Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 8th 2011, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
Quick question - I have searched this but cant seem to find anything relevant. Im filling in my ACRO police cert application to send back to the UK and then be part of my spousal sponsership application.

I am currently living in Canada on the IEC - would my current address be here in Canada, just because it says on the ACRO form that this will be the address that is printed on the form and Im wondering if this will confuse the CIC?
I put my husband's uk address- he was just here as a visitor though - he did iec year before.

Can you ask for it to be mailed to your address in Canada but put your home address on it?
Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:17 am
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BrennaBoo

Well, checked the email this morning and the golden ticket came through!!! My husband recieved his passport request this morning!!

I was shocked and happy that we have finally reached the final step of processing!

Thanks to everyone who has helped us with our little problems and frets as we've been through this process. This is proof a couple of stupid kids in love can do this with no experience in immigration applications, with everyone's help on these boards we've managed to fill everything out correctly and well, time for a big bottle of vino!!!

Jaskp1 - i'm sure you'll be hearing so soon!

Hey BrennaBoo & jaskp1, have been away on holiday to Vancouver island for a week and so am a bit behind with the news here on BE, but many congrats to you both on your passport requests......it's a great feeling to finally get that email isn't it?

Im currently waiting for mine to be returned so am back on the waiting game again myself. it's been just over 3 weeks since I sent it off and whilst the email says to expect to be without it for up to 6 weeks, I know there have been instances where people have recieved them back in 3-4 weeks.

Anyway, once again.....many congrats!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Ivesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leggy969
Hey BrennaBoo & jaskp1, have been away on holiday to Vancouver island for a week and so am a bit behind with the news here on BE, but many congrats to you both on your passport requests......it's a great feeling to finally get that email isn't it?

Im currently waiting for mine to be returned so am back on the waiting game again myself. it's been just over 3 weeks since I sent it off and whilst the email says to expect to be without it for up to 6 weeks, I know there have been instances where people have recieved them back in 3-4 weeks.

Hi there i am fairly new on here only posted a few questions, i think this site is so great and every one is so helpful, we actually got a consultant to help us with all of our forms, if i had known about this thread before i would have asked all of your help. We have sent in our application in through our consultant it was posted over to Mississauga around the 7th july i dont know when it was received and i am desperate to hear some news, looking on here all of your first stage approvel was done in just over a month... i am hoping we will get some news any day now
Old Aug 10th 2011, 7:23 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Checking o the CIC website the timescale for stage one has increased to 50 odd days now.

You should ask your consultant for a tracking number or something (unless it was posted by non recorded or something).

If we presume it was posted recorded delivery for next day I would expect to get an email (sent to the sponsor) in around a week
Old Aug 10th 2011, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Checking o the CIC website the timescale for stage one has increased to 50 odd days now.

You should ask your consultant for a tracking number or something (unless it was posted by non recorded or something).

If we presume it was posted recorded delivery for next day I would expect to get an email (sent to the sponsor) in around a week
Hi mandymoochops thank you for your reply; i will ask my consultant if there is a tracking number, i think because she is acting on behalf of us she will get the email not my husband( sponsor) all very frustrating... really appreciate your reply.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 10:32 am
Just Joined

londonlisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
Hoping for some reassurance as am starting to get a bit anxious. We sent our application to Misissauga off on the 13th of June by courier, assumed that it would reach there a day or two later. We sent it via my partner's business courier and did not get a receipt. We are still waiting to hear anything, no email or update on the website. We have been using the receipt as the id to enter.

Would the email come to me (the sponsor) or him? Is it always email. How often do they actually update the page (says on Tuesdays but has not been done either this week or last) Aaaggghhh am getting really nervous now we've missed something.

Thanks for your help,
Lisa
Old Aug 10th 2011, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

jaskp1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by leggy969

hey Leggy969,

thanks so much... Like i mentioned onced earlier, i cried, screamed, laughed and jumped all at the same time!! It's still so unbelievable... Well if the London Riots calm down, I should be able to travel down to the Canadian High Commission on 18th. Hope all goes well.

P.S so shocked by the London riots... I do hope this doesn't delay everyone else's PPRs. Hope it calms down very soon. Fingers crossed.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

sjgreenman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by londonlisa
Hi there,
Hoping for some reassurance as am starting to get a bit anxious. We sent our application to Misissauga off on the 13th of June by courier, assumed that it would reach there a day or two later. We sent it via my partner's business courier and did not get a receipt. We are still waiting to hear anything, no email or update on the website. We have been using the receipt as the id to enter.

Would the email come to me (the sponsor) or him? Is it always email. How often do they actually update the page (says on Tuesdays but has not been done either this week or last) Aaaggghhh am getting really nervous now we've missed something.

Thanks for your help,
Lisa
If it helps we sent our application in to Missassauga in April, and heard back via the mail in the last week of May so you should hear something soon. The letter saying things had been sent on to London reached the house in my name so I'd enter your details on the site and see what happens.

In other news, our application which hit London June 4th was processed on August 4th, completed by the 8, we got our Passport request through today, August 10th and have sent it out this afternoon to hopefully reach them tomorrow afternoon. Things are looking really good for a move mid November. Can anybody weigh in on international movers? We're looking at going with Fox but I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations or warnings. We'll be going from South Wales so it looks like our stuff would be shipped out of Bristol into Halifax.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sjgreenman
If it helps we sent our application in to Missassauga in April, and heard back via the mail in the last week of May so you should hear something soon. The letter saying things had been sent on to London reached the house in my name so I'd enter your details on the site and see what happens.

In other news, our application which hit London June 4th was processed on August 4th, completed by the 8, we got our Passport request through today, August 10th and have sent it out this afternoon to hopefully reach them tomorrow afternoon. Things are looking really good for a move mid November. Can anybody weigh in on international movers? We're looking at going with Fox but I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations or warnings. We'll be going from South Wales so it looks like our stuff would be shipped out of Bristol into Halifax.

Hi there i am really pleased for you and eventually getting everything sorted out very quickly, this makes me feel a lot better as i was feeling really down today.. so this has made me feel more positive again ; thanks
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ivesy
Hi there i am really pleased for you and eventually getting everything sorted out very quickly, this makes me feel a lot better as i was feeling really down today.. so this has made me feel more positive again ; thanks
Has anybody else sent applications in in july 2011, if so has anyone heard back yet?
Old Aug 11th 2011, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ivesy
Has anybody else sent applications in in july 2011, if so has anyone heard back yet?
Hi Ivesy... I believe right now June applicants are receiving their Step 1 approvals. So it might be a little while... Hope this helps:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...CJyi-IYE#gid=0
Old Aug 11th 2011, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Hi there,

Thanks for your help,
Lisa
Hi LondonLisa,

I think you should hear soon. Have a look at this:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...CJyi-IYE#gid=0

Also, call the courier company and ask them when it reached there. There might have been a delay in delivering it to CPC-M. But if it got there in good time, you should hear something soon. Keep checking your emails (spam too)... You (the sponsor) should receive an email from this address:
[email protected]

Hope the info helps

Last edited by jaskp1; Aug 11th 2011 at 11:50 am.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sjgreenman

Woopie!! Congrats Sjgreenman!!

Very very happy for you for finally getting the email!! Well, hope the passport gets back soon and the move to Canada is smooth!!
Old Aug 11th 2011, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

CannuckHeadingHome is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Thanks for your help,
Lisa
Hi LondonLisa,
We sent ours at almost the same time - it arrived at CPC-M by courier on 20-June. I have been checking the CIC timeline webpage and every week, they seem to add another week to the expected time . Yesterday's update says that they are working on applications received on 17-June but last week they were working on 16-June. I suppose this must be due to people out on summer holidays.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...es/perm-fc.asp

Hopefully they will all get back off holiday soon and start working on our applications . Good Luck
Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Aperture is on a distinguished road

jaskp1, that's an amazing spreadsheet! I'd be happy to add our information to the list--do I submit it to you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.