Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 11th 2012, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by mattieuk
Hey - I'm on a similar submission date. My online application status checker still hasn't changed from 'application received' although I did phone up 2 weeks ago, and the girl at the office said that it has been approved and sent on to London.

Not sure if they're meant to change it, or send out a letter. As people have said before, I was fine with waiting - until I started checking the online status - and now its panic stations!

Haha I've now made sure I only check once a week - to stop from driving myself mad.

And I think I said this to you before, but if you see my timeline, I didn't receive an email for a good 2 weeks after they'd apparently approved my sponsor.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by janham
ok will do my brother in law has sent the paperwork over so it should be here early next week, the CIC sent it to the UK even though we told them of our change of address.

Can't you try your local office too?
Hey janham!

Did they respond saying your address had been updated? We emailed them about the address change and they emailed back saying it had been updated on their systems despite whatever ecas might say. Did you get that email? Should we worry they may still send it to the old address? x
Old Mar 11th 2012, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shudda
Hey janham!

Did they respond saying your address had been updated? We emailed them about the address change and they emailed back saying it had been updated on their systems despite whatever ecas might say. Did you get that email? Should we worry they may still send it to the old address? x
Hey Shudda,

We asked them about my medical running out etc and at the same time informed them of the new address, there response was "thank you we have updated your file" - so we thought it was done and funnily enough when we saw E-cas saying "Decision Made" we thought maybe we should tell them again but decided they probably had already sent the paperwork by that time so left it!! when we looked on E-Cas our address had not changed so maybe we should have taken note of that!

Good luck
Old Mar 11th 2012, 9:35 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by conjonway
Haha I've now made sure I only check once a week - to stop from driving myself mad.

And I think I said this to you before, but if you see my timeline, I didn't receive an email for a good 2 weeks after they'd apparently approved my sponsor.
Ah - must've missed that post hopefully it comes through soon.

I've still got 5/6 months until my visa runs out anyway - so I'm not really overly concerned at this point.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Ah - must've missed that post hopefully it comes through soon.

I've still got 5/6 months until my visa runs out anyway - so I'm not really overly concerned at this point.
I have 1 month and 16 days haha
Old Mar 12th 2012, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by janham

Hey Shudda,

We asked them about my medical running out etc and at the same time informed them of the new address, there response was "thank you we have updated your file" - so we thought it was done and funnily enough when we saw E-cas saying "Decision Made" we thought maybe we should tell them again but decided they probably had already sent the paperwork by that time so left it!! when we looked on E-Cas our address had not changed so maybe we should have taken note of that!

Good luck
Thanks! Funnily enough, just checked ecas and they've changed the address!

Let's hope we get there soon and it comes straight to us...
Old Mar 12th 2012, 5:23 am
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

I have 1 month and 16 days haha
Oh jeez! Are you going to border-hop and get a visitor's visa if it doesn't come through in time?

Fingers crossed your is one of the faster applications!
Old Mar 12th 2012, 11:33 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Hey - I'm on a similar submission date. My online application status checker still hasn't changed from 'application received' although I did phone up 2 weeks ago, and the girl at the office said that it has been approved and sent on to London.

Not sure if they're meant to change it, or send out a letter. As people have said before, I was fine with waiting - until I started checking the online status - and now its panic stations!
How did you check online if you hadn't heard from CIC yet, or did they give you your file number when you called? I didn't think you could check before they gave you your application and UCI number when they do your sponsor approval...
Old Mar 12th 2012, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

peng is an unknown quantity at this point

Another week begins in the waiting game... so as a topic for the week has anyone started looking for jobs? Had any responses? I have applied for a few but not heard anything back- So far most companies wont even reject you- they just ignore you and even say it on the recruitment page!

On ECAS checking - i'm down to once every other day- though i did check on Saturday and sunday oh and this morning of course...
Old Mar 12th 2012, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peng
Another week begins in the waiting game... so as a topic for the week has anyone started looking for jobs? Had any responses? I have applied for a few but not heard anything back- So far most companies wont even reject you- they just ignore you and even say it on the recruitment page!

On ECAS checking - i'm down to once every other day- though i did check on Saturday and sunday oh and this morning of course...
Right, another week. Not a lot happened last week (except ours that I recall) so maybe this week will be a banner week. Here's hoping!

My husband has started looking for a job, but no success yet. Peng what part of Canada are you moving to?
Old Mar 12th 2012, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh jeez! Are you going to border-hop and get a visitor's visa if it doesn't come through in time?
Got a TWP coming through the pipeline, should be here before my current visa expires! Otherwise, yes

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
How did you check online if you hadn't heard from CIC yet, or did they give you your file number when you called? I didn't think you could check before they gave you your application and UCI number when they do your sponsor approval...
The sponsor will get their UCI and an application number when you receive the email stating your file has been received in Mississauga...
Old Mar 12th 2012, 2:21 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

The sponsor will get their UCI and an application number when you receive the email stating your file has been received in Mississauga...
Wait, has been received in Mississauga? I haven't received anything. I sent it by registered post and it arrived there on 25-Jan, but haven't had a peep in my email about them confirming receipt...!!!
Old Mar 12th 2012, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

peng is an unknown quantity at this point

Wait, has been received in Mississauga? I haven't received anything. I sent it by registered post and it arrived there on 25-Jan, but haven't had a peep in my email about them confirming receipt...!!!

It means when they open your file to start processing it- they email you to say
"This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on x/z/z!
On the email is a UCI and file number which you can then use to log into ECAS-(on line checker) although it doesnt start working for a few days.

Then once your sponsorship is approved you get a second email with an attached letter saying sponsorship is approved ....now joing another queue and dont contact us for 6 months.....
Old Mar 12th 2012, 3:22 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by peng
It means when they open your file to start processing it- they email you to say
"This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on x/z/z!
On the email is a UCI and file number which you can then use to log into ECAS-(on line checker) although it doesnt start working for a few days.

Then once your sponsorship is approved you get a second email with an attached letter saying sponsorship is approved ....now joing another queue and dont contact us for 6 months.....
Oh thank god. This is how I thought it all happened, and then the recent posts had me second-guessing and having a freakout... Glad to know I'm not entirely losing my mind (ish)!
Old Mar 12th 2012, 3:51 pm
Temporary Canuck

I haven't heard anything back at all either - however your UCI stays with you through your dealings with the Canadian embassy - so my UCI number is the same as the 2 previous IEC visas I've had.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.