (yup including Miami) the Criminal Minds and the Holmes' Homes too!
Lol, I hope it doesn't get to that point! I can't stand CSI (although I have watched most of the Holmes on Homes...scared to buy somewhere in Canada now).

I just wish there was an end date, it is the not knowing that gets me....
Old Aug 4th 2010, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

u952460 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by quietgiroth
Lol, I hope it doesn't get to that point! I can't stand CSI (although I have watched most of the Holmes on Homes...scared to buy somewhere in Canada now).

I just wish there was an end date, it is the not knowing that gets me....
does anyone know the process after the passport request? is this when the visa is issued? can this only be issued in london or does the "flag pole" work on this......
Old Aug 4th 2010, 10:25 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by u952460
does anyone know the process after the passport request? is this when the visa is issued? can this only be issued in london or does the "flag pole" work on this......
You'll receive a request (email or post) asking for you to send your passport to London. Once they receive it, they insert the visa and mail it back to you.

Once you have it back, you can flagpole if you're already in Canada by heading to the border.

They then scribble all over your shiny visa and send you your permanent residency card weeks later.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

u952460 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by el_richo
You'll receive a request (email or post) asking for you to send your passport to London. Once they receive it, they insert the visa and mail it back to you.

Once you have it back, you can flagpole if you're already in Canada by heading to the border.

They then scribble all over your shiny visa and send you your permanent residency card weeks later.
Thanks El Richo. Do you know what kind of timeframe this involves? If I were in London and went to the embassey, would they issue the visa the same day?
Old Aug 4th 2010, 10:44 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by u952460
Thanks El Richo. Do you know what kind of timeframe this involves? If I were in London and went to the embassey, would they issue the visa the same day?
No, if you turn up in person it's shown to be 2 weeks. If you post it (from within the UK), it shows to be anywhere between 3-4 weeks in general.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 4:19 pm
MUA
Forum Regular

MUA is an unknown quantity at this point
Question re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi Guys,

I sponsored my husband from the UK, kids and me are Canadian Citizens. We are currently living in the UK. I'm a bit concerned as I sent my application to CIC as follows:

CIC-Miss 26 June 2010 - application sent
CIC-Miss 29 June 2010 - application recd by CIC

I have since then heard nothing...keep on checking there website every weds under my Receipt number and my surname as I sponsored hubby, but nothing has been updated.

I know it was probably the wrong time to send it as it was Canada Day on 1st July, which was a thursday...so I'm guessing they probably didn't start looking at my app until 5th July!!

Anyone sent there forms at the same time as me and heard from them??
Old Aug 5th 2010, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

smivers is on a distinguished road

Assuming there's nothing significant for them to worry about, I'd guess that the letter is on its way to you, and the ecas will be updated early next week to tell you as much.

Andy
Old Aug 5th 2010, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...sp#sponsorship for the current processing times.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Originally Posted by anita23
Hi Guys,

I sponsored my husband from the UK, kids and me are Canadian Citizens. We are currently living in the UK. I'm a bit concerned as I sent my application to CIC as follows:

CIC-Miss 26 June 2010 - application sent
CIC-Miss 29 June 2010 - application recd by CIC

I have since then heard nothing...keep on checking there website every weds under my Receipt number and my surname as I sponsored hubby, but nothing has been updated.

I know it was probably the wrong time to send it as it was Canada Day on 1st July, which was a thursday...so I'm guessing they probably didn't start looking at my app until 5th July!!

Anyone sent there forms at the same time as me and heard from them??
Anita, it took 5 weeks for us to hear after we sent everything off. Try not to worry too much.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

londonottawa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lethe
Anita, it took 5 weeks for us to hear after we sent everything off. Try not to worry too much.
It took us 5 weeks too.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 5:06 pm
MUA
Forum Regular

MUA is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Thanks guys...must be more patient...mentally I'm already in Canada...

Also I've noticed from other threads that I didn't add our travels..as the form stated additional travel details should be included if your application is going to Paris CIC office, whereas mine (for my hubby) would be forwarded to London office..Can anyone help..if so will CIC-M ask us to forward at a later date..when his application comes to London??
Old Aug 5th 2010, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Also I've noticed from other threads that I didn't add our travels..as the form stated additional travel details should be included if your application is going to Paris CIC office, whereas mine (for my hubby) would be forwarded to London office..Can anyone help..if so will CIC-M ask us to forward at a later date..when his application comes to London??
For the spousal route going to London you don't need to include this. For some other routes/offices you do.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Thanks guys...must be more patient...mentally I'm already in Canada...

I think they probably will ask for it if they want it as your application was sent after the changes. I filled it in when I did mine by accident and sent it anyway. I wouldn't worry too much, they will request it if they want it (I think). You could always email them a general question to find out.

Last edited by Lethe; Aug 5th 2010 at 5:13 pm. Reason: I'm not sure so probably best to check.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

simongrounds is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you need to send your passport to London if you are already in Canada? I thought they would send me my visa, and then I would need to leave the country and re-enter
Old Aug 5th 2010, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by simongrounds
Do you need to send your passport to London if you are already in Canada? I thought they would send me my visa, and then I would need to leave the country and re-enter
Yes, as el richo said in his last post you still have to send your passport to London even if you are in Canada, they then attach your visa to your passport and send it back. Only then can you flagpole.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.